Finally a refreshing Summer morning

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Gold member
Default Finally a refreshing Summer morning

After two months of relentlessly hot days with heat index values above 100, we finally got a pleasant break today. This morning it was only 71 and not humid when I stepped out onto the patio. I couldn’t wait to go out in my cart and enjoy some fresh air. Tooled over to FirstWatch for a delightful brunch.

By 1:00 the heat index was only around 83. Things are looking up down here weather wise.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
After two months of relentlessly hot days with heat index values above 100, we finally got a pleasant break today. This morning it was only 71 and not humid when I stepped out onto the patio. I couldn’t wait to go out in my cart and enjoy some fresh air. Tooled over to FirstWatch for a delightful brunch.

By 1:00 the heat index was only around 83. Things are looking up down here weather wise.
I agree...it was a wonderous morning with no humidity...and the day is turning out beautifully...only the best for those of us here in The Villages!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post

It's because all of the HUMIDITY is now up here in Vermont.

Unbelievable stretch of thick humid air mass with all the constant rain.

Our daytime temperature is 60 even.....but very damp with humidity, not the way September usually is. Climate change for sure.

Rivers, creeks, brooks and streams are rising again and they are predicting even more rain with flash flooding.....not just in Vermont, but all over the east coast.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Sage

Got in the golf cart at 9:00 this morning heading to the gym and felt a little chilly. Left the gym at 10:00 and my glasses didn't fog up. Low humidity and temps. I love it.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Sage

You're making me homesick... for my NEW HOME. We will be frogs in October!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Sage

It was a nice day here, I agree. Headed out the door this morning to go bowling and actually felt a little chill....it was WONDERFUL!

Seems like it's been a very long, hot, summer and personally, I'm looking forward to cooler weather.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

It has been almost as hot and sometimes hotter here in northern Mo. this summer than it has been in TV. We got a break on Sunday and since then our mornings have been in the low 50s and daytime temps in the 70s. Love autumn weather, even though it is technically not autumn yet!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Veteran member

Was standing in a line waiting to be waited on in a store this morning. A woman came in looking like she'd been strung through a key-hole. She went on to say "I have to lean here, on something, I cannot stand this humidity here!" I didn't say anything---didn't seem like she'd appreciate it---but wanted to say "THEN you should have been here last week! You'd really have had trouble in that case!" Not sure if she's a local or just visiting but also wanted to aske her what planet she thought she was on. I have to agree that today was just plain lovely!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thumbs up Want nice weather!!

Keep the nice weather coming in TV. I will be back in TV on Oct. 7. Almost need a jacket here in Chicago in the mornings the past few days -- low 50's when I leave for work in the morning...no more A/C needed here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.