Mailbox stickers Reveal Who You Are

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2022, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Good idea. Stop logging in if it bothers you and we will all be better off...
Curious, who is "you"?
Old 01-12-2022, 09:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Do that many people not know how to read the numbers on their box? A sticker saves them one second maybe. Kindergarten.
Kindergarten is being bothered by something so trivial.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:36 AM

For me, I get a chuckle seeing all the different stickers when I pick up my mail. In the split second that the stickers actually cross my mind, I see who are sports fans, Disney fans, rainbow lovers, etc. I guess I'm an optimist - glass half full - look on the bright side kind of person.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,492 Posts
Default Yea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase219 View Post
What about the number on the Box
Yeah, that could work too. But for those who don't have the location and elevation programmed in to their GPS, they may be reading numbers on nearly identical boxes.
Imagine a lot full of identical cars and to find yours you have to walk the lot checking license plates. Easier and quicker if you had a scrunchy or tennis ball on the antenna so you could spot it from a distance, don't you think?
Old 01-12-2022, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

Just out of curiosity, is it really that hard to remember your box number? It’s always in the same place.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,492 Posts
Default Not really, for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
Just out of curiosity, is it really that hard to remember your box number? It’s always in the same place.
For me, I have the exact location and number memorized. I am the one who most often gets the mail. Wife seldom gets the mail and to have a visual "marker" helps since she doesn't know the precise location or have the number memorized.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Looong number, going up and down (not the way we usually read), and in my case at the very bottom so you have to bend down to see it, low light in evening even more difficult to read. And then you wonder why people don’t use the number? The Villages is a city now population wise, it is time to get urban door to door delivery, and stop this rural type postal boxes service.

Last edited by Velvet; 01-12-2022 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry F2 View Post
The best thing you can do to your mailbox is to make (print)
your name (paper) in bold lettering with your address (no city or zip) on it.
Make it as big as possible be still fit INSIDE your little mailbox door.
Tape that INSIDE your mailbox door and it would be a great help to your letter carrier in putting the correct letters in the correct box. Remember most of the letter carriers in
The Villages are contractors hired by the postal service to work just your Postal Station.
They are not US Postal Letter Carriers (Federal Employees) there is a big difference.
The person who delivers our mail (CG) does a great job. How she keeps up with all new houses every couple of weeks has to be hard.
That really isn't any help without a flashlight. I was our mailroom around Christmas and there is no way you can see inside to the little door when it is closed to see a name or address without shining a flashlight inside it. Addresses are all marked in the mailroom over each box although that doesn't always help because another family with the same house number on a different street often gets my mail which is why I "took a tour" of the mailroom. She said it was simply due to the part-timers not being careful as each address is very obvious on each box.

However I am tired of getting the previous owner's mail. Now I get 12 cremation letters every week instead of 6!
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Looong number, going up and down (not the way we usually read), and in my case at the very bottom so you have to bend down to see it, low light in evening even more difficult to read. And then you wonder why people don’t use the number? The Villages is a city now population wise, it is time to get urban door to door delivery, and stop this rural type postal boxes service.
I lived in urban Houston for 10 years, a bit bigger than TV. We had no door to door service. You walked to the end of the block and got our mail from a lock box (and larger lock boxes for packages) similar to what we have here. 24 mail boxes for 24 homes on the blocks.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I could be wrong but I believe it is illegal to put a sticker on your mailbox??? Anyone know?
Lol, I challenge anyone to show me anyone who has been arrested or cited for putting a sticker on their own mailbox. What is the code section? What agency enforces this? USPS Postal Inspectors? They're about as likely to arrest for a street crime as the Secret Service. Vandalism? Not if it's my own mailbox. Ya know the mantra: "No victim, no crime."
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 01-12-2022, 03:43 PM

People can find anything to complain about
Old 01-12-2022, 04:12 PM

I totally agree with watch dr. I don’t think the mailbox center is a place I bring guests to show off the beauty of The Villages. It is there for a purpose, that’s all. Riding by on the street they look nice and you don’t notice the stickers. Some people might need something to help their declining memory and mobility find their correct box. Some might like it because it is cute or meaningful to them. It’s not on yours, so get your mail and move on. Don’t get your panties in a bunch. Some people love bumper stickers, some don’t, some antenna tie ones (scrunches or flowers), some not so much, go home read your mail and worry about real problems in life. Go visit a shelter, do help at a senior center, enjoy what little time you have left on this planet, and smell the roses. Live life to your fullest. The clock is ticking people......
Old 01-12-2022, 09:18 PM
Platinum member
Default Deep throat mail box conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdisney4life View Post
how lucky are we that this is the biggest issue in our lives couldn’t be more blessed!!
i want woodward & bernstein to expose why 6 foot plus villagers are assigned the bottom tier boxes and the petite ones are assigned to the top needing either a ladder or pogo stick to get their mail. Hint. I believe the conspiracy starts in the design center.
And also
to video the delivery drivers who kick the boxes into the smaller bins so that you can't fit a nickel in there and need wd 40 to get it out.
Also
video the delivery drivers with open doors who kick the red button to gain access thru the gates.
Old 01-13-2022, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I was extremely angry when I arrived at the post boxes and found my sticker was removed. Put the big gold key in, the one that weighs 6 pounds and pulls my trousers down to my knees and it did not work. Wrong box ? Moved to right - NG. Moved left NG. Up & down still NG. Got in the golf cart and left in frustration. On the way home found the problem - wrong postal station.
Made me chuckle.

Last edited by coffeebean; 01-13-2022 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2022, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Getting a kick out of this thread.
Our mailbox has a couple of stickers on it that were put on by a friend who was picking up our mail for a couple of months. Said it made zeroing in on the box easier for her. Just left them there.
As for me, box is at the back of the building, seven steps from the corner, third section, second row down, fourth from the right, Number xxxxx, and it has 2 small stickers. I sure am glad those stickers are there or I might never find it. 😃😃😃
Another chuckle from me.

Tags
mailbox, stickers, find, easy, reveal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.