Mailbox stickers Reveal Who You Are

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2022, 08:37 AM

So these people are DRIVING A CAR to the mailbox and need a sticker to find their box??? REALLY????????
Old 01-11-2022, 09:00 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
So these people are DRIVING A CAR to the mailbox and need a sticker to find their box??? REALLY????????
That would be a yes! I am one of those people. 🤣
Old 01-11-2022, 09:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

I don't care either way. If the people in charge wanted the practice stopped that would be the end of it.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

It was about a year or so ago that the Mallory mail center had all the stickers removed. It certainly did make the appearance of the mail center look really nice. I think painting was done too and the whole area brightened up, especially at night. Maybe improved lighting was also done, not sure.

I never have had or have never needed a sticker on the mailbox. I guess the location of my mailbox is easy peasy to find. Sorry to say, the stickers have slowly returned but there are not nearly as many as there were before the improvements were done. I imagine folks have no problem finding their mailbox without a sticker on it. How about using the number?
Old 01-11-2022, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
Yep! I drive right on up the road and look for the sign so I know which building to go to. The sign probably isn't necessary since there is only one mail center in the area and it looks different than a house or a rec center. But still, a sign is nice.

Then I get out of my car and stand in front of a wall of over 300 identical doors. Sure, by now I know the general location of my door so that narrows it down a bit. I should remember the number but I don't. But the little sign (sticker) on the door helps me find the right door.

I guess the sticker is just like the sign on the road that helps me find the right building except there is only one building to choose from but over 300 doors.

EDIT: Oops! Turns out my neighborhood pool has a sign and the postal station just hangs off the parking lot.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 01-11-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:26 AM

How lucky are we that this is the biggest issue in our lives couldn’t be more blessed!!
Old 01-11-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdr@yahoo.com View Post
With so many things to do here in TV and you have to worry about mailbox stickers. If it’s not on yours who cares. I mean really people, I could see if it was political or abusive or spray painted, then let the postal service take care of it but is this really what it has come to, sitting here and worrying about stickers on mailboxes. As people gets older things become confusing and memory does go, so if this helps people zero in on theirs or helps them remember which one is theirs, then good for them. I have got to get off of this Talk of The Villages because so many little minor things people complain about with this great place to live. Enjoy life people, don’t just sit at home and complain about it.
Amen!
Old 01-11-2022, 10:21 AM
Default Not government property

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Are the mailboxes official government property are you desecrating them?
They are owned by TV, not the government. I clarified with postal service after people were having fits before about stickers, etc.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
only reason I have a sticker on the mail box is that it helps me zero in on my box is...
After the first week or so of living there if you can't "zero in" search Google for "optometrists near me." Our mailbox area looks like the front cover of a 6th grade notebook with all the zillions of stickers.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Yep! I drive right on up the road and look for the sign so I know which building to go to. The sign probably isn't necessary since there is only one mail center in the area and it looks different than a house or a rec center. But still, a sign is nice.

Then I get out of my car and stand in front of a wall of over 300 identical doors. Sure, by now I know the general location of my door so that narrows it down a bit. I should remember the number but I don't. But the little sign (sticker) on the door helps me find the right door.

I guess the sticker is just like the sign on the road that helps me find the right building except there is only one building to choose from but over 300 doors.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondz View Post
They are owned by TV, not the government. I clarified with postal service after people were having fits before about stickers, etc.
I'd like to know what USPS employee told you that. Other than the Postmaster I would take it with a grain of sale. Then why do the keys says "USPS DO NOT DUPLICATE" and you have to contact the USPS to get a replacement, NOT The Villages? Actually they change the lock not replace the key.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

I was extremely angry when I arrived at the post boxes and found my sticker was removed. Put the big gold key in, the one that weighs 6 pounds and pulls my trousers down to my knees and it did not work. Wrong box ? Moved to right - NG. Moved left NG. Up & down still NG. Got in the golf cart and left in frustration. On the way home found the problem - wrong postal station.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdr@yahoo.com View Post
With so many things to do here in TV and you have to worry about mailbox stickers. If it’s not on yours who cares. I mean really people, I could see if it was political or abusive or spray painted, then let the postal service take care of it but is this really what it has come to, sitting here and worrying about stickers on mailboxes. As people gets older things become confusing and memory does go, so if this helps people zero in on theirs or helps them remember which one is theirs, then good for them. I have got to get off of this Talk of The Villages because so many little minor things people complain about with this great place to live. Enjoy life people, don’t just sit at home and complain about it.
You are right but you need to lighten up a bit. That's how it goes here. 80% of the topics are like this. If it does upset you, you are 100% correct that you shouldn't read the forum because it's not worth it affecting your health over a bunch of silly posts.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
After the first week or so of living there if you can't "zero in" search Google for "optometrists near me." Our mailbox area looks like the front cover of a 6th grade notebook with all the zillions of stickers.
I hope no one ever buys stickers (similar to ones currently on the mailboxes) and just plays roulette, sticking them over the ones currently on the mailbox.
I do understand the challenge some have finding their mailbox. I'm in my fifties and already having issues like this.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I was extremely angry when I arrived at the post boxes and found my sticker was removed. Put the big gold key in, the one that weighs 6 pounds and pulls my trousers down to my knees and it did not work. Wrong box ? Moved to right - NG. Moved left NG. Up & down still NG. Got in the golf cart and left in frustration. On the way home found the problem - wrong postal station.

Bill says his station has a sign, doesn’t yours? Mine has no sign either.

Tags
mailbox, stickers, find, easy, reveal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.