LSL tonight if you love the blues!

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Veteran member
Default LSL tonight if you love the blues!

If you love the blues, come out and see Beautiful Bobby Blackmon and the 3 B's band tonight at Lake Sumter Landing!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
If you love the blues, come out and see Beautiful Bobby Blackmon and the 3 B's band tonight at Lake Sumter Landing!
Wow, Ceejay, thanks for the info. I love Bobby Blackmon... didn't know he plays at the squares... I'll definitely will tryto be there if it doesn't rain.

If you like the Blues, every Tues and Friday nights at McCalls there are blues bands performing. McCalls is the restaurant connected with the bowling alley around the corner from Katie Belle's. Tues is a jamming session and Friday is a performance by a local blues group. Great dancing too.

BTW, I'm thinking of starting a Blues Club in TV... do you think there would be some interest by villagers?? We would charge a minimal yearly membership and would have shows at the rec centers with great blues bands. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Thanks for the tip. We hadn't planned on going out but we do love a good blues band. This band was great. One of the most professional sounding bands we've seen on the squares. Weather also cooperated, 80 degrees and overcast. Hope they come back soon. They're not on the July calender.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Default Count me in!

We would love to join a Blues Club!

From Liberty, MO
Old 06-26-2011, 12:53 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachnmo View Post
We would love to join a Blues Club!
Same here
Old 06-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
Thanks for the tip. We hadn't planned on going out but we do love a good blues band. This band was great. One of the most professional sounding bands we've seen on the squares. Weather also cooperated, 80 degrees and overcast. Hope they come back soon. They're not on the July calender.
Hi Logdog...glad you took my advice!

There's another thread going on right now about the band and how much everyone enjoyed them.

If you want to see them come back, call the entertainment center and tell them how much you loved them!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Wow, Ceejay, thanks for the info. I love Bobby Blackmon... didn't know he plays at the squares... I'll definitely will tryto be there if it doesn't rain.

If you like the Blues, every Tues and Friday nights at McCalls there are blues bands performing. McCalls is the restaurant connected with the bowling alley around the corner from Katie Belle's. Tues is a jamming session and Friday is a performance by a local blues group. Great dancing too.

BTW, I'm thinking of starting a Blues Club in TV... do you think there would be some interest by villagers?? We would charge a minimal yearly membership and would have shows at the rec centers with great blues bands. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Kathie
Yes! Yes! Yes! Count me in. If you can figure out a way to serve beer and barbecue while I am listening to some blues it would be perfect!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
Yes! Yes! Yes! Count me in. If you can figure out a way to serve beer and barbecue while I am listening to some blues it would be perfect!
Great idea. Beer, Barbecue, Blues, Beautiful Bobby Blackmon & B3 Band.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 06-26-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: comment added
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.