Caribbean Chillers

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2021, 11:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts
Default Caribbean Chillers

Headed over to Sumter Landing to give them a listen. First time hearing them and I enjoyed their music. Very relaxing and made for a nice evening. The center was pretty empty tonight which is too bad as people missed out. It was such a beautiful day and evening I thought more people would be out. We sat by ourselves on the porch so it was very nice.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:33 AM
Thumbs up

They are excellent. My wife and I try to see them every time they perform.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I was there for the second set and enjoyed them. My good friend Gary Senator usually plays with them but he's not feeling well right now.

I didn't think that the square was all that empty. There were a lot more people than there were at Spanish Springs where another very good band was playing.

It seems that certain bands develop a following and people turn out for them. Other bands who may be playing here for the first time don't draw crowds because people haven't heard of them. I thoroughly enjoyed the Amplifiers at SS last night as well.

Certain bands draw huge crowds when there are other bands that are just as good.I guess that it just takes a while to develop a following. But people are missing out on some really good bands but not checking out some of the new comers.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Caribbean Chillers normally get a big crowd, one reason is the Jimmy Buffet fan club Parrot Heads in Paradise in TV has over 1,500 members and has donated over $4 million to charity. The weather probably wasn't tropical enough to wear a Hawaiian Shirt. I've seen Caribbean Chillers about five times in the past ten years, they're a good show.

I remember reading a story about the lead singer Jason Webb not too long ago in the Daily Sun. He's been singing in TV since Spanish Springs square had the bands in a tent. He was in regular bands back then and then decided to form the Jimmy Buffet band a dozen years ago, and it's been great ever since.

Parrot Heads in Paradise Club

The Villages Florida
Old 01-12-2021, 12:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Scooter the DJ had a pretty decent crowd at Brownwood.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

I enjoy them. It’s been too chilly for me. Yes yes. I’m a weenie. My blood has thinned.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

The last time I saw them at Brownwood they would sing a song and then talk for ten minutes. It was not a good show.

However, I do like this song they wrote:

Chillers Belleair 2.21.16 Fly In My Glass of Tequila - YouTube
Old 01-12-2021, 10:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

It was a beautiful night, pretty warm. They played about 50 minutes out of each hour. Little to no talking. Been coming here about 5 years and this was the first time I had heard of them.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:59 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

My favorite band playing at the squares. They are good, they are likeable, and they are fun. I never quit smiling when they play.

Tags
people, evening, nice, bad, porch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.