Lower Sales

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2015, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
Although there are things about the Villages I would improve if I had the chance, I don't see where anyone says they are unhappy living here. And I don't know where that misconception arises??? Are there posts somewhere I've missed? When I read back through the posts, most if not everyone living here says they enjoy it, and have compromised or learned to live with the things that are less than desirable. The crux of the matter is that some people are able to admit that the Villages is not perfect. And perhaps they like to point out things to newbies so people can get a balanced view of reality prior to purchase. Simple as that. Saying that The Villages is not perfect doesn't make the lifestyle here unacceptable, nor does it mean people are unhappy. It simply means there are a few things that aren't perfect. Why people have to twist that into some nefarious agenda is really pretty sad. I can only guess some people feel threatened when the truth comes out.
Also keep in mind the "some" of the people that do or react as described are the minority representation which always seems to get the attention. Add to that there will always be a number of posts on either side of an issue by folks who are not residents. And an even smaller group of snipers and trolls.
The other 95% of us love it like it is and that it gets better with every year.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I think if everyone would be honest we would all admit the houses are over priced - which is why everyone says you are buying a lifestyle. This justifies the decision to pay for an over priced home.
Nope. Homes in The Villages sell at market value which means they are not "overpriced".
Yes, you can pay less in surrounding areas, but as Shcisamax pointed out:
"you can't say a lifestyle is overpriced if it is the environment in which someone wants to live"

DEFINITION OF MARKET VALUE

The highest price a willing buyer would pay and a willing seller would accept, both being fully informed,
and the property being exposed for sale for a reasonable period of time.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Back to The OP....prices are higher and sales are lower but the sky is not falling! TV is a wonderful place to live and it will continue to prosper at whatever rate and price the market will bear.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Veteran member

The add that is in the paper for resale homes shows in last 12 months new home sales average 210 a month. One year ago this was 250 a month. Resales are also down but not as much. But if you take the dollar value of the new homes sold now, given there are not any new houses below $200,00 any more and more and more $250,000-$300,00, cash flow probably isn't much different. Thus the developer can afford to have a large inventory sitting empty. Eventually they will all sell.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Sage

Each new section of the villages had the golf and the promise of more things to come. There are numerous examples of unique activities in the north end of town. As you head south the lure was a central location and numerous execs surround you and another square with water views. Brownwood was pitched well because it was another new themed square. Walking to a square for breakfast or a some dancing sounds very attractive. So buy close to Brownwood. That's value added in the purchase.

I'm not sure how they are pitching Fruitland Park unless it's "buy now" to own a new house in the last part of the villages. It will be closest to the turnpike. They say location is most important. My fairly new home was up around 15% in less than 2 years but I think it's slipping a little after looking at new home prices.

I'm not complaining. I still can't believe my lifestyle. I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect...just kidding
Old 02-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Veteran member

I would suggest that you look at the following link -The Villages - Quality Pre-Owned Homes, Home Resales. Our pre-owned homes are located throughout The Villages and represent years of popular home styles.

Look at unit 216 and 217 under Neighborhood maps - the main issue is as always LOCATION. The houses that have Lanai's onto Hillsborough are the properties that have not sold, because nobody wants to look out onto traffic. Since all of these are "spec" homes, that has to be having an affect. I think the issue with the prices going up is important also, but WHO CARES, they are still selling a lot of houses every month, and will have them all sold in the next few years.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 02-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I would suggest that you look at the following link -The Villages - Quality Pre-Owned Homes, Home Resales. Our pre-owned homes are located throughout The Villages and represent years of popular home styles.

Look at unit 216 and 217 under Neighborhood maps - the main issue is as always LOCATION. The houses that have Lanai's onto Hillsborough are the properties that have not sold, because nobody wants to look out onto traffic. Since all of these are "spec" homes, that has to be having an affect. I think the issue with the prices going up is important also, but WHO CARES, they are still selling a lot of houses every month, and will have them all sold in the next few years.

Homes looking out onto a street are more desirable than interior lots and are considered premium lots and they cost more. Many people enjoy the privacy of looking out onto a street rather than another home. We originally thought the same about homes on streets but now know many people who love their privacy after nine at night, not much traffic at all.

I was surprised when someone said they didn't want an "end" lot. I think having an "end" lot is very nice. What one person thinks is often perceived differently by others.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisnut View Post
Whenever you identify some aspect of life on TOTV as less than perfect, you will ALWAYS be attacked.
I don't agree that posters are ALWAYS attacked for identifying some aspect of life in TV that is less than perfect.
Disagreement with a comment made by a poster is not necessarily an attack, it's a discussion on an open Forum.
If there is an attack that is personally directed at another member, the Mods will spot it and delete it.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Homes looking out onto a street are more desirable than interior lots and are considered premium lots and they cost more. Many people enjoy the privacy of looking out onto a street rather than another home. We originally thought the same about homes on streets but now know many people who love their privacy after nine at night, not much traffic at all.

I was surprised when someone said they didn't want an "end" lot. I think having an "end" lot is very nice. What one person thinks is often perceived differently by others.
Take a look at the maps showing what has sold and what has not.... It tells a different story. Not a surprise that all the marsh view and most golf view are gone though
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 02-20-2015, 06:32 AM
Veteran member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! If or when we buy in TV I'm not really concerned about the price. It is interesting to me what I've found for pricing here in Florida. For example, simple/small trailer lots in Key Largo on a canal are going for half a million! Back home they go for under 10 grand..maybe. Here in the gated/guarded River Wilderness, we've seen some older (over 10 years) for varying prices. We looked at one that was nearly 4000 sq/ft for $299,000, but another under 2000 sq/ft listed at $366,000. I do know if we buy in TV I'd not want a home with a street out front and other homes on 3 sides...my opinion!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Sage

Every time I see the topic of rentals come up, I have the same knee jerk reaction. Are you an owner? If you have a mortgage , you are a renter- you are renting from your lender !!!

To people who like to put down renters--be honest
Old 02-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
As usual always spot on darling!!

After 9 zero car & cart traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
. The houses that have Lanai's onto Hillsborough are the properties that have not sold, because nobody wants to look out onto traffic. .
Well I think you're wrong about that I have mine on Hillsbrough, the traffic now will not be there in few months when construction completes.

Also that isn't traffic per se

the fact that there are no kissing lanais makes them very desirable.

Moreover, the side without the sidewalk is even better,

Old 02-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Everyone does have their own opinion on a house location. If I had more money, I would have purchased a home across the street to face the beautiful golf course. As I didn’t want a house too close in back, my brother and I purchased two homes that are on Quietwoods Drive and have Warnock to the rear. In retrospect, I should have suggested to my brother that he purchase a home with a great view.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Gold member

The problem with buying on a corner is you do not own the property because of the large easements the villages have.

We looked at so many corner lots just dreaming of the pools, and bird cages that we would build. Only to find out the property line ends at the edge of the home. Look at a plot, seems a shame.

But even though you do not have the use of the land...you still have to water, mow and weed it. They call it maintainable lot.....read any new home for sale add.....very tricky in my opinion......

Totally not fair...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.