Are the mail centers a storm debris dump location?

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2017, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman View Post
So do I get a reduction in my monthly trash fees, or are they pocketing the savings since FEMA pays for yard debris?
Yes! It will come in the same check as your trail fee rebate. Please let us know when it comes.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:17 PM

I will not hold my breath! Bad management all around.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Debris Collection Update 9/22/17 3:45p.m.
As units of local government, the Village Community Development Districts are eligible for reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for storm debris collection resulting from Hurricane Irma. Each of the Districts located in The Villages have a contract in place with a FEMA approved debris hauler, Crowder Gulf, Inc

In my view the decision made is SOP when it comes to the developer and The Villages nd that is transfer financial burdens to others.

FEMA money is available and so The Villages contracts with a FEMA approved hauler and now look at the mess that sits at every home in The villages. to boot they demanded debris be placed in biodegradable bags which will pretty much beginning to degrade if debris is not picked up soon.

The Villages clearly could have struck an agreement with Waste Management and we would have had this all behind us by now....by I digress

I try to see the best in every situation and so thankfully we are not talking about garbage
You do know that Waste Management only picks up in Town of Lady Lake and unincorporated Lake County?
CH2M HILL OMI is in the rest of the Villages I believe. Do you think Waste Management is better geared to handle this than a FEMA approved company?
The sanitation portion of my amenity bill is $17.90 What do you think residents would say if that doubled or tripled for 2 or 3 months?

I've always posted - we seem to want to run everything around here ...... I think we have reached a new low by including picking up yard waste!

To: Ms. Tutt and her staff and the FEMA Haulers - WELL DONE - PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! THANK YOU
Old 09-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
I 'm glad I don't feel that way. I would have to sell my house and leave. I wouldn't live where I was so unhappy.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Then get involved, run for your CDD seat, join the HOA organizations (pick one), rent a truck and go pick up the stuff. Seems there are a few in this thread who will join you....they want to help (or do they just want the stuff out of their neighborhood?). Most of these posts are back seat driving posts....let me tell you how do it because I know best, wait, no, I don't want to actually do it....just tell you how.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-24-2017, 06:47 PM

Already members of POA and HOA. We cleaned up our streets and a neighbor with a truck took it all to the local facility. There was a fee. I want to know who is keeping the trash fees that would have been paid out? What will they do with the money?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Already members of POA and HOA. We cleaned up our streets and a neighbor with a truck took it all to the local facility. There was a fee. I want to know who is keeping the trash fees that would have been paid out? What will they do with the money?
Maybe they R save'in-up to put a Pool in their back yard...
Old 09-25-2017, 07:56 AM

Message sent out yesterday re:debris at postal and recreation centers:

VCDD Logo e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/24/2017

Debris at Recreation Facilities

As units of local government, the Village Community Development Districts are eligible for reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for storm debris collection resulting from Hurricane Irma. Each of the Districts located in The Villages have a contract in place with a FEMA approved debris hauler, Crowder Gulf, Inc.

Debris collection began for residential properties on Friday, September 15, 2017 and will continue until each residential area has a collection. Please do NOT place your storm debris or regular yard waste debris at any of the recreation centers or postal facilities. Moving debris from your residential property to recreation areas can be a safety hazard and it can impact the normal maintenance and upkeep of the recreation facilities.

We appreciate your cooperation and urge you to contact the District Customer Service Center should you have any questions on storm related debris pick-up or your regular yard waste collection. We can be reached Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (352) 753-4508. For additional information, please visit Village Community Development Districts.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The picture that was online was NOT yard waste. That's the crap from those ugly palms. I'm sure it was done by the clean up crew just like the huge pile that was at Havana CC parking lot that was placed by the clean up crews and has since been hauled off.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Sage

VCDD e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/25/2017 4:33 PM

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented event in The Villages.

We appreciate the calls and inquiries we have received and the ability to explain what is transpiring regarding a number of services which includes vegetative debris removal. Although not all emails and phone calls have been returned, we are doing our best to do so.

As information, the Community Development Districts do have a contract with a company to provide vegetative removal after a weather event. It is unfortunate that our contracted company, along with most contracted companies throughout central Florida, have had their subcontractors heading south for work due to monetary reasons. At this moment, the State Attorney General is actually looking into this situation and the potential legal issues involved.

However, although a number of Crowder-Gulf’s (CG) subcontractors have left, CG and the District have been working diligently with the District’s contractors to become eligible debris haulers and we now have backfilled a number of the vehicles that left.

There have been a number of calls, inquiries and requests for credit for the lack of yard waste pickup by our contracted hauler, CH2MHILL. The company was directed to not pick up yard debris from the storm. While there are numerous valid reasons for doing so, including logistics, the salient point is that the company will be expending additional time and work to follow behind the contracted debris hauler to guarantee all debris has been removed. Once a District has had all residential storm-related debris removed, normal yard waste will resume the following Wednesday.

Due to the limited amount of debris in Districts 9 and 10, a decision has been made to resume CH2MHILL removal of yard waste. However, should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and will be picked up by CG. Districts 3 and 4 will also have normal yard waste removal resumed this week as storm debris will have been removed by that time.

In addition, you are reminded to not take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers due to safety concerns.

Please note that while your home may not have substantial vegetative debris, that is not the case throughout The Villages. Please bear with us as we work very hard to say good bye to Irma’s remnants and respectfully request your patience during the clean-up.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:03 PM
Sage

VCDD e-Notification
Date: 9/25/2017 5:57 PM

Debris Removal – UPDATED 9/25/2017

Storm related yard debris removal is continuing throughout The Villages community. All storm related yard debris should be placed curbside on residential property, but not in roadways. Please do NOT place debris in plastic bags. It may be un-bagged or in paper biodegradable bags.

While the storm related debris is collected, normal yard waste collection is suspended. As the storm debris is collected, Districts will begin receiving their normal yard waste collection the following Wednesday.

· Due to the limited amount of debris in Districts 9 and 10, normal yard waste collection will resume Wednesday, September 27th. Should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and collected by Crowder-Gulf.

· Districts 3 and 4 will resume normal yard waste collection this Wednesday, September 27th as storm debris will be removed from residential properties.

· The collection in VCDD No. 3 is now complete for all residential properties.

· The collection in VCDD No. 4 began on the east side of Buena Vista and residential areas are now substantially complete. Collection is now underway for the portion of VCDD No. 4 on the west side of Buena Vista.

· The collection for VCDD No. 2 will be conducted west to east following the completion of collection in VCDD No. 4.

· The collection in the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages began September 22nd. Once that area is complete, the contractor will begin work in VCDD No. 1.

In addition, please do not take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers due to safety concerns.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508.
Closed Thread

Tags
debris, yard, mail, storm, piling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.