access to premier villages?

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Default access to premier villages?

does anyone know if bridgeport at sumter landing can be accessed by golf cart without using a gate card? seems to me the golf cart path is positioned between the card reader and the gate.
it's unlike any other gate layouts i've seen in tv.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Default Re: access to premier villages?

We've been able to enter without using a gate card when driving our golf cart. You can drive around the gate arm, at least we can with a regular size golf cart.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:15 PM

thanks for info, i'll try it but driving around gate arms is usually an installation error that tv eventually fixes with longer arms. i've never seen it deliberately designed for golf cart access in that fashion. in the long run.
do we have any bridgeport at sumter landing members?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Sage

99....actually, a few of the gates (but not all of them) are designed for golf carts to get through without having to use a card.

For example, the gate at Canal and Bonita into Village of Largo. And the exit out of Belvedere towards 466. I'm sure there are others.

I remember reading somewhere in a fairly recent CDD meeting report that they intentionally shortened the arm at Bridgeport to allow golf carts in without access card.

But then, there is the gate from avenida central to del mar that you can't get around...gotta have the card.

So, you're right, it is somewhat inconsistent in instances where golf carts have to go through a gate rather than around it via a paved cart path.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:35 AM

gates in my north of 466 neck of the woods either have paved golf cart paths around the gates or if no visitor side you need to use your gate card. which for most is probably easy but with my disability i can't get close enough since i can only extend my right arm. i'll be out near LSL tomorrow so i will try the bridgeport gate. thanks for your help

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.