man collapses on golfcart path at 466A & Canal 0n 3/22 @ aprox. 12:30pm

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM

Fortunately he had a drivers license on him but my husband and I were so focused on CPR that we didn't check his pockets for ID. We noticed the paramedics pulled a drivers license from his pocket and hand it off but we didn't have a chance to see who he was and they didn't share that information. My husband and I have re-lived this moment over and over in the past 24 hours asking ourselves all kinds of questions. All you can do when in that situation is evaluate things as best you can, do what you can to help the person, and hope for the best. Hindsight is always 20/20. Would we do anything differently under the circumstances?....ABSOLUTELY NOT! And we hope that should we ever be the one sitting on a park bench our fellow villagers wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Good job. Another thing IF you have a cell phone the ICE numbers are a good thing to put in you contacts list.

I In
C Case
E Emergency
Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingthedream View Post
Fortunately he had a drivers license on him but my husband and I were so focused on CPR that we didn't check his pockets for ID. We noticed the paramedics pulled a drivers license from his pocket and hand it off but we didn't have a chance to see who he was and they didn't share that information. My husband and I have re-lived this moment over and over in the past 24 hours asking ourselves all kinds of questions. All you can do when in that situation is evaluate things as best you can, do what you can to help the person, and hope for the best. Hindsight is always 20/20. Would we do anything differently under the circumstances?....ABSOLUTELY NOT! And we hope that should we ever be the one sitting on a park bench our fellow villagers wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing!

Please do keep in mind that emergency services will not, and in some states, can not share patient information unless you are related or have a legal responsibility for an individual.
I am certain your efforts were/are appreciated by many here. Thank you.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
This incident is a reminder to have ID with us when we go out walking or exercising. It would be horrible to have something happen and not have our loved ones with us.
Because I am single and living alone, I ALWAYS have my cell phone with me even as I walk into different rooms of my house. As Skip suggested, my ICE numbers are already set up with emergency numbers, my allergies and health conditions listed, my home address and the fact that 2 puppies are at home waiting for mommy to come home. God forbid my puppies wouldn't be taken care of.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-24-2013, 03:57 PM

Great tips. I'm putting the info on my phone today! Still no updates on the man on the bench.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Location: New York, New Jersey and now The Villages (Virginia Trace)

Thank you for being there for this unfortunate man. I am hoping and praying he makes it.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Because I am single and living alone, I ALWAYS have my cell phone with me even as I walk into different rooms of my house. As Skip suggested, my ICE numbers are already set up with emergency numbers, my allergies and health conditions listed, my home address and the fact that 2 puppies are at home waiting for mommy to come home. God forbid my puppies wouldn't be taken care of.
Got my ICE numbers but not sure where to put info on my dog. I guess I need to remove my password for anyone to be able to get into my phone!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:20 PM

Has anyone heard anything about one of their neighbors?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:05 PM

That was my dad. THANKS to all of you who helped him. Sadly, he died Saturday night. I live in Tallahassee and was southbound by 2:30 pm Friday. At 2am Saturday two of my brothers and two sisters showed up so we were with mom when he died. Needless to say, it's been an rotten week. But, the good thing is he was healthy until the end and he had been out doing his 5+ mile daily walk. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Default man collapses on golfcart path

Thank you all who helped my dad. It means an awful lot to me and my family to know people helped. Unfortunately, Dad died on Saturday evening - but mom had me and two brothers and two sisters there to help out. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR HELPING HIM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM

So sorry to hear of this sad news! I was so hoping to learn that everything turned out well. My condolences to your family!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 PM

My eyes filled with tears reading that your dad had passed. So sorry for your loss
Old 03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am so sorry Janine. So sad to hear of your father's passing. Thoughts and prayers for you and your mother and family.

Bless all of you good people who helped him.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Veteran member

Janine, in your time of sorrow, I want to thank you! for letting the folks here know. We are so sorry to hear. As you said, it as good that the family was all together.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Sage

My condolences to you and your family. Losing a parent, regardless of age, is a hard thing to go through. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.