Lower Sales

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
The problem with buying on a corner is you do not own the property because of the large easements the villages have.

We looked at so many corner lots just dreaming of the pools, and bird cages that we would build. Only to find out the property line ends at the edge of the home. Look at a plot, seems a shame.

But even though you do not have the use of the land...you still have to water, mow and weed it. They call it maintainable lot.....read any new home for sale add.....very tricky in my opinion......

Totally not fair...
Nope. Have to disagree. They are building a pool out there right now in our side yard..

Have you found a home here yet, KStew?
Old 02-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
The problem with buying on a corner is you do not own the property because of the large easements the villages have.

We looked at so many corner lots just dreaming of the pools, and bird cages that we would build. Only to find out the property line ends at the edge of the home. Look at a plot, seems a shame.

But even though you do not have the use of the land...you still have to water, mow and weed it. They call it maintainable lot.....read any new home for sale add.....very tricky in my opinion......

Totally not fair…

Sorry, but our corner lot has the same size (street) easements as all the other homes on our street(s). Our property lines do not end at the edge of our home. By their nature many corner-lot homes are placed deeper into their lot, leaving most of the expansion area on one side of the home. We have ample room to build on one side of our home.

We throughly enjoy our corner location especially getting to see, and being a part of, all the comings and goings.

I think your opinion that the developer is trying to trick prospective corner-lot buyers can't be supported by fact or practice. It concerns me that other buyers may get the wrong impression of buying in TV when I read some comments that may be just too broadly presented.

I know you looked at many corner lots but just maybe you didn't look at enough.

Keep looking, I'll bet you will find your perfect location in TV.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 02-21-2015, 02:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Nope. Have to disagree. They are building a pool out there right now in our side yard..

Have you found a home here yet, KStew?
I agree our corner lot can be expanded at one side also. Maybe the house you were looking at had already been expanded to the limit
Old 02-21-2015, 08:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I think a corner lot is a personal choice. We have friends who paid a premium for one and they love it. But, I look at it, and to me they have less privacy. Everyone driving or walking by can look right in their windows. Personally I would hate that. They still have neighbors behind them as well. And they're paying to water it, and probably greater taxes. To each his own.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Every time I see the topic of rentals come up, I have the same knee jerk reaction. Are you an owner? If you have a mortgage , you are a renter- you are renting from your lender !!!

To people who like to put down renters--be honest
Absolutely not true. There is a huge difference between owning and renting. Number one, by law, you, not the bank, not the lender own the home. You are responsible for every aspect of it. It the water heater goes, you don't call the lender to have it repaired. When you pay the loan off, the house is yours. Renting is a dead end street. You never own anything and you'll keep paying rent for the rest of your life.

If you sell the house before the loan is paid off, much of what you paid back to the lender is recovered by you. You pay the lender interest but in return you get the appreciation.

Unless you have an arm, your mortgage will stay the same for the length of your loan. Rent can increase every year with a lease and at the whim of the owner without a lease.

A home owner has equity in a home against which he can borrow money. A renter has no such option unless you have a long term lease (100 years or so) on a commercial property.

An owner can opt to rent out his property. A renter cannot unless he gets permission from the owner to sub let.

There are many more differences between renting and owning. In many cases renters don't take as good care of a property as an owner might. The owner has something invested whereas the renter doesn't. A renter can trash a house and walk away. It is in the owners best interest to maintain a property as best they can so as to protect their investment. I'm not saying that all renters trash properties, in fact most don't. But if you own a home and rent it out, you are taking all the risk where the renter takes none.

And, even if true, your point would hold less water here where more people have sold their homes up north and paid cash for their homes. Because of this, I would think that there is a much higher than average, percentage of people who own their homes outright in The Villages, or any retirement community for that matter, than in other parts of the country.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Gold member

here is my lastest interest......proof that you can not use the land, just maintain it....
538 HARLOW LANE... Anchor In Labelle

But I can't get the sales document to copy to this site.......bummer...
Old 02-21-2015, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
here is my lastest interest......proof that you can not use the land, just maintain it.... 538 HARLOW LANE... Anchor In Labelle
It's possible that the property on Harlow Lane is an anomaly.
My neighbors just built a large addition on their corner lot.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
It's possible that the property on Harlow Lane is an anomaly.
My neighbors just built a large addition on their corner lot.
Good thought, but the second attempt we made was the At East, corner of junction/boardroom, not on the market yet but realtor sent us that plot as well. Boundry. end at corner of home.

Also the At Ease off Hillsboro that sold last year. We loved that one till our realtor told us we could not even add a hot tub to all that land. I mean....geeze..

Could be just my luck but we are 0 for 3 attempts...

got out the plot...on the 538 harlow anchor lot is huge...right side of home..20ft easement starting 1 ft off side of garage, then additional 13.5 easement to the road... someone did buy it.....they might be in for a shock, unless they don't care. My first question to the realtor is, bond price, second, show me the plot.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Good thought, but the second attempt we made was the At East, corner of junction/boardroom, not on the market yet but realtor sent us that plot as well. Boundry. end at corner of home.

Also the At Ease off Hillsboro that sold last year. We loved that one till our realtor told us we could not even add a hot tub to all that land. I mean....geeze..

There are a few preowned cottage with pools.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:21 AM

We presently have an At Ease on a corner lot, we love being on the corner so much we just purchased another home on a corner lot. We like the openness of it. We don't care for kissing lanais. Can find a lot that suits everyones needs here.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:

got out the plot...on the 538 harlow anchor lot is huge...right side of home..20ft easement starting 1 ft off side of garage, then additional 13.5 easement to the road... someone did buy it.....they might be in for a shock, unless they don't care. My first question to the realtor is, bond price, second, show me the plot.
This post is a little confusing. You posted earlier in this thread you moved to

the Plantations, which you feel is better than the Villages, because of over

crowding here and you are now renting your Village home. Now your talking

about looking at corner lots so you can build out on the side. I'm not sure

what the purpose of your posts is? I am happy you found what you are

looking for at Plantation.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:32 AM

Almost anything that's priced right sells in less than 60 days.
The only homes that do not sell in The Villages are the ones that are OVERPRiCED.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pno212@aol.com View Post
Almost anything that's priced right sells in less than 60 days.

The only homes that do not sell in The Villages are the ones that are OVERPRiCED.

This pretty much applies everywhere, the Villages are not unique to this.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
This pretty much applies everywhere, the Villages are not unique to this.
In addition to houses, it applies to cars, golf carts, dental floss........
Old 03-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Sage

Our first home sold in 37 hours, the home we bought was on the market for less than a day. Since we sold the first home there have only been a few homes that sold for a higher amount, so we sold at the right time. The house we bought was the model we wanted, a corner lot, golf cart garage, and a street behind, that over looks a pond. What ever we paid was priceless to us.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.