LSL eye sores...

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
OK, I'll "bite". OP, welcome to the Villages version of Disney World Imagineering. Sit down, take a deep breath, and listen carefully: The dock and sunken boat are FAKE! Actually, so is Lake Sumter as it's man made.
I think lake Sumter was lowlands named Cherry lake, before the bulldozers when to work on it many years ago?
Old 09-23-2017, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I think lake Sumter was lowlands named Cherry lake, before the bulldozers when to work on it many years ago?
I think you may have answered part of my question from another thread I started about the creation of Lake Sumter.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
She must be jesting! I sailed that wee ship into that very dock one dark night when the light at the "Light House" was not working. I though I was surely was going to die. The only thing that happened was the ships wheel was impaled in me crouch. Well, when I staggered over to City Fire for another pint of rum, one of the wenches at the outdoor bar asked "that must hurt!" "Arrrggghhh" I replied, "It's driving me nuts!"
Old 09-23-2017, 04:29 PM

Gators are a problem but it's the Sharks hiding in the wreck that scare me.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't think people appreciate our lighthouse enough. No one ever mentions how much good it does, and how many large vessels would run into each other without it.
Oh, yes indeed.. I often lay awake on those chilly heavy fog laden days and nights, listening to the forlorn LSL lighthouse fog horn..So reassuring, lonely, yet mysterious deep throated soundings, far off in the distance..Warning to those of the dangerous perils, of the treacherous Lake Sumter crossings...

Last edited by Villagevip; 09-24-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
boat, pier, lake, spot, fishing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.