How many times have you moved since landing here?

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Default How many times have you moved since landing here?

I tried to do a search on this subject and came up blank. I have talked with a few frogs who tell me constantly, "Don't be so sure your house is the one you will end up in here in TV, that is what we thought and before we knew it we were looking to move." True for most or not? We love our home very much ( we are PT currently and will be FT when the VA house sells) and feel sure it is the "last one"...We have met several folks who were PTimers then when they became FT frogs, they found the house they thought was the dream house was not. ( most said they figured out they wanted to be close to their daily activites , or regretted not getting the golf cart garage, etc..) Just curious, out of all of you who post here regularly and have been FT over one year, are you still in your original house or have you moved? If so, how many times? My reason for asking is, I am torn between putting all the things on my wish list into the current house , or waiting to see if it is truly "the one" and who better to ask then you "veterans"!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Sage

Been here 3 1/2 yrs, full timer, and plan for this to be the final house. It is the right size and right location...don't ever see any reason to move....even if I hit the Lotto and can afford the most bodacious premiere on Lake Sumter.

Of my neighborhood of 57 designer homes....

4 have moved elsewhere in TV, mainly for either a larger home and/or more privacy.

1 death

3 divorce or financial troubles
Old 02-22-2010, 05:21 PM

We closed on our Gardenia Jan '06. Yes, there are things we would change, but we are very happy in this house and have already spent a lot on upgrades to include landscaping. God willing, we will be in this house for many, many years.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Been here nearly 3 years in same house, which we are happy with. You can always think of a reason a different house or location would be better, but in the end you realize the reasons you picked your existing house or still there. No place or activity in the Village are ever more then a few miles away. I agree that some part timers may find later the house really is not big enough for full time. Good thing to consider when buying.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Sage

Hi wlou,

I don't know whether we will stay in our first when we retire in about three years and move to TV full time.

We bought a two-bedroom 1 1/2-car garage home in TV because it's a vacation home. We also rent it out in the winter as we are limited in how often we can come down. If we had an extra bedroom and bigger garage, we wouldn't use it. We'd also prefer fewer people in the home when it's rented.

When we retire and move to TV full time, we might want an extra bedroom and 2 1/2 car garage. But at that time, we'd be selling our current full-time residence, as well as our vacation/ rental TV home, and would actually use the additional living/ garage space.

We might stay put in the TV home we bought. The older we get, the more we are finding that we want to simplify and downsize. We're keeping our options open.

BTW, happy house hunting to you! I'm sure you'll get lots of pros and cons and good ideas from fellow TOTV, as we did. Whether its your first or last or both, I know you'll find something you'll love!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to cwnavy1

In January of this year, we spent three day looking at homes in TV, and found four who were selling their homes to move to smaller places, not larger ones. We found no one who was selling their home to move up. Found it interesting.

CA, Ariz., Texas, Georgia, Now- TV!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Default 3 times

I replied to this same question last year. We have moved 3 times in about 4 years. And always for the same reason. Neighbors who just can't keep their noses in their own yards and property. We finally found a home not maybe quite as nice as we began with, but the neighbors are great. We barter services with adding things to our homes. Don't ask and don't tell.
It's great.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Gold member

Originally went through the design center to build a designer home. Now own one of the larger courtyard villas which works great for us. (and the dog) We are here full time.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRMnLgs View Post
I replied to this same question last year. We have moved 3 times in about 4 years. And always for the same reason. Neighbors who just can't keep their noses in their own yards and property. We finally found a home not maybe quite as nice as we began with, but the neighbors are great. We barter services with adding things to our homes. Don't ask and don't tell.
It's great.
That's why we don't get too "thick" with our neighbors.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.