Low voltage box in the garage

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2021, 09:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Thanks for the helpful tips. I pulled the UPS out yesterday. The wires went down with the phone wires so they must lead to the outside NID. Couldn't find my security allen wrench so not positive. It's a shame that the guy I bought the house from never unplugged it after he got rid of Century Link.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsalla Apopka View Post
Best option is to just close the door.
It’s probably best to not ignore these things too long. There’s a battery inside the UPS unit. When the battery gets to old, it could start leaking battery acid. Leaking battery acid in your home is something you should try to avoid!
Old 04-11-2021, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,713 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Thanks for the helpful tips. I pulled the UPS out yesterday. The wires went down with the phone wires so they must lead to the outside NID. Couldn't find my security allen wrench so not positive. It's a shame that the guy I bought the house from never unplugged it after he got rid of Century Link.
I agree. But, the guy should have never allowed Century Link to cram their equipment into the panel box in the first place. I would have made them remove the equipment and cancelled the service.

Also, you may want to verify the need for the powered Comcast splitter. It appears to be powered by a plug-in transformer at the bottom of the panel. If that transformer fails, you may lose all of your Comcast services. It happened to a neighbor of mine.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. But, the guy should have never allowed Century Link to cram their equipment into the panel box in the first place. I would have made them remove the equipment and cancelled the service.

Also, you may want to verify the need for the powered Comcast splitter. It appears to be powered by a plug-in transformer at the bottom of the panel. If that transformer fails, you may lose all of your Comcast services. It happened to a neighbor of mine.

I'm not the OP, but was just thinking the home inspector could have mentioned something about the UPS. Especially since the house was vacant.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:42 PM
Default Low voltage Box

To quote a line from Jaws "You are going to need a bigger boat/box"
Old 07-21-2021, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasman29 View Post
To quote a line from Jaws "You are going to need a bigger boat/box"
I had a second wiring cabinet put in for all the equipment to not be smashed together, and to have more heat dissipation capabilities. Being in the garage with no air conditioning, i opted for more air circulation

I think I posted a picture here, but the BHyve is smaller and easier to fit in than the hunter.

I had Galaxy put my second box in. .

technology guy
Closed Thread

Tags
box, garage, kind, stream, comcast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.