Magnolia Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2019, 10:38 AM
Default Magnolia Plaza

Does anyone know what the status of the Magnolia Plaza construction is? Seems like there has been no activity there for weeks.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Sage

Nobody knows. It's already being discussed here: The Shopping Desert South of 44
Old 12-28-2019, 05:15 PM

Thank you for the link. Very helpful. We recently moved into Linden Village and just joined TOTV.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:51 AM

Yah ! Seems like the Villages miss lead us about or lie to us about a lot of things ........................................
Old 12-30-2019, 10:15 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeennyy View Post
Yah ! Seems like the Villages miss lead us about or lie to us about a lot of things ........................................
Please clarify what you mean by "the Villages" mislead you or lied to you? What exactly did "the Villages" tell you? Everything we were told by our agent, Beth Pope, has been completed plus a lot more with the exception of the Plaza and I'm sure there is a reason that they stopped working there.

Last edited by vintageogauge; 12-30-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMONTALVO View Post
Thank you for the link. Very helpful. We recently moved into Linden Village and just joined TOTV.
Welcome~! always happy to meet a neighbor nearby. don't mind the nay-sayers, you'll love it here
Old 12-31-2019, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Please clarify what you mean by "the Villages" mislead you or lied to you? What exactly did "the Villages" tell you? Everything we were told by our agent, Beth Pope, has been completed plus a lot more with the exception of the Plaza and I'm sure there is a reason that they stopped working there.
Beth helped us too, i can't say enough about how much she went out on a limb for us. God bless her, she made things all that much easier & was wonderful to work with
Old 12-31-2019, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Or you heard what you wanted to hear? There is no upside to mislead and if you think they did you should be having a conversation with Jennifer Paar.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-01-2020, 02:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Buyers remorse is hard to deal with. Hopefully your retirement in your new home will improve. If not moving to a more established area, may help you enjoy life. Your posts are so negative, I hope you meet new people that can adapt to your new life here
Old 01-01-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage

Asking questions such as this on social media won't give you the information you're looking for. The commerce places come in after the homes and it takes time to happen. Patience is the key! We moved here 10 yrs ago and there was NOTHING south of 466a--no houses, no Brownwood, nada. Colony was somewhat quiet, but now look at it. Three years ago Neighborhood Walmart was just being built. Look at Trailwinds...it's going like gang-busters. Soon 44 will be another place of commerce and it won't be long til you get what you feel was promised.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMONTALVO View Post
Does anyone know what the status of the Magnolia Plaza construction is? Seems like there has been no activity there for weeks.
There was a rumor that Publix was not going to build a store in Magnolia Plaza, but here is a recent email from Publix.

Good morning,

This email is in response to your recent inquiry regarding a proposed Publix in Magnolia Plaza and Trailwinds Shopping Center in Sumter County. I can now confirm that we have a signed lease for Magnolia Plaza. The construction for Magnolia Plaza is projected to begin in late spring of 2020, in “perfect world” conditions, it takes approximately 9 months to build a Publix from the ground up. Construction on Trailwinds Village has started and is projected to be complete in the fall of 2020. The sites are being developed by two different developers.

For more new store information, please be sure to check our website by following the link provided: New Store Openings | Newsroom | About Publix | Publix Super Markets

We highly value comments from our customers and I would like to thank you for taking time to express your interest in seeing a Publix in your area and hope to see you at both openings. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further comments or questions.

Thank you,
Paula Cameron
Publix Real Estate Department
Assistant to Jon Adams and Sarah Wright
(863) 688-7407 ext 52621
paula.cameron@publix.com
Old 01-01-2020, 11:37 AM

Getting back to the question of Magnolia Plaza. I read an informative posting from another homeowner living down "South". He was able to offer some definitive information.
Magnolia Plaza Publix
When I first started looking for a home in the Fenney area in 2017 I was assured that Magnolia plaza was coming within the next year 2018. Well as we all see there are now 6 villages built around the 501 and 470 area. Fenney Desoto,McClure,Linden,Monarch Grove,Marsh Bend, and three more villages being build now DeLuna,Bradford and yes everyones favorite Chitty Chatty.The reps in the everglades sales office say yes publix will be open in the spring of 2020. Since the villages employees do not give accurate time lines on new development I Reached out to the publix real estate dept to find out if is still going to happen and got this response below. Maybe By the time its built and open we will be ringing in 2021.

Here is the response from Publix Real Estate Department:

Good morning,

This email is in response to your recent inquiry regarding a proposed Publix in Magnolia Plaza and Trailwinds Shopping Center in Sumter County. I can now confirm that we have a signed lease for Magnolia Plaza. The construction for Magnolia Plaza is projected to begin in late spring of 2020, in “perfect world” conditions, it takes approximately 9 months to build a Publix from the ground up. Construction on Trailwinds Village has started and is projected to be complete in the fall of 2020. The sites are being developed by two different developers.

For more new store information, please be sure to check our website by following the link provided: New Store Openings | Newsroom | About Publix | Publix Super Markets

We highly value comments from our customers and I would like to thank you for taking time to express your interest in seeing a Publix in your area and hope to see you at both openings. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further comments or questions.

Thank you,
Paula Cameron
Publix Real Estate Department
Assistant to Jon Adams and Sarah Wright
(863) 688-7407 ext 52621
paula.cameron@publix.com

New Store Openings | Newsroom | About Publix | Publix Super Markets
New Publix stores are opening all the time. Learn about new Publix store and pharmacy locations, opening dates, square footage, and store details.

CORPORATE.PUBLIX.COM
Old 01-05-2020, 09:38 AM

We was told by our real estate agt , and 2 or 3 others that the Bridge would be done in Jan 2020 and that the plaza should be completed by summer 2020.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I would imagine that The Villages planned for the shopping center and bridges to be completed as announced, but you know what, sometimes things don't go as planned. Lighten up, this isn't a life or death situation, but if it is maybe you should have purchased a bit further north.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
We was told by our real estate agt , and 2 or 3 others that the Bridge would be done in Jan 2020 and that the plaza should be completed by summer 2020.
The bridges are done and before 2020. So your agent was correct. One is in place, one ready to be placed. Since there’s still construction going on I won’t want to be driving a cart until homes are established.

Tags
magnolia, plaza, activity, construction, status

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.