LSV golf carts on main roads

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Default LSV golf carts on main roads

Last week I was driving up Morse in my Camry when I happened upon an LSV street legal golf cart in the street instead of the golf cart lane. When we stopped at the 466 red light, I was next to him so I kindly and sweetly suggested that although it may be LEGAL to drive in the car designated lane, it was not necessarily SAFE, my reasoning being that LSV golf carts are not supposed to go faster than 25 mph, but cars can go 30 mph and often take for granted that is ok to travel up to 10 mph above the posted speed limit. He has a golf cart lane to choose right next to where He was traveling, but his choice slowed down numerous cars so he could travel slightly faster and get to his destination sooner. He was actually very nice with his reply and we wished each other a nice day and went on our way.

Then last week I read here on TOTV that a golf car was hit traveling in the golf cart lane by a car making a right turn from Morse onto San Marino. Now I realize I was wrong!

So I would like to apologize to the police officer from Staton Island. It is NOT safer to drive in the golf cart lane, it would be safer for all vehicles to travel in the same lane. I am actually thinking the safest way to travel here in our wonderful golf cart community is to lower the speed limit to 20 mph on all roads that do not have a separate multi modal path. Especially Morse north of 466. And, most important, enforce the speed limit at 20 mph for all vehicles, cars, LSV, bicycles, etc.

If you really need to get somewhere faster, use the roads that have a multi modal path. The most important thing is that we ALL get to where we are going safely so we can enjoy our life here in TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.