Mail center ATMS being removed?

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
Since the ATMs are Citizens First machines, the Developer's family owns Citizens First, and the ATMs give Citizens First a competitive advantage over the other banks, I don't think that there is any chance that the ATMs will be removed within the foreseeable future.
I know. That's why I was shocked to see a REGIONS BANK ATM in the lobby of the Villages Hospital 2 days ago near the piano.

Weird! I wonder if The Morris family knows it's there. it's horning in on their business. LOL
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Sage

"The Morris family"

Morris was the cat in the Friskie Cat Food commercials (or some kind of cat food).

Morse is the name of the Developer's family. Similar to Morse Blvd in The Villages. Coincidence?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
"The Morris family"

Morris was the cat in the Friskie Cat Food commercials (or some kind of cat food).

Morse is the name of the Developer's family. Similar to Morse Blvd in The Villages. Coincidence?
OMG, I feel so stupid. I typed this w/o even proof-reading it.

I worked for The Villages 12 yrs before I retired and certainly know their name.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSGompers View Post
I know. That's why I was shocked to see a REGIONS BANK ATM in the lobby of the Villages Hospital 2 days ago near the piano.

Weird! I wonder if The Morris family knows it's there. it's horning in on their business. LOL
Wow! Do you suppose that the Hospital might actually have awarded the ATM franchise to the highest bidder? I wonder if Citizens First is paying our Districts anything at all for its ATM monopoly.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
Since the ATMs are Citizens First machines, the Developer's family owns Citizens First, and the ATMs give Citizens First a competitive advantage over the other banks, I don't think that there is any chance that the ATMs will be removed within the foreseeable future.

Yep. That competitive advantage. It's free enterprise and a better mousetrap.

Industry, good ideas, risking your own money, making the right choices, doing it better, being there first with a good idea.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Please don't post a statement like this. Many will believe it and have an erroneous impression. There has never been an ATM at the Tamarind Grove postal station.
Oh for Pete's sake. It was a JOKE! Geeze.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Don't be bringing Pete into this discussion..................................
Old 09-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;751628]Yep. That competitive advantage. It's free enterprise and a better mousetrap.

Industry, good ideas, risking your own money, making the right choices, doing it better, being there first with a good idea.[/QUOTe

I totally agree. But governmental favoritism, even by Community Development Districts, is not free enterprise or a better mousetrap.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yep. That competitive advantage. It's free enterprise and a better mousetrap.

Industry, good ideas, risking your own money, making the right choices, doing it better, being there first with a good idea.
Things may have started out and proceeded for while like that, no question. Kudos to them! But, it has now matured into a de facto monopoly of ownership and control which is almost always the case in any "company town".

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.