Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 06:05 PM

Beechie--Bogey shooter----Thank you, I love you both
Old 02-16-2015, 06:09 PM

CMJ--I'm not stuck here either that was a figure of speech

By the way hang on what you got,
Old 02-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Veteran member

It is still the fastest selling community in Fla. Much of the new inventory is composed of designers and premieres. They are still selling at a steady clip even if it is slower than in the past. Most developments wish they had the villages sales rate.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
For the umpteenth time, it is not the bridge that needs work (which the county is responsible for), it is the land under the bridge which is sinking and needs shored up. The estimate for this work ranges up to 1.5 million, and will be paid by the district ie the residents.
"Land under the bridge is sinking", I did read about that but haven't attended any District Meetings regarding details surrounding this problem. What land are they talking about? The land under the bridge I would think would be water or swamp. Is the Bridge sinking or in danger of sinking because the footings were not built to hold the weight of all the traffic? I wonder why the problem still wouldn't be the Sumter county responsibility unless the ground that is sinking has nothing to do with the bridge.

Regardless, this issue still has nothing to do with less home sales IMHO.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Sage

WOW - lot of mean spirited stuff being thrown about. Have they put something in the water?
Old 02-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
"Land under the bridge is sinking", I did read about that but haven't attended any District Meetings regarding details surrounding this problem. What land are they talking about? The land under the bridge I would think would be water or swamp. Is the Bridge sinking or in danger of sinking because the footings were not built to hold the weight of all the traffic? I wonder why the problem still wouldn't be the Sumter county responsibility unless the ground that is sinking has nothing to do with the bridge.

Regardless, this issue still has nothing to do with less home sales IMHO.
Bridge at Lake Sumter Landing

Here is a recent thread regarding an article that was in the on-line news a few weeks ago.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Gold member

Over a 100,000 people, live here. That says something about The Villages!!! ?????? I'd be curious what the average stay (in years) is at The Villages. Meaning from when you buy, until you sell and leave?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Over a 100,000 people, live here. That says something about The Villages!!! ?????? I'd be curious what the average stay (in years) is at The Villages. Meaning from when you buy, until you sell and leave?
Don't forget the FROGS if you want an accurate profile.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
It doesn't say how long sales have been slow, but shouldn't sales be higher in January and February when more people are visiting? This doesn't bode well for the Fruitland Park section, where bare-bones designers are supposed to start at $500,000.
who will buy a designer for over 500k.....unless its on a golf lot... or has numerous upgrades?

anxious to see how sales will go when the prices are that high....
Old 02-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
who will buy a designer for over 500k.....unless its on a golf lot... or has numerous upgrades?

I think that was a selling ploy. "better buy now because when fruitland park opens the homes will double in value"

I was hoping when I bought that it would be true. But that's not why I bought.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Gold member

whoops...
Old 02-16-2015, 07:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj1210 View Post
Most of the Seniors today are extremely educated and I do not think any of us are as you say "Stuck Here". They do their research and they do not buy without thinking out the consequenses. I do not know about you, but personally I am not "Stuck Here." If I ever feel we are not happy any more, I will put a For Sale Sign up, and move on. I for one am "Not Stuck."
They do their research and they do not buy without thinking out the consequenses.

What consequences?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

There are many designers that have all kinds of additions and kicks; some as big as 2500 sq. ft. ... and are on spectacular view lots that have sold for over $500 in the last six months.

I think Janmcn was talking about a stripped down designer and that doesn't sound plausible.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There are many designers that have all kinds of additions and kicks; some as big as 2500 sq. ft. ... and are on spectacular view lots that have sold for over $500 in the last six months.

I think Janmcn was talking about a stripped down designer and that doesn't sound plausible.
When plans for the Fruitland Park expansion were presented to the FP elected officials last year, Gary Moyer (not to be confused with Gary Morse) stated that designer homes would start at $500,000 and CYV's at $250,000. These homes will not have any bonds attached to them, so supposedly the higher prices will have to include the infrastructure.

But you are correct that plans could change depending on the market. Mark Morse is known to change course on a dime. Remember all the discussion about a second hospital and shopping center being built near Brownwood, which eventually got canceled.

There were many threads on the FP development.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:

After this winter in Boston and the rest of the NE US , probably more people than you can shake a stick at.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.