Magical Heirlooms

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Magical Heirlooms

I just made a post on another thread that reminded me of something. Famous people we met thread, and for me it some of it was about baseball. I kept my glove since I was a kid and my youngest son used it when he played Little League. It's his now. But, sometimes I'd pick it up, smell that leather smell that only a baseball glove seems to have and it always transported me to a place where I'd hear the crack of a bat and somebody yelling "I got it!" Simple things like that have such powerful magic. I'm glad I passed that glove on.....that magic'll still be there for my son to enjoy.....maybe his son too. What have you all passed on....with that kind of magic?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator
Default Re: Magical Heirlooms

I remember the old first baseman's mit. I still have it. It takes me back to Junior American Legion ball, calling for the fly ball, losing it in the sun and getting knocked out cold when it hit me in the forehead. The second baseman caught it on the bounce of of my forehead.

I cannot go to a class reunion without somebody, many people, still retelling it and rolling with laughter. And each time it is retold every five or ten years, I was out cold longer each time. I now don't have any idea how long I was out.
:redface:
Old 08-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Magical Heirlooms

Annnnnnd the ball was still in play for a out well earned. Would have been better if there was a runner on first that was tagged at second for a double. But this is still darn good. Thanks for sharing.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.