Lucky's Grocery coming to Magnolia Plaza?

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Default Lucky's

I shopped at my local Lucky's today and can say without a doubt no comparison to a Publix. Lucky's is fine for a few items
Old 04-27-2019, 07:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
I shopped at my local Lucky's today and can say without a doubt no comparison to a Publix. Lucky's is fine for a few items
Curious as to the differences - have never shopped there but am interested in your experience.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppa View Post
Don't you love rumors? Heard a good one at the pool... from a "reliable" source...
For all you Southern Oaks (South of 44) Pioneers!....
A Lucky's Grocery Store is coming to Magnolia Plaza (next to Everglades Regional Recreation Center!)
<snip>
Maybe the source at the pool got the location wrong.

Maybe Lucky's is the "mystery grocery store" which will be built in Trailwinds Village.

The plans to build a grocery store there have been announced. For some unknown reason, the grocer has not yet been publicly identified - very unusual.

Now, I have seen the plans and Publix is clearly shown on them ... but, but, but maybe it's a clever deception!?!

Queue the black helicopter!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Believe me I love steak as much as anyone, but I find the term 'humanely-treated meat' a bit of an oxymoron.
Does it mean the animals volunteer to be slaughtered?

Making reference to "humanely-treated meat," I'm sure they aren't referring to steak but rather something like veal.

Do you know what they do to calves so the public can have veal?
Okay -- I'll tell you . . .

The calves are taken away from their mother at about 3-weeks old. They are placed in a pen where they are not able to move so that they do not gain any muscle tone. And with it all, they live that way in complete darkness until they go to slaughter.

Hungry?
Old 04-28-2019, 04:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Making reference to "humanely-treated meat," I'm sure they aren't referring to steak but rather something like veal.

The calves are taken away from their mother at about 3-weeks old. They are placed in a pen where they are not able to move so that they do not gain any muscle tone. And with it all, they live that way in complete darkness until they go to slaughter.

Hungry?
Visited a Dutch veal farm many moons ago, and have never eaten veal.
I you thik that is bad look up how Pate Foie Gras is produced.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Veteran member

For a second there I thought you were referring to Lucky Supermarkets, a chain in Northern California that is not high end, but tends to be known for sticky stores where you need to check expiration dates before buying.

Lucky’s, based in Colorado, sounds much better.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Visited a Dutch veal farm many moons ago, and have never eaten veal.

I you thik that is bad look up how Pate Foie Gras is produced.
Won't eat veal since I found out what the calf is subjected to. Never even thought about Pate Fois Gras since it was a $25 appetizer. Looked it up now and wouldn't eat it for free.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post

Hungry?
Totally wrong! Fake! First, veal calfs are dairy calfs. All calfs born to dairy cows are taken away after birth and never left to nurse, otherwise, the mother would not take to a milking machine. All milk is given to the calf by bottle. Calfs are in a pin with plenty of room, sunlight and ventalation. They also have access to a field, weather permitting. Just memember, farmers love their animals. I don't know where you get your information but it is wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
coming, luckys, lucky, plaza, grocery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.