trolley schedule

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Default trolley schedule

I will visiting TV on Mon. Feb.4th. Is there someway for me to find out what the trolley schedule is for that day. Never having been there before can someone tell me what exactly is the Trolley. Everyone recommends that being the first thing we do so we have #1 on our schedule. Is the mercantile store at Sumter landing because the second thing we must do is buy a map.
thanks
doug
Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: trolley schedule

The trollys, one from each town center, leaves every 45 minutes from both SS and LSL sales offices. Just a short round trip guided tour of TV and a Q&A session. The Mercantile store is in LSL.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:49 PM

Thanks, first thing we will do is take a trolley ride. Appreciate your help.
doug
Old 01-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Gold member

Maps are available at the sales centers as well. The full detail map is $5.00 and the sales centers have a free map which shows points of interst and the main roads as well as store locations.

For just driving around The Villages on a one day visit the free map showing the main roads is perhaps the best and easiest to use. If you like what you see the more detailed map will help more after you leave and are reading TOV and want to know where a specific thing is.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

trolley leaves at 9am, but be early, they were leaving about 8:50 when we got there and had to insist that we be boarded cuz they were closing the door
Old 01-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Talked to my neighbor. She says the trolleys run every 30 minutes -- on the hour from LSL and on the half hour from SS. She says you need to get there about 15 minutes early to fill out a card (a requirement for anyone taking the trolley ride.

Hope this helps. If you need more info, shout out and I'll see what else she can tell me.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Platinum member

They used to let you make a reservation. Nothing worse than showing up with 4-6 people only to find there's no room left and you've got to hang around for another hour.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I asked her about reservations and she said, no. Seems like the trolley can hold quite a few, so why would they limit it to just 6 people?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Platinum member

The trolley holds about 16 people but you show up with six people and there's two seats available. They probably stopped reservations because the interest isn't quite what it was in 2004-05!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.