Luxury vinyl flooring in entire home........

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think that vinyl plank is a good way to go. But, I especially like the idea of having the same flooring material throughout the house. In my opinion, a house with the same flooring in every room is more attractive and has more resale value.
I agree. But if the bathrooms are still ceramic tile, it's fine by me...

We passed on several homes that had tile or LVP in the living areas, but cheap builders grade carpet in the bedrooms...

Or those that had tile in the kitchen and a transition to LPV or some other solid surface flooring) in the living room/dining room areas...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-03-2022, 05:03 PM

LVP does work well but there are two main factors to determine if it will turn out well. We built our home here and put down LVP. The original flooring began to curl at the edges in various places. It was a year long process of getting them to replace different sections with the end result of the flooring continuing to curl up on the edges in various places. We finally told the contractor (Great Lakes) we wanted a new floor. They agreed and we chose a different type that didn’t have the cork backing. I believe the flooring was placed down before the concrete floor fully cured and the cork took on water and then the planks curled at the edges.

When the old flooring was pulled up it was obvious the concrete foundation had uneven and chipped areas. The new installer smoothed out the floor and did some type of scraping to the floor. So the two main factors are a good installer and a smooth clean concrete floor. I have also heard that LVP can be put over tile but only if the grout lines are not too big.

The floor we have looks great and it is easy to take care of and no problems with the new floor.
Closed Thread

Tags
flooring, vinyl, luxury, baseboards, entire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.