Make sure you check your sunpass account

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Gold member
Default Make sure you check your sunpass account

The SunPass toll system just did a recent upgrade to their software. They are currently having problems with that upgrade. Many people are reporting DOUBLE BILLING on their accounts.
So, please check your account to see if there are any problems.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Good idea. This problem has been going on since June, but it wasn't until a few days ago the charges started appearing.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Veteran member

Also...EZ Pass will work in FL effective 9/1. At least in Central FL for now, more to come. So if you have a both a SP and an EZ transponder on your windshield make sure to deactivate the SP account. This can be done online and a refund of your online balance will be sent to you in 30 days...hopefully. If you don’t deactivate SP, you will be billed from both EZ and SP for the same toll.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
Also...EZ Pass will work in FL effective 9/1. At least in Central FL for now, more to come. So if you have a both a SP and an EZ transponder on your windshield make sure to deactivate the SP account. This can be done online and a refund of your online balance will be sent to you in 30 days...hopefully. If you don’t deactivate SP, you will be billed from both EZ and SP for the same toll.
Add I-PASS to the 9/1 mix.

COMING SOON: Use I-PASS on Central Florida Expressway Toll Roads**

Beginning September 1, 2018, I-PASS will be accepted on*Central Florida Expressway Authority toll roads*in downtown Orlando and surrounding communities.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
E-ZPass is initially going to work only on CFX toll roads (see purple roads on map in link).

I have my E-ZPass transponder in a shielding pouch in the glove compartment. For now, I'll continue to use my SunPass. I also use it for parking at Orlando airport (MCO).

Where will my E-ZPass work in Florida?
Old 08-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have been getting emails from them for awhile letting us know they were upgrading system, please check our account. Then who to contact in case there was a billing problem, and apologized for taking too long with the change.

We being checking our account since the first email, so far no problems
Old 08-17-2018, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,074 Times in 2,743 Posts

Last time we visited our Villages home we flew down to Orlando, rented a car one way and used our sunpass in the rental to drive to our home. Since we returned home (up North) at different times we each took separate shuttles to the airport. I later checked the balance on the sunpass account and noticed that since I had the sunpass transponder in my travel bag the account got charged for my shuttle ride to the airport. I contacted surpass and they would not reverse the charge, but they did send me a shielded bag to store my sunpass in that will block the transponder signal so that this will not happen again in the future.
Closed Thread

Tags
upgrade, sunpass, account, check, problems

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.