lowering tv avg age ?

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2020, 08:03 AM
Gold member

Yes, it is Federal Law that prescribes the age requirements. But I've always wondered how resales are accounted for under the law. Does The Villages keep count of resales and the age of all resale buyers? I doubt it.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:05 AM
Default Lowering the average age in the Villages

Unfortunately the ageing process seems to accomplish the same thing. Ultimately, we do lower the average age in the Villages whether we want to or not.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:42 AM

"If you do the math and assuming four people per home " I do not know of any home around me that has 4 person living in them. We should be doing the math using the wrong numbers.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Well I agree somewhat, if TV don’t go under the age 45 to 50. Personally I think that’s way TV have been able to keep things so nice. Believe me I’ve seen some residents grandchildren in the Rec centers without parents & supervision & supposed to be shooting pool, no pool cues just pushing balls as hard as they can around the pool table & thinking they’re pro pool players & when they miss a shot they couldn’t possible make, bang the pool sticks against the pool table. So 45 yrs. old would be the youngest. But personally the age is perfect the way it is. Maybe if you want younger people to live here buy a house in Wildwood or Leesburg & visit TV! Morse’s have a perfect retirement community & would hate to see it ruined, because once they’re here they play hell to change it back. Just my opinion!
Old 10-16-2020, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Please talking about the children probably living with parents could be 60 have many of you forgot this is adult community. At 82 and having moved through 5 homes and now in Fenney, each neighborhood had younger people living in it , now out in Fenney they are much younger many in , 50’sand early 60’S also quite a few still working including at least 3 airline pilots I’ve met Yes this is adult community but not everybody is old or feels old, one of the many things that I like about the Southern end is the younger adult homeowners
Old 10-16-2020, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Yes, it is Federal Law that prescribes the age requirements. But I've always wondered how resales are accounted for under the law. Does The Villages keep count of resales and the age of all resale buyers? I doubt it.
Under Federal law the developer is REQUIRED to keep records to show that The Villages has at least 80% of over 55 years old living here. If The Villages had LESS than 80% of residents over 55 yrs old then we could NOT be considered a retirement community.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Most likely track ages/residence when residents fill out the paperwork for their resident IDs.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It amazes me how many people still don't understand this law. It is not that 80% of the residents must be over the age of 55. The law says that 80% of the homes must be occupied but at least one person over the age of 55.

If you do the math and assuming four people per home on average, it's possible, though highly unlikely, that 80% of the people living here could be under age 55. In fact with so many three bedroom homes, the percentage of residents that must be over age 55 is even lower.

As far as the family areas are concerned, even though they are called The Villages, I don't think that they are technically a part of the same community. Those residents don't have amenities privileges and nor are those neighborhoods golf cart accessible. It seems to me that they are a separate entity owned by the same developer.
I diubt that the average home in The Villages has 4 people, I would bet it is less then 2.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:36 AM

I am from patchogue as well. Got here xmass day
Old 10-16-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
The Villages keeps track of all residents' ages via the ID card system.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:10 AM

I guess I'm a skeptic. I view these kids as unable to make a way for themselves. MOMMIE DEARAST I NEED A PLACE TO STAY. I LOST MY JOB BECAUSE I GOT A DUI AND CANT PAY RENT. CAN I MOVE IN FOREVER?
Old 10-16-2020, 03:59 PM

When we bought our house last year, I checked in with the development office, to inquire if my husband and I both die before our children are 55, can they inherit the hous, or would they have to sell it. I was told that they don't have to sell it. Also, they wouldn't be able to live in it once they turn 55, if any of their children are still at home (If they are away at college and only come home for visits, that would be considered ok. So if they choose to keep it and rent it out, they would be allowed to come done 2x a year, for a maximum of 30 days, to handle maintainance, upkeep, etc
Old 10-16-2020, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

I don't think there's any reason why the Developer would HAVE to maintain this as a 55+ restricted community. As far as I understand, they only have to abide by the 80% rule IF they want it to continue to be a 55+ restricted community. If they don't care who lives in it anymore, they could just - not advertise it as a 55+ community anymore, and lose whatever benefits they get for having the 55+ community.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I don't think there's any reason why the Developer would HAVE to maintain this as a 55+ restricted community. As far as I understand, they only have to abide by the 80% rule IF they want it to continue to be a 55+ restricted community. If they don't care who lives in it anymore, they could just - not advertise it as a 55+ community anymore, and lose whatever benefits they get for having the 55+ community.
Whatever benefits the developer gets is BECAUSE this place is extremely successful by any measure.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-16-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:57 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The developer would be sued for breach of contract and would be subject to damages if he failed to continue the 80/20 rule and not advertise as an 55+ community. Source is sapling.com

I think the developer can change the undeveloped land south of 44 to family if not yet advertised as 55+. But then when a certain percentage of the 55+ homes were sold he would have to turn over control to the residents, something he might not want to do. GoldwingNut is the expert in these matters but I’m pretty sure I’m correct.

Last edited by John41; 10-16-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
lowering, avg, age

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.