lowering tv avg age ?

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2020, 05:44 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again
Default lowering tv avg age ?

Florida'''s age-restricted The Villages looks to attract younger residents | Fox Business
Old 10-15-2020, 06:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Just adding to the already available Family area's in TV the way I read it!
Old 10-15-2020, 06:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

The article reflects a lack of understanding by the author of how age restricted communities work. The 55 plus standard (80% must be 55 or over) is not regulated by any developer, it is Federal Law.

The areas that are all ages are not age restricted and are not part of TV as we know it, but may share the same zip code, they can even be built by the same developer.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
The article reflects a lack of understanding by the author of how age restricted communities work. The 55 plus standard (80% must be 55 or over) is not regulated by any developer, it is Federal Law.

The areas that are all ages are not age restricted and are not part of TV as we know it, but may share the same zip code, they can even be built by the same developer.
Yep.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Wow, if the developer can lower the average age in TV a little....early twenties would be an ideal age for me to do a 'do-over'

hope the pricing structure will be in increments of 5 years

those darn "developer's kids" huh?...they keep pushing the envelope...first the new fangled way to grow food, then testing out driverless cars, now pushing back our average age....what's next? Time travel?
Old 10-15-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post

It amazes me how many people still don't understand this law. It is not that 80% of the residents must be over the age of 55. The law says that 80% of the homes must be occupied but at least one person over the age of 55.

If you do the math and assuming four people per home on average, it's possible, though highly unlikely, that 80% of the people living here could be under age 55. In fact with so many three bedroom homes, the percentage of residents that must be over age 55 is even lower.

As far as the family areas are concerned, even though they are called The Villages, I don't think that they are technically a part of the same community. Those residents don't have amenities privileges and nor are those neighborhoods golf cart accessible. It seems to me that they are a separate entity owned by the same developer.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Wow, if the developer can lower the average age in TV a little....early twenties would be an ideal age for me to do a 'do-over'

hope the pricing structure will be in increments of 5 years

those darn "developer's kids" huh?...they keep pushing the envelope...first the new fangled way to grow food, then testing out driverless cars, now pushing back our average age....what's next? Time travel?
When the developer is at a point they can change Federal Public Law 104-76, statute 787 report back to us.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

The article was horribly written and is obviously a form of "fake" news trying to incite people. Don't fall for it.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:15 AM

I read the ************* and at least once a week there is an article about a criminal act by a younger person living with their elderly parents in The Villages. They have either been arrested for DUI’s, drugs, larceny, violence, etc. I presume that they are here to take care of their elderly parents, but it seems that they’re just sponging off them and sadly in some cases even attack their parents. This is marketed as an ADULT COMMUNITY, and obviously there are children here who sincerely help and take care of their parents, but allowing more younger people to take up residence in The Villages will not be beneficial to those who came here, bought here and paid for this way of life in our retirement years.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:04 AM
Veteran member

A federal law was written to allow age discrimination, meaning that the district that cools itself a senior community can legally not allow sales to those under 55 or allow those under 55 to live in those communities if less than 80% are under 55 they lose those legal protections. By the way I think you'd have to be an idiot not want those under 55 to live near you. I'm not saying to be in your community but to be near your community after wall where are you going to get a plumber for an electrician then wants to drive 1 hour to visit you? I have to say it's the villages idiocracy of developing contain contiguously and not having pockets of family developments
Old 10-16-2020, 06:23 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
I read the ************* and at least once a week there is an article about a criminal act by a younger person living with their elderly parents in The Villages. They have either been arrested for DUI’s, drugs, larceny, violence, etc. I presume that they are here to take care of their elderly parents, but it seems that they’re just sponging off them and sadly in some cases even attack their parents. This is marketed as an ADULT COMMUNITY, and obviously there are children here who sincerely help and take care of their parents, but allowing more younger people to take up residence in The Villages will not be beneficial to those who came here, bought here and paid for this way of life in our retirement years.
Oh please! Youll see that anywhere in the country. Not just an age festricted community
Old 10-16-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It amazes me how many people still don't understand this law. It is not that 80% of the residents must be over the age of 55. The law says that 80% of the homes must be occupied but at least one person over the age of 55.

If you do the math and assuming four people per home on average, it's possible, though highly unlikely, that 80% of the people living here could be under age 55. In fact with so many three bedroom homes, the percentage of residents that must be over age 55 is even lower.

As far as the family areas are concerned, even though they are called The Villages, I don't think that they are technically a part of the same community. Those residents don't have amenities privileges and nor are those neighborhoods golf cart accessible. It seems to me that they are a separate entity owned by the same developer.
Why would you assume an average of 4 people per household, it is more likely under 2 as an average since it is normally a couple or 1 single person occupying a home here.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:18 AM

lol
Old 10-16-2020, 07:52 AM

They are a part of the Villages, but as it clearly states in the article, they have their own amenities. They are a part of the Villages. This means children living there have the right to attend the Villages Charter Schools, no different than the family Villages already a part of the Villages. It doesn't effect our amenities at all, but does make it more attractive to doctors and othes so we get top professionals moving here. If you check out the prices of the family Villages already here the never ones have very pricey homes and are beautifully maintained.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Definition of "younger"?
Many residents here have "younger" children that are in their 60's and older.
Closed Thread

Tags
lowering, avg, age

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.