Lower Sales

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
Dr. Winston--I.ve been here now about 5 months, prior to that I lived up north and I was on the comp. just about every day for about 2 years checking prices on homes from the villages and realtors, Ifelt then and now I have a very good idea about the prices, and most today, I say most are overpriced, You can go nearby and get twice the house you pay for in the villages, I know the answer lifestyle, well nearby has the same advantages as the villages, they have everything the villages has except katie belle.
Thats my opinion, most residents won't admit because they are more or less stuck here, so naturally they will come up with the good, like no snow, well then no skiing either.
It's a shame that it didn't work out for you. If you had been studying intensely for about two years and determined that the TV homes were all over priced then why did you buy in TV? How can one make such a fallacious statement that most residents won't admit that they are stuck here? That is certainly not our experience or anyone we know here.

When you sell will you be selling at the going rate or will you sell for what you think it is really worth?
Old 02-16-2015, 05:07 PM

Beechiie- Read what I said okay, I didn't say I didn't like it here okay, I posted about the prices of nearby places, that happens to be the truth okay, you are an example of a resident who don't like to hear the truth, I'll say it one more time, You can buy twice the home you get here in the villages nearby,
Old 02-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Sage
It doesn't say how long sales have been slow, but shouldn't sales be higher in January and February when more people are visiting? This doesn't bode well for the Fruitland Park section, where bare-bones designers are supposed to start at $500,000.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Lyle Gant has sales statistics on his website.

Click the link for "2001 - 2014 Sales Stats" to track year by year. YTD sales for 2015 is also available.
"sort of" looks like Lyle's data is MLS Resales. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? The Villages not belonging to MLS---his data wouldn't reflect the sale of new homes by Property of The Villages.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
It doesn't say how long sales have been slow, but shouldn't sales be higher in January and February when more people are visiting? This doesn't bode well for the Fruitland Park section, where bare-bones designers are supposed to start at $500,000.

I doubt it that they will be priced higher.

Our rep told us that they always sell more homes here in May and June. That is when we bought here, both times.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Beechiie- Read what I said okay, I didn't say I didn't like it here okay, I posted about the prices of nearby places, that happens to be the truth okay, you are an example of a resident who don't like to hear the truth, I'll say it one more time, You can buy twice the home you get here in the villages nearby,
I'll agree only as far as you may be able to get a bigger house for the money but not even half the HOME you get here!
Old 02-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Yes, it's 466A! The highway is Lake County responsibility and the bridge Sumter County. Neither have anything to do with sales In TV IMHO.

I find the discussion regarding sales interesting but not unusual. As a development enters deeper into the final phase it's only natural for sales to slow a bit over time. By anybody's imagination, sales are still very very good. The marketing strategy of selling TV is exceeded by no one.
For the umpteenth time, it is not the bridge that needs work (which the county is responsible for), it is the land under the bridge which is sinking and needs shored up. The estimate for this work ranges up to 1.5 million, and will be paid by the district ie the residents.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
What's with the "okay" you sound like Bugsy Moran. For the record I was responding to your previous post when your comment about "not saying I didn't like it here" was posted.

It's not a case of not liking to hear anything negative about TV. It is however the constant complaints backed by an erroneous claim that most residents are stuck here. You could have fooled me though about your liking it here.

You didnt have to say it one more time pivo. I never questioned the fact that you get less house in TV than elsewhere. We were well aware of that but it didn't change our minds in the least.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:29 PM

Looneycat- Hi- I don't understand if you can get a bigger home for the money but not half the home here.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
I'll agree only as far as you may be able to get a bigger house for the money but not even half the HOME you get here!
Couldn't agree more looneycat.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:49 PM

deleted

Last edited by Laurie2; 02-16-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:52 PM

Beechie--- you couldn't agree on what, is your nose out of joint , because I mentioned
you can get twice the home for price wise as you would in the villages.

It doesn't bother I chose to live where I want.

so I'll say it again.

You can get twice the house nearby than you will get in the villages.

But I still like it here,I like it here, I like it here

has nothing to do witj prices elsewhere
Old 02-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Bogey, First I didn't say I made a mistake, I said you can get a house nearby for halve
the price you would pay for in the villages, As far as the advantages you have the same advantages as a resident except golf and the centers,

I'm not knocking the villages just saying the truth and not making it out better than what it is. Lijke I said anything neg. about the villages the same answers , well I don't have to shovel snow, no kidding, you can't ski either. It's a nice place here but being honest there is a lot of problems here, with driving and the attitude of some people.
And posters.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Beechie--- you couldn't agree on what, is your nose out of joint , because I mentioned
you can get twice the home for price wise as you would in the villages.

It doesn't bother I chose to live where I want.

so I'll say it again.

You can get twice the house nearby than you will get in the villages.

But I still like it here,I like it here, I like it here

has nothing to do witj prices elsewhere
Pivo you don't need to reiterate anything.

You clearly missed looneycat's post which is to say a house is just a place where people live. A home is truly where the heart is. Laurie2 summed it up by stating the "lifestyle" angle.

I hear you pivo so I'll echo your sentiments to all...Pivo really likes it in TV
Old 02-16-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Dr. Winston--I.ve been here now about 5 months, prior to that I lived up north and I was on the comp. just about every day for about 2 years checking prices on homes from the villages and realtors, Ifelt then and now I have a very good idea about the prices, and most today, I say most are overpriced, You can go nearby and get twice the house you pay for in the villages, I know the answer lifestyle, well nearby has the same advantages as the villages, they have everything the villages has except katie belle.
Thats my opinion, most residents won't admit because they are more or less stuck here, so naturally they will come up with the good, like no snow, well then no skiing either.
Most of the Seniors today are extremely educated and I do not think any of us are as you say "Stuck Here". They do their research and they do not buy without thinking out the consequenses. I do not know about you, but personally I am not "Stuck Here." If I ever feel we are not happy any more, I will put a For Sale Sign up, and move on. I for one am "Not Stuck."

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.