Lower Sales

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2015, 04:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Forget the size, but the quality of construction here is just average.
And if you opted for upgrades during construction, you paid through the nose.
Care to share your numbers as compared to other developments? How much is "paying through the nose" on a comparative basis?
Old 02-17-2015, 05:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Care to share your numbers as compared to other developments? How much is "paying through the nose" on a comparative basis?
I made no mention regarding other developers so consequently, I don't know where your question came from.

There is a big difference if you have an upgrade done though the developer or if you do it after market.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have seen other posts where people say that upgrades are cheaper after market rather than purchasing thru the Developer.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:33 AM
Sage

One of the best things about TV, there is no POA/HOA-screwing things up--as long as a professional developer/builder runs things all will be good

When so called well meaning amateurs take over----Hang ON---rough waters ahead with no captain

Been there
Old 02-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

All I can say is this my neighbor sells homes in TV and is doing just fine. Sure there are a number of homes for sale, sure the price is higher but what isn't higher? Hell even gas is going back up. If the current homes weren't selling they wouldn't be pushing Fruitland Park so much. Take a ride down the NEW Morse Blvd extension there's a whole new section going up down there on the right past the Premier Section. Yes 466A is being widened paid for by the family. Yea the Bridge over Lake Sumter is going to need work, better to fix it now before it collapses. I wouldn't trade this place for anything, prices where we moved from are still in the toilet at least here they're increasing. A lot of bitching about TV lately either people didn't do their homework before they moved here or not much of anything makes some people happy. JMO
Old 02-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Homes for under 400,000 seem to go quickly. The homes over half million seem to be on the slower mode. But that can change down the road
Old 02-17-2015, 07:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
The higher house prices in the last year may have something to do with slower sales. $189k patio villas and $400k designers w/o views were not around not so long ago. I'm glad they are, but it looks like the sale cycle takes longer.
I keep up with the year to date home sales that are posted in the Daily Sun. Yes, home sales are down and yes, prices have gone WAAAY up. Homes in my neighborhood have increase 30% in three years. The prices on new homes are now being discounted. I have notice the number of preowned homes has remained constant while the new home sales are down. It takes 30 days to close on the new home so I am eager to see if sales show an increase in March.

PS. I love TV and am not complaining. I am just citing the trend that I have seen.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
There is no question that TV sells more homes than anywhere else in the country, but the real question is what is the actual percentage compared to other places. It may not be as much as we all think. I also think that number is down from what you quoted.
I cannot remember who said the quote, but there are lies, damm lies and statistics... Using a percentage is not a good method of comparision. If a developer builds two houses their first year and 4 houses the second year, they have a 100% increase in their sales. If a developer builds 200 houses the first year and 250 the second year, they have only a 25% increase. Tell me, who is having a better year? Before I answered this, I would want to ask a few more questions.

Posters are throwing numbers out here and there is nothing to back up their statements. This covers all the topics... The IRS, the damm land under the bridge, paying for cutting trees, etc. Know what you are talking about. If you start citing statistics, at least mention your source. BTW, what "dude or dudette" said on the TOTV is not a source !
Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Forget the size, but the quality of construction here is just average.
And if you opted for upgrades during construction, you paid through the nose.
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have an engineering background to make that statement? Jyst what do you mean by AVERAGE? Do you Own a home here?
Bonanza is an expert and now teacher of all subject matter, so one needs to know that before hand.

1. "quality of construction here is just average" based on what? how many houses have you built or had built? are U in the construction field?

2. "upgrades cost thru the nose" totally untrue, they were in fact way lower than expected or charged else ware.

3. Jack asked a good question, do you own a home here?

If you don't U know not what U speak IMO

everyone should use annoying bold in your face fonts don't you all think?

like bold size 4
Old 02-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I made no mention regarding other developers so consequently, I don't know where your question came from.

There is a big difference if you have an upgrade done though the developer or if you do it after market.
So what! If a person can afford it and they want it, why does that make a difference to anyone else? Their money, their upgrades. Upgrading in a Development is a,ways a positive event.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I keep up with the year to date home sales that are posted in the Daily Sun. Yes, home sales are down and yes, prices have gone WAAAY up. Homes in my neighborhood have increase 30% in three years. The prices on new homes are now being discounted. I have notice the number of preowned homes has remained constant while the new home sales are down. It takes 30 days to close on the new home so I am eager to see if sales show an increase in March.

PS. I love TV and am not complaining. I am just citing the trend that I have seen.
I bet the Management is happy to hear that some are spreading the word of a 'Discount". Probably the same folks who enjoy the "Discount" in IZOD? Hurry down, they are having 50-70% discounts today....and tomorrow....and the next day. And for the eight years I have been here. TV has always "discounted" homes, just in different ways. Every one a success story. I received a $25,000 discount in 2007. I have CBS construction, quality from the ground up. Love it.

Hey Bonanza, you never answered the question of whether you own a hone here?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
The slow sales as I see it is, The homes especially court yard villas are
overpriced, I'm gonna get flak but check the prices , I just saw one
cyv for sale for 319 thousand pictures and all , maybe worth 260

I think a lot of people will put a very high price, if they get the over priced sale it pays to sell it, nothing to lose and much more money to gain.
Prices are based on supply and demand. There are less than 5-6 three bedroom CYV Golf Front Villas on the resale market at most times. New ones are priced higher. . They are worth between $1 and $1Million. Not what you or I say but what the market determines. IMO selling my home just to make a profit is a very bad choice. After all it IS my home.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
I bet the Management is happy to hear that some are spreading the word of a 'Discount". Probably the same folks who enjoy the "Discount" in IZOD? Hurry down, they are having 50-70% discounts today....and tomorrow....and the next day. And for the eight years I have been here. TV has always "discounted" homes, just in different ways. Every one a success story. I received a $25,000 discount in 2007. I have CBS construction, quality from the ground up. Love it.

Hey Bonanza, you never answered the question of whether you own a hone here?
Bonanza owns in TV..............Lives in the same zip code as I.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post

I would be interest in seeing how long folks have live in TV when making thier post. I purchased a pre-owned home two years ago and have continued to follow home prices as I am considering purchasing a courtyard villa as a rental unit. Yes the prices have gone up over the past couple of years since I purchased. However, if one does their homework and looks at the Sumter County Tax site, you will see that the home prices are returning to pre housing crash prices. Homes (at least pre-owned) are still lower than pre-2008 levels. I was lucky and purchased right at the bottom of the market. I have a friend who waited a year and ended up paying about 15% more for his courtyard villa.

I think someone has already said something similar somewhere in this thread, if you sell your house in New England and buy a bigger house here in TV for less, you are thrilled! If you sell your big house in northren Wisconsin and buy a smaller house in TV for more you might not be as happy.

Either way, if the purchaser is satifisied with the house they purchased, who gives a rat's @#$ what others think!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:42 AM

I am one of those villagers who will admit they are stuck here. And why is that you ask? I am a golf cart addict. That's right, a golf cart addict. I don't need golf or a thousand clubs. As Sammy Hargar once sang, "I can't drive 55". I only use the car because there is no path to Disney. But I need my golf cart and I'm not leaving until they pry the steering wheel from my dead fingers. Now if I could only figure out how to hang those 1000 watt Kickers off the back without tipping the cart over.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.