LSL Traffic Backup

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Sage
Default LSL Traffic Backup

This afternoon about 1:00 or so, I was heading north on Morse. There was a large southbound backup at the LSL roundabout. It extended up fairly near to 466. I didn't see any sign of an accident. And it was a bit too early I believe to attribute it to Mardi Gras.

Any idea what might have caused it? Just curious. (Or might it have been just one of those things, a simple anomaly?)
Old 02-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

Accident in the roundabout. Looked like a fender bender.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post

And...what did I just say about you don't hear about accidents in the roundabout.??

See how dumb I am, Walter????
Old 02-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
And...what did I just say about you don't hear about accidents in the roundabout.??

See how dumb I am, Walter????

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Sage

Yea, I passed it heading north to De La Vista. Is that what it's like up there in the North Pole?
Old 02-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
Uh-oh. I did NOT mean to re-open a can of worms!!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Gold member

people coming out of LSL are always cutting in front of roundabout traffic there.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Sage

It happened to me today for the first time. I got cut off and had to cross the yellow lines and go around the circle again. The lady never saw me to her left. But in all fairness it is a little smart car.
I may have been a little north or south of sumter.
nice worms
Old 02-10-2015, 08:09 PM

Happened to me twice today at the same spot. I'm going south on Morse cars just pulling out from LSL without stopping for cars already in the roundabout. Both times I was in the right lane with a car about one car length behind me in the left lane. These cars just came right out going very slow, I slammed on my brakes and got on the horn but they kept coming into the roundabout. Both times the cars to my left just missed t boning them by about 2 feet. The strange thing is they just kept going through the roundabout and north on Morse as if nothing had happened. totally oblivious!

I have lived here for 11 yrs. and this is the worst driving conditions I have seen.
I could post these stories almost every day.

Stay safe out ther.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

If you had lived in Boston you would have no problem in roundabouts (Called Rotaries).

You shouldn't go blasting through blowing your horn. Expect that someone may nose in and give them a break (Brake). Think of it as your good deed for the day.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Sage

Is it like that all day? People aren't going to and from work, maybe contractors are. I was thinking how many cities have rush hours.

My son lives in Palo Alto. That area can be a rush hour nightmare.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
If you had lived in Boston you would have no problem in roundabouts (Called Rotaries).

You shouldn't go blasting through blowing your horn. Expect that someone may nose in and give them a break (Brake). Think of it as your good deed for the day.
First of all how do you know where i have lived. Second I was not blasting through blowing my horn I was going 25 MPH and he did not nose in but pulled right into the roundabout causing me to have to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting him. My good deed for the day was blowing my horn which alerted the car in the left giving him a chance to stop as I said only about 2 ft from t boning him.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Lightbulb

I'll NEVER be able why it's ok to turn right from a LH lane
Old 02-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salferg View Post
I'll NEVER be able why it's ok to turn right from a LH lane
Because they're not turning right. The left lane is making a left turn, they have traveled either half way or 3/4 of the way around the cirlcle and now are existing. You on the otherhand are traveling in the right lane and are exiting at the first or second turn only. Imagine a 4 way stop. Two lane roads on each sides. You're wanting to make a left turn, wouldn't you be in the left lane to execute your left turn. Going around the circle in the outside lane to the third exit is an illegal left turn. Think about it when the cop gives you a ticket.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
KittyKat

If you are going straight through a roundabout, even though you are going 1/2 way around the circle, there is no need to put your turn signal on. A car entering in the left or right lane and continuing in the same direction as when they entered, is going STRAIGHT. I see people putting on their turn signal which totally confuses me. e.g. If I am in the right lane and you are in the left lane at the same time, if you put your right turn signal on before we exit, I think that you are coming into MY lane. It is assumed that you are going straight through the roundabout unless you exit at the 1st exit from the right lane or the 3rd exit from the left lane.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.