Major accident on Morse

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

So very sad prayers for all those involved. From the pictures it looks like the van may have tried to avoid the golf cart. I just wish everyone would be more careful. A golf cart is never a match for a car or van or truck. Remember also that many here driving vehicles do not have the sharp reflexes they once had to avoid an accident. Don't take a chance thinking you can beat that car. I'm not saying this is what happened but I have seen it so very often.

Again prayers for all parties involved!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Platinum member

A man driving a golf cart that collided with a mini-van this morning on Morse Boulevard has died.

The man, whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin, was transported to The Villages Regional Hospital after suffering critical injuries in the accident. He was later pronounced dead at TVRH.

His golf cart had been traveling south on Morse Boulevard in the golf cart lane near Fuentez Avenue, according to an accident report from the Florida Highway Patrol.

The golf cart driver had made a left turn onto Fuentez Avenue, turning into the path of a van driven by 80-year-old Wendell Jesseman of The Villages.

Jesseman and a passenger in the van, 80-year-old Erline Jesseman also of The Villages, were not injured, according to the FHP report. However, they were evaluated by EMS personnel at the crash site.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Platinum member

The other paper is now saying the golf cart turned left in front of the van. How very sad!!....my prayers for family and friends!!....it's very dangerous out there, drive carefully!!!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Sage

I read the article and the comments offered below. One person was an eye-witness to the accident and said the golf-cart driver was at fault and the van didn't have a chance of missing him. I think "some" drivers of carts drive aggressively...we've all seen it....I've seen where they should have waited but didn't. If you do make it, it's your guardian angel watching over you for sure. I keep saying "golf carts so NOT have the right of way!" People's depth perception changes as they grow older as well as reflexes. So being extra careful is the antidote to the issues with driving now matter the vehicle.

If the deceased has a wife, what a call to get! For his family members and friends, such saddness to have bestowned upon them! Prayers for comfort at this time!!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I read the article and the comments offered below. One person was an eye-witness to the accident and said the golf-cart driver was at fault and the van didn't have a chance of missing him. I think "some" drivers of carts drive aggressively...we've all seen it....I've seen where they should have waited but didn't. If you do make it, it's your guardian angel watching over you for sure. I keep saying "golf carts so NOT have the right of way!" People's depth perception changes as they grow older as well as reflexes. So being extra careful is the antidote to the issues with driving now matter the vehicle.

If the deceased has a wife, what a call to get! For his family members and friends, such saddness to have bestowned upon them! Prayers for comfort at this time!!
Pretty much what I was trying to say but you said it so much better! I agree!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post

Sorry to hear this tragic news.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

I am new here,so maybe a silly question, but Morse seems much more dangerous to me than Buena Vista, yet golf carts are not allowed on BV but they evidently are on Morse? Is that correct? Seems rather poor planning? Morse also seems to be much busier thanBV?
Old 01-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
I am new here,so maybe a silly question, but Morse seems much more dangerous to me than Buena Vista, yet golf carts are not allowed on BV but they evidently are on Morse? Is that correct? Seems rather poor planning? Morse also seems to be much busier thanBV?
Buena Vista has a path far to one side. They did not seem to really anticipate the success of the Villages at one time, so some parts have much narrower streets. They did broaden Morse north of CR466 about 18 months ago.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Sigh, not so minor. The not to be named Villages news source says a head-on crash between golf cart and mini-van. Accident occurred at 9:30 am, traffic still jammed up and being detoured at 10:30.
I didn't read anything about a head-on crash. Golf cart made a left turn into path of minivan.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Had nothing to do with your perception of Morse being much more dangerous or poor planning. A golf cart made a left turn in front of a van!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:14 PM

This is almost the same exact spot where my accident was 2-13-14. A car pulled in front of us at Carrera as we were headed South. I've had 3 surgeries since then and lost the hearing in my left ear. People please be careful out there. Seat belts should be manatory. I have them in my golf cart. There are a lot of folks out there right now that just don't understand the rules of the road. I do not travel Morse in a golf cart anymore during SB season. I'm praying for the family of the deceased. I know I am lucky to be alive.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am a huge believer in seat belts. However, from the sound of this accident, I don't think even that would have helped. This is very sad for all involved. The poor driver of the van will relive this accident every day for the rest of his life.

Yes -- very sad for everyone.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
This is almost the same exact spot where my accident was 2-13-14. A car pulled in front of us at Carrera as we were headed South. I've had 3 surgeries since then and lost the hearing in my left ear. People please be careful out there. Seat belts should be manatory. I have them in my golf cart. There are a lot of folks out there right now that just don't understand the rules of the road. I do not travel Morse in a golf cart anymore during SB season. I'm praying for the family of the deceased. I know I am lucky to be alive.
Wow, so sorry to hear this. Thank God you're here to talk about it.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I didn't read anything about a head-on crash. Golf cart made a left turn into path of minivan.
Bogie, the original story in the other paper said it was a head-on crash....they later changed it to a left turn in front of the van.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I am a huge believer in seat belts. However, from the sound of this accident, I don't think even that would have helped. This is very sad for all involved. The poor driver of the van will relive this accident every day for the rest of his life.

Yes -- very sad for everyone.
My guess looking at the picture of the golf cart, he was thrown out of it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.