The Mailbox Stations are Dangerous

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2015, 09:01 AM
Gold member
Default The Mailbox Stations are Dangerous

We almost got T-boned while parked at the mailbox station. Every time we go down there it is like a zoo. I think I will check my mail after 9pm when everyone is in bed.

So this woman in a minivan is parked two spaces over and no cars between us. She starts to back out so I sit and wait. The problem is she does not back up far enough before going forward. I tell my wife "we are going to get hit" and jump out of the car to get her attention. She was totally clueless as to where her car was heading. I go up to her car window and tell & motion to her to back up more.... you are going to hit my car if you go forward. She just stairs at me and does not move. So I move to the front of her car (risky move now that I think about it). Finely she backs up a little more. May be she thought I was going to car jack her. She speed off like a bat out of hell totally clueless of what she was about to do. Other people there were just shaking their head. Hope she does not run into you or your car one day. Watch out when at the mail box station!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Which village? What color van? So we can be on the lookout.....
Old 01-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Sage
Default Time to plan

During the busy time of year and day, it is best to either walk to your mailbox or plan your trip well after everyone else does. If you go down in the evening you will experience something totally different. This time of year outings require planning if you are to do with ease.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Our mail station is the same way. We have some park their golf carts cross ways and take up two spots and get their mail and then sit in the cart and read their mail. One time I got so mad that I pulled into the space and the cart driver said how do I get out. I said you should have thought about it before you parked and took up two spots, so I guess you will have to wait like everyone else that wants to park but can't since you do not know how to park.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

My pet peeve at the Tamarind Grove Mail Station is the cars and carts that use it as a "cut through" from Tamarind Grove Run to Ansley Path. They speed thru the parking lot - don't stop for mail and endanger those backing out. Yes there are other crazies too, but this really gets me every time each time I see it. Maybe Sumter's finest can catch them as they are in such a hurry they probably roll thru the STOP sign as well...

Last edited by Susan G; 01-27-2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Sp
Old 01-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Which village? What color van? So we can be on the lookout.....
Any Village, All Colors...........................
Old 01-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

For use the mail station not that far we usually walk or go later in the evening on the way out. Avoid happy hour if all possible.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delima2000 View Post
Our mail station is the same way. We have some park their golf carts cross ways and take up two spots and get their mail and then sit in the cart and read their mail. One time I got so mad that I pulled into the space and the cart driver said how do I get out. I said you should have thought about it before you parked and took up two spots, so I guess you will have to wait like everyone else that wants to park but can't since you do not know how to park.
Wow! Now that shows the true spirit of Florida's Friendliest Hometown!

The poster should also read on TOTV the number of posts regarding Villagers who claim to always carry their pistols whenever they leave the house - and actions like the one described by the poster could be interpreted as a threat just like the retired police captain felt when a handful of popcorn got tossed at him. Result was deadly!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am NOT an English teacher but I respectfully submit that the topic could have been Watch for poor driving at mail stations.

I think some folks on here used to write for the tabloids.

The Mail Stations are dangerous
conjurs up folks hanging around dealing drugs and waiting to cart jack someone. Be mindful of the new folks who have NEVER been here.

No, I don't work for the developer.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post

The poster should also read on TOTV the number of posts regarding Villagers who claim to always carry their pistols whenever they leave the house - and actions like the one described by the poster could be interpreted as a threat just like the retired police captain felt when a handful of popcorn got tossed at him. Result was deadly!
but not by the 99.8% of us residents and responsible gun owners.
Unfortunately we live in an age where genralization of isolated incidents seems to be a norm (of sorts) which distorts reality.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:

The postal stations should be gun prohibited. Just think if the word postal.[emoji6]
Old 01-27-2015, 12:16 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
The postal stations should be gun prohibited. Just think if the word postal.[emoji6]
As Larry The Cable Guy says,"I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
Old 01-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am NOT an English teacher but I respectfully submit that the topic could have been Watch for poor driving at mail stations.

I think some folks on here used to write for the tabloids.

The Mail Stations are dangerous
conjurs up folks hanging around dealing drugs and waiting to cart jack someone. Be mindful of the new folks who have NEVER been here.

No, I don't work for the developer.

Thank you!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
As Larry The Cable Guy says,"I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
It's not funny if you knew someone who was killed in one of those cases.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Veteran member

It wasn't a threat. Just a reaction of inconsiderate people that think they can make their own rules. I'm done with totv.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.