ID:	356   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	June 15, 2011 025.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	357  
Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Sage

GaDawg,
Thanks for all the photos. I love how they build a whole street of houses at once. TV has it down to a science.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
GaDawg,
Thanks for all the photos. I love how they build a whole street of houses at once. TV has it down to a science.
My words after what I experienced this past week: They are a well-oiled machine. I picked out a whole house....inside and out...in 5 hours. Yes, it was a bit stressful but they made it fun and I can't imagine a builder making it any easier.

I went through the same process 5 years ago here up north and it took forever. TV....yep, they are a well-oiled machine!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
My words after what I experienced this past week: They are a well-oiled machine. I picked out a whole house....inside and out...in 5 hours. Yes, it was a bit stressful but they made it fun and I can't imagine a builder making it any easier.

I went through the same process 5 years ago here up north and it took forever. TV....yep, they are a well-oiled machine!
Hi Swimdawg, the entire process took us 6 hours, and the design person was great. Could not think of any way it could have been easier. These folks do make you think they have built a few houses in the past!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:31 AM

When you meet with the design team does that mean you go out to the model homes and look at different options or do you sit in their office and look at samples? Trying to figure all this out before we come down next month. Our lot is #141 on Alwick Way - Jim and Patti.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmajer View Post
When you meet with the design team does that mean you go out to the model homes and look at different options or do you sit in their office and look at samples? Trying to figure all this out before we come down next month. Our lot is #141 on Alwick Way - Jim and Patti.
We just did this a few weeks ago. They just opened the new model center so I don't know if they changed any of the process, but this is how it worked for us.

The model homes are all built in one area. Some packages are selected from binder or samples. But, then you can go to the model home and see how it looks in the home. For example, the flooring (carpet/tile) package is on sample boards, if you find a few you like you can go to the model home they're in and see how it looks. The interior packages are in a binder, but again you can go to the models to see how they actually look. The cabinets were different in that the sample had a given color, but, you really have to look at the different model homes to see the cabinet design. We selected some colors/wood type we liked then looked at the models they were in to see if we liked the design.
You select the exterior package (siding color/lights) by driving or walking by the models & saying I like this one, no I like that one, let's go back to other one and see it again.
Unless money is no object, you may want to ask the price of a given package before falling in love with it.
There isn't a design team that I'm aware of. Our sales agent took us through the process, she showed a lot of patience with us during this process. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:56 PM

Thanks so much. Your response helped a lot. We are looking forward to ordering our home.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.