Lt. Dan Band Lake Sumter Oct 27th

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2019, 06:52 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Lt. Dan Band Lake Sumter Oct 27th

My understanding is that Gary Sinise is treating this event as if it was taking place at a military installation. NO or very little cost to us. He was so impressed by the VVA color guard and everyone he met here this past winter that he wanted to return with his band. He couldn’t believe how many veterans we have living in The Villages.

He is the man. I can’t wait to see him and his band this October at Lake Sumter.

Lt. Dan Band | Honor. Gratitude. Rock & Roll
Old 06-27-2019, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
My understanding is that Gary Sinise is treating this event as if it was taking place at a military installation. NO or very little cost to us. He was so impressed by the VVA color guard and everyone he met here this past winter that he wanted to return with his band. He couldn’t believe how many veterans we have living in The Villages.

He is the man. I can’t wait to see him and his band this October at Lake Sumter.

That is really cool.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:43 AM

Thanks for posting - We will be there!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:

As you know, he is a participant at Oshkosh, both with and without the band. A true friend of the Veterans and a true patriot. In addition, he makes several trips a year to visit our soldiers in theater without publicity. His late uncle was a crew member on a B17 in WWII.

Will you be in Oshkosh this year?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-27-2019, 11:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

LOVE Gary - a TRUE Patriot...

BTW if you have Netflix, he is in a new Netflix movie, very worthy of a view>

SGT. Will Gardner
2019TV-MA 2h 5mDramas

A homeless vet who has PTSD steals a motorcycle and hits the road, trying to sort out what life means now that war is in the rear-view mirror.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:37 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
As you know, he is a participant at Oshkosh, both with and without the band. A true friend of the Veterans and a true patriot. In addition, he makes several trips a year to visit our soldiers in theater without publicity. His late uncle was a crew member on a B17 in WWII.

Will you be in Oshkosh this year?
I will be at EAA Oshkosh for the first three days staying with Ohio friends in a air conditioned dorm room.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Sage

If it's in Lake Sumter Landing it should be free since I can't imagine how they would control entry and tickets. Nothing on their web site except they will be in The Villages.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
If it's in Lake Sumter Landing it should be free since I can't imagine how they would control entry and tickets. Nothing on their web site except they will be in The Villages.
I believe it will be a free event. A Huey and Cobra gun ship may fly over the lake for all to see. It will be a huge event!
Old 06-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
I will be at EAA Oshkosh for the first three days staying with Ohio friends in a air conditioned dorm room.
No booth this year I guess so you can enjoy the show

Old 06-28-2019, 08:35 PM
Platinum member

If the “powers to be” were halfway smart, this event would be held at the Polo Fields. LSL is not big enough to hold all the people that would show up for a free concert.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
If the “powers to be” were halfway smart, this event would be held at the Polo Fields. LSL is not big enough to hold all the people that would show up for a free concert.
That is true. They will probably issue tickets of some kind even though it is free. That has been done before. I had four tickets to a certain event in 2008 but only got them for souvenirs. Political thing with a certain Alaskan, her husband and kids.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
As the Villages population increases, it does seem to be getting harder to find a location that can adequately handle a huge crowd. The polo field has issues with parking and car traffic that can be addressed by off-site parking. However, that costs more and creates other issues.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 06-29-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Isn't Oct 27th Polo season? The venue hasn't been announced so will just to wait and see.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

n/m
Closed Thread

Tags
band, sumter, lake, october, wanted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.