Lovin' The Lifestyle

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Hmm we never got chocolate chip cookies when we moved here in Feb.
Yes you did. I'm from the Bronx so I felt inclined to steal them. I would say I was sorry but they were too good so I'm not at all sorry.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,038 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
Yes you did. I'm from the Bronx so I felt inclined to steal them. I would say I was sorry but they were too good so I'm not at all sorry.
Well at least I did get to keep my black and white cookies. Anyone who gets between me and them is in serious trouble.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond2005 View Post
After living in New York, living anywhere would be pleasurable
Actually that’s not accurate. Treesa said she came from LI. I moved from the Bronx to West Babylon in 1974. Long Island at that time was known as the best kept secret. Beaches, boating, golf, sports and homes were actually affordable. LI has undoubtedly changed but I’m certain there are still many desirable areas. Don’t bother telling me to move. I couldn’t afford it anyway and I don’t enjoy winters anymore.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:32 AM

We too are originally from Long Island. You are 100% correct - there is no better place you can live that the Villages! The only place I know that is better, is the Village of the future. The Developers seem never to be content, but always looking to improve our way of life. The bad .001% of people who have snuck in to the Villages are such a small percentage that we just need to not let them get ALL the headlines!
Old 07-09-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryl View Post
You a living in a fantasy world not everyone I villages is nice
I don't believe I said that everyone in The Villages is nice. I do believe that the majority of them are though. We are all at a time in our lives when we are done with our careers, competition in the work places, raising children and all the stresses that go along with it. Now is the time to enjoy what we have all worked so hard for. Nice homes, clean and beautiful environment, games, music, hobbies, clubs, new Friends, etc. The Villages just happens to be the perfect place to do all those things and more, in my opinion.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmcaninch View Post
We have been here for 2 years (Fenney) and have NO regrets. Great neighbors who would not hesitate to do things to help each other. I also love the fact that we are from all over - makes life that much richer.
Yes, that is one of the many things I appreciate also. Everybody is from some place else and I love to ask what they did for a living. Can you imagine all the knowledge and experience together living here in The Villages? I've met some very interesting people!
Old 07-09-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
Actually that’s not accurate. Treesa said she came from LI. I moved from the Bronx to West Babylon in 1974. Long Island at that time was known as the best kept secret. Beaches, boating, golf, sports and homes were actually affordable. LI has undoubtedly changed but I’m certain there are still many desirable areas. Don’t bother telling me to move. I couldn’t afford it anyway and I don’t enjoy winters anymore.
Yes, I was born in Jamaica Queens, Dad moved Family to Amityville, LI when I was 5, graduated from Copiague HS and moved to Medford, LI after I married.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandHSTAR@AOL.com View Post
So glad you are feeling better. Yes having wonderful neighbors is what got me through some rough times. Where on Long Island are you from. We lived in Lindenhurst.
I was born in Jamaica, Queens and moved to Amityville when I was 5. Graduated from Copiague H.S.. Lindenhurst?! We were neighbors! LOL
Old 07-09-2020, 11:31 AM

I couldnt agree more. I am also from LI. Bought about 7 years ago and rent it long term. Been coming down here a few times a year since then and have met the most wonderful people. Just bought my home that I am going to live in when we retire in two years and we also got chocolate chip cookies from our neighbor. We are here for a bit this summer and have had so many neighbors help us with recommendations on things we want to do on the house.
It makes me sick how the biased media just showed that one incident of the man yelling out white power. They didn't think it was necessary i guess to show that big mouth getting in everyones face and attacking everyone verbally. not to mention getting in front of that golf cart to block those people. Now , I know if there was a Biden parade, I just wouldnt go. No need to. These people look to egg on people who don't share their views and bait you.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderk View Post
Hmmm . . . As a recent Yankee transplant, I too missed the cookies... However, my neighbors delivered chocolate covered strawberries instead and helped move & assemble furniture, and loaned their hand tools. As anywhere else, there is the occasional human alligator with moronic plandemic beliefs that are vastly offset by spectacular sunsets, abundant birds/wildlife, smiling street walkers/cyclists, and happy golfers.
Love what you just said. You described the other beautiful things I love about living here. Puts a smile on my face seeing egrets strutting across my yard, the beautiful sunsets, and thrilled when I see people walking or cycling by the house. Hope I'm not being too gushy, but that's just how I feel.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:10 PM
Default The Villages

I agree with you. There are a few bad apples who wouldn't be happy anywhere but The Villages really does have the nicest and most respectful people.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryl View Post
You a living in a fantasy world not everyone I villages is nice
Yeah, but at least they re-read their posts to make sure they make sense.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,038 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barborv View Post
I couldnt agree more. I am also from LI. Bought about 7 years ago and rent it long term. Been coming down here a few times a year since then and have met the most wonderful people. Just bought my home that I am going to live in when we retire in two years and we also got chocolate chip cookies from our neighbor. We are here for a bit this summer and have had so many neighbors help us with recommendations on things we want to do on the house.
It makes me sick how the biased media just showed that one incident of the man yelling out white power. They didn't think it was necessary i guess to show that big mouth getting in everyones face and attacking everyone verbally. not to mention getting in front of that golf cart to block those people. Now , I know if there was a Biden parade, I just wouldnt go. No need to. These people look to egg on people who don't share their views and bait you.
Hmm still wondering where our chocolate chip cookies got to. That character from the Bronx couldnt have swiped all of them could he?
Old 07-09-2020, 01:06 PM
Smile

Good of you to write a nice uplifting letter, instead of the usual drivel and complaints.I also am from Long Island, having lived in Levittown for 40 years, before moving into the Villages.When my wife, now deceased,and I came here, there were only 14 thousand people here.When we went down to the Town Square on Monday night, which was called Fiesta Night, we knew half the folks we ran into. Over the years here, which is about 25 years now,we made many friends,and we formed our own little group, going on trips together, having picniks, playing cards, bocci, bowling, etc. We truly had a wonderful retirement here. Sadly, during the last five years or we lost almost all our dear friends, one way or another, and then I lost my wife, after 66 years of marriage and I will be eternally grateful for all those wonderful years.I don't think our life would have been so good in any other place except The Villages.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Hmm still wondering where our chocolate chip cookies got to. That character from the Bronx couldnt have swiped all of them could he?
Yo forgetaboutit. Of course I did!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, living, home, live, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.