Low flying Biplane!

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

So not snoopy. Thanks for the show. You have to remember short term memory loss is an everyday event here. Four minutes to some can be hours to others. Kudos For trying to make a heart for your wife. Course all of you guys out there could lie and say it was for their wife . .
Old 10-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Sage
Default Low flying Biplane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndc View Post
The red biplane is mine. I fly over my neighborhood enroute to my aerobatic practice area 10 miles NE of The Villages while the engine warms up. I’m usually overhead for 2-3 minutes, my total flight time is normally 25-35 minutes from take off to landing. I don’t fly “back and forth over The Villages for hours”….how boring would that be!!

For example, on Oct 22 the post said I “started at 9:00….. still at it at 2:00”, was actually two flights, one in the morning that lasted 32 min and 54 seconds, of which 4 min and 40 seconds was over The Villages where I was trying to skywrite a “heart” for my wife. The second flight (it was such a beautiful day I just had to go again) lasted 29 min and 32 seconds of which 4 min and 9 seconds was over The Villages. So, not 5 hours overhead, but only two periods of 4 minutes each.

I video every flight I take with a GoPro camera mounted on the airplane and I archive the videos. My altimeter is visible in the video, and it’s easy to see that I’m always above 1000 feet and NEVER do aerobatics over The Villages. None…ever….no loops, no inverted flight. I always comply with FAA regulations. Easy to see on the videos. Also easy to see are the aerobatics I do over my practice area, near the national forest to the northeast….barrel rolls, aileron rolls, slow rolls, 4-point rolls, snap rolls, loops, loops with a roll on top, hammerheads, hammerheads with vertical rolls, immelmans, split S’s, Cuban 8’s and a few other fun things.

I do apologize to anyone whose peace I may have disturbed, Perhaps I’ll do most of my warm up time somewhere else, I know the airplane is noisy. However, I can’t let the exaggerations and accusations go unanswered….but I’m not entering into an online debate.

I don't see any reason for you to apologize. I enjoy watching you immensely. It reminds me of when I was a lot younger and a TWA pilot friend of mine would take me out in an open cockpit early WWII fighter. Please don't warm up elsewhere.

P.S. I live in Sanibel. We all love you here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by dbussone; 10-23-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:44 PM

Tapes?...lets go to the video tapes.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I don’t fly “back and forth over The Villages for hours”….how boring would that be!!

That's about how long it takes for me to fly around the Villages once in my Cub.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
The red biplane is mine. I fly over my neighborhood enroute to my aerobatic practice area 10 miles NE of The Villages while the engine warms up. I’m usually overhead for 2-3 minutes, my total flight time is normally 25-35 minutes from take off to landing. I don’t fly “back and forth over The Villages for hours”….how boring would that be!!

For example, on Oct 22 the post said I “started at 9:00….. still at it at 2:00”, was actually two flights, one in the morning that lasted 32 min and 54 seconds, of which 4 min and 40 seconds was over The Villages where I was trying to skywrite a “heart” for my wife. The second flight (it was such a beautiful day I just had to go again) lasted 29 min and 32 seconds of which 4 min and 9 seconds was over The Villages. So, not 5 hours overhead, but only two periods of 4 minutes each.

I video every flight I take with a GoPro camera mounted on the airplane and I archive the videos. My altimeter is visible in the video, and it’s easy to see that I’m always above 1000 feet and NEVER do aerobatics over The Villages. None…ever….no loops, no inverted flight. I always comply with FAA regulations. Easy to see on the videos. Also easy to see are the aerobatics I do over my practice area, near the national forest to the northeast….barrel rolls, aileron rolls, slow rolls, 4-point rolls, snap rolls, loops, loops with a roll on top, hammerheads, hammerheads with vertical rolls, immelmans, split S’s, Cuban 8’s and a few other fun things.

I do apologize to anyone whose peace I may have disturbed, Perhaps I’ll do most of my warm up time somewhere else, I know the airplane is noisy. However, I can’t let the exaggerations and accusations go unanswered….but I’m not entering into an online debate.
I also live in Sanibel. I see and hear you overhead a lot. Every time I hear your plane I say " there's that crazy guy up in the plane" and I run out to watch. I enjoy your runs overhead and I see people on the golf course stop and look too. Please be careful and continue to enjoy what you love!
Old 10-23-2016, 10:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Don't ever apologize for things that make you truly happy! Maybe you could start flying over Lynnhaven so I could see your stunts! Great having people like you among us. This place needs more happy and carefree!! Peace out...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 07:16 AM

We love watching you! And the heart was adorable!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

I was golfing at Roosevelt while you were making the hearts for your wife. The four of us loved it. We weren't even bothered that it "slowed" down our game.

Thanks for the fun. At least now we know who the hearts were for. Nice job. From the ground it was a lot of fun. Can't imagine what it was like "up there".
Old 10-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Veteran member

I have always enjoyed watching the flights
Old 10-25-2016, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Don't ever apologize for things that make you truly happy! Maybe you could start flying over Lynnhaven so I could see your stunts! Great having people like you among us. This place needs more happy and carefree!! Peace out...
When you leave Lynnhaven could you just jog over a little and fly over Glenview please?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Can we sign up for rides? Riding in a biplane, especially while it does a stunt or two has always been a dream of mine. Just think, you could be flying 24/7 just giving rides. (Bet you could even charge and then imagine yourself barnstorming.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

Tags
back, low, white, biplane, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.