Lower Sales

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2015, 06:30 PM

Kleeh- No I didn't mean that, the seller put a very high price on the house, and if somebody buys, then it's worth selling.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeh View Post
Agree with the poster who remarked that the current batch of retirees are more in tune to (in my case) The Eagles, The Who, Chicago, James Taylor, etc and so forth than Lawrence Welk...change the song!

????
Old 02-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
lots of reasons. one is, people that are looking for homes now. Are finding that the prices are just too high for florida. Yes I know that the village is a great place, I live here also. However the village has reached a price point that is simple beyond what the homes are worth. No matter what people think, there is a limit on price.
The only limit is what people are willing to pay.....and so far, folks are willing to pay the price......which means this might result in a different demographic from the past. While this place may become out of reach for some, or those that equate the price of the house with the value , I suspect there will continue to be a market for what is here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Sage

The crux of this argument is reality vs people protecting their investment and validating their choice to buy in The Villages. It is a wonderful, beyond comparison place to be if it floats your boat. I believe some folks would be happy in a teepee if it meant they could live this life style. I think if everyone would be honest we would all admit the houses are over priced - which is why everyone says you are buying a lifestyle. This justifies the decision to pay for an over priced home. But so what - if it's something you can afford and enjoy then it is right for you - if not, it isn't. That's what makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
...I think if everyone would be honest we would all admit the houses are over priced...
Nope.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
I believe some folks would be happy in a teepee if it meant they could live this life style. I think if everyone would be honest we would all admit the houses are over priced - which is why everyone says you are buying a lifestyle. This justifies the decision to pay for an over priced home.
It is the same reason people pay big dollars to live in Manhattan...lifestyle. Same reason Malibu is expensive...lifestyle. That IS the reason people buy; you can't say a lifestyle is overpriced if it is the environment in which someone wants to live.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

One can go through these posts and pick out the folks who do not own a home here.

It is also easy to pick out those who either do not understand the economics/dynamics of real estate.

Overpriced? The first home we ever built in the 70's ws less than $50,000....one acre wooded corner lot......brick ranch...2100 square feet.....3 bedrooms...2 baths.....sold it 4 years later for almost $200,000.

Overpriced? No. Worth it? Of course, why would it not be?

If you don't like the price of the homes now....just wait a few years and see what happens. Of course the prices will be up even more!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
The crux of this argument is reality vs people protecting their investment and validating their choice to buy in The Villages. It is a wonderful, beyond comparison place to be if it floats your boat. I believe some folks would be happy in a teepee if it meant they could live this life style. I think if everyone would be honest we would all admit the houses are over priced - which is why everyone says you are buying a lifestyle. This justifies the decision to pay for an over priced home. But so what - if it's something you can afford and enjoy then it is right for you - if not, it isn't. That's what makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round!
I agree. Its whatever floats your boat. And obviously its right for many of us or we wouldn't be living here. But it would be nice if reality would kick in for some people.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I purchased a new home in The Villages last December, a good friend/ high school classmate purchased one in January and now my brother will own one down the street from me in March. Surely all three of us didn’t make the same mistake? We are all going to have fun no matter what others might say about this cruise ship on land.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 PM
Default Home Price of Zero

While I am living in the home... I would like my home to be priced near Zero... and not have the worry or stress to know what it is worth tomorrow... I only hope it will be market value when I sell or leave this wonderful place! It might sound foolish but you have to admit its the truth in most cases... Well, then again no taxes for the politicians to work with either if my home does not have market value... so there is no way to please me..

Maybe a nice way to close this thread ... We can only please 50% of us on most subjects... I think most us (over 51% are happy we have moved here) I know I am... !!!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
One can go through these posts and pick out the folks who do not own a home here.

It is also easy to pick out those who either do not understand the economics/dynamics of real estate.

Overpriced? The first home we ever built in the 70's ws less than $50,000....one acre wooded corner lot......brick ranch...2100 square feet.....3 bedrooms...2 baths.....sold it 4 years later for almost $200,000.

Overpriced? No. Worth it? Of course, why would it not be?

If you don't like the price of the homes now....just wait a few years and see what happens. Of course the prices will be up even more!

You are right once again.

It is the same people over and over who have an agenda to be negative.
There are some who are realtors who have not been allowed to sell new homes by the builder. Some are those who live outside The Villages and are envious. Some are very involved with certain groups that start with a P that do not get big donations from the Morse family. It is mostly sour grapes.

And some are just not happy here. This place is for people who like to be involved with people. Some are happier in a more secluded area or somewhat distanced from neighbors. Some people have never had rules about deed restrictions and they don't like being told they can't do this or that.

All homes in our village are less than three years old. Our neighbor across the street sold their home last year and made slightly more than $90,000 more than they paid for it. Lots of you know where we live and you can look it up.

There are a lot of homes on the market right now, more than usual, as they gear up to finish. They are building, building, building. They will all sell and then when there are no more being built...well just wait and see.

We have lived here for eight years and they have been the most fun and least stressful time of our lives.

When you have been on the forum as long as Bille and I have you get to know who says what and why.

When you see a negative post, read back on their posts, most of them will be negative. Some people are NEVER happy.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-19-2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife View Post
Clarify please... Do you mean "Formed and Poured" Concrete exterior walls or Block exterior walls?
The villages builds them both ways actually.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 02-19-2015, 05:35 AM
Veteran member

This whole subject reminds me of a group I belong to called Thunderbird Nest. A very popular blog question (poll) there is 'future value of our retros'. But I posted there that 20 years from now who cares, or will even be alive. I said to them 'drive it like you stole it'. We are not negative on The Villages, as we've already rented for later this year. The 800+ homes development that we're currently renting in near Bradenton, Fl is one of dozens around here like it. And ironically, the 'locals' would rather not have renters or at least limit the rentals to a minimum of 6 months....
Old 02-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Although there are things about the Villages I would improve if I had the chance, I don't see where anyone says they are unhappy living here. And I don't know where that misconception arises??? Are there posts somewhere I've missed? When I read back through the posts, most if not everyone living here says they enjoy it, and have compromised or learned to live with the things that are less than desirable. The crux of the matter is that some people are able to admit that the Villages is not perfect. And perhaps they like to point out things to newbies so people can get a balanced view of reality prior to purchase. Simple as that. Saying that The Villages is not perfect doesn't make the lifestyle here unacceptable, nor does it mean people are unhappy. It simply means there are a few things that aren't perfect. Why people have to twist that into some nefarious agenda is really pretty sad. I can only guess some people feel threatened when the truth comes out.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
Although there are things about the Villages I would improve if I had the chance, I don't see where anyone says they are unhappy living here. And I don't know where that misconception arises??? Are there posts somewhere I've missed? When I read back through the posts, most if not everyone living here says they enjoy it, and have compromised or learned to live with the things that are less than desirable. The crux of the matter is that some people are able to admit that the Villages is not perfect. And perhaps they like to point out things to newbies so people can get a balanced view of reality prior to purchase. Simple as that. Saying that The Villages is not perfect doesn't make the lifestyle here unacceptable, nor does it mean people are unhappy. It simply means there are a few things that aren't perfect. Why people have to twist that into some nefarious agenda is really pretty sad. I can only guess some people feel threatened when the truth comes out.
Well said. Whenever you identify some aspect of life on TOTV as less than perfect, you will ALWAYS be attacked. Whether it is about The Villages or the world in general, it comes with the territory as some feel threatened by constructive criticism.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.