Lower Sales

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
11,000 plus posts and you never heard that 466 was to be four lanes from Colony to 441?
9,000 plus posts and you think CR 466 runs from Colony to 441??
Old 02-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
9,000 plus posts and you think CR 466 runs from Colony to 441??
Just quoting you..........
Didn't want to cause you any confusion.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Veteran member

Lyle Gant has sales statistics on his website.

Click the link for "2001 - 2014 Sales Stats" to track year by year. YTD sales for 2015 is also available.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Sage

They need to get rid of that corny song. It's reminiscent of the Lawrence Welk and Mitch Miller Shows. No one wants to live with their parents. Like it or not the retirees relate to The Dead, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell and CSNY.
This place has everything that was fun when we were young. Sell that.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
11,000 plus posts and you never heard that 466 was to be four lanes from Colony to 441?
The bridge over Lake Sumter on Morse Blvd needs some shoring up.
You are speaking of 466A, not 466!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Veteran member

Just my honest opinion, but some of the new houses offered for sale are just ugly inside, from the color of the kitchen cabinets to the granite and flooring. Some of the master baths have garden tubs, which may be OK for some, but not for most. I have a designer house and I chose my options, and am really shocked at what many of the new designer houses are going for. I live in Charlotte, and go to open houses all the time and, when I come home, I always say to my husband, "Thank God we bought when we did". I'd still be freezing my butt off up north!
Old 02-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
The slow sales as I see it is, The homes especially court yard villas are
overpriced, I'm gonna get flak but check the prices , I just saw one
cyv for sale for 319 thousand pictures and all , maybe worth 260

I think a lot of people will put a very high price, if they get the over priced sale it pays to sell it, nothing to lose and much more money to gain.
Where do you get that number of $260,000? How do you know that's what it's worth?

In economics class, I was taught that something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

There are many CYVs selling for $300,000 and higher. In fact, there are some CYVs that people have sold for up to $500,000.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
They need to get rid of that corny song. It's reminiscent of the Lawrence Welk and Mitch Miller Shows. No one wants to live with their parents. Like it or not the retirees relate to The Dead, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell and CSNY.
This place has everything that was fun when we were young. Sell that.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:22 PM

Dr. Winston--I.ve been here now about 5 months, prior to that I lived up north and I was on the comp. just about every day for about 2 years checking prices on homes from the villages and realtors, Ifelt then and now I have a very good idea about the prices, and most today, I say most are overpriced, You can go nearby and get twice the house you pay for in the villages, I know the answer lifestyle, well nearby has the same advantages as the villages, they have everything the villages has except katie belle.
Thats my opinion, most residents won't admit because they are more or less stuck here, so naturally they will come up with the good, like no snow, well then no skiing either.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
You are speaking of 466A, not 466!
Being told once is enough.....................
Old 02-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Dr. Winston--I.ve been here now about 5 months, prior to that I lived up north and I was on the comp. just about every day for about 2 years checking prices on homes from the villages and realtors, Ifelt then and now I have a very good idea about the prices, and most today, I say most are overpriced, You can go nearby and get twice the house you pay for in the villages, I know the answer lifestyle, well nearby has the same advantages as the villages, they have everything the villages has except katie belle.
Thats my opinion, most residents won't admit because they are more or less stuck here, so naturally they will come up with the good, like no snow, well then no skiing either.
Twice the house and all the advantages (what does that mean?), sorry you made a mistake.
I ain't stuck here, I can leave whenever I want.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
h
Gee they are only selling 200 + homes a month, what bad business practice!!!!!
Old 02-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Sage

He's right if you don't play free exec golf, softball, archery, shoot air guns, play croquet or lawn bowling, like woodworking or join any clubs. Last I heard there were over 1,000 you could join.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:47 PM

Bogey, First I didn't say I made a mistake, I said you can get a house nearby for halve
the price you would pay for in the villages, As far as the advantages you have the same advantages as a resident except golf and the centers,

I'm not knocking the villages just saying the truth and not making it out better than what it is. Lijke I said anything neg. about the villages the same answers , well I don't have to shovel snow, no kidding, you can't ski either. It's a nice place here but being honest there is a lot of problems here, with driving and the attitude of some people.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Sage

When new houses are built without giving the purchaser a choice as to trim & extras--they sit on the mkt & dilute the mkt--spec homes do nothing but dilute the mkt--custom homes drive it up, also despite--the closer to Wildwood & Fruitland Pk all not help sales

A barrier is a comfort factor
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.