MANY thanks to the TOTV Collective

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Default MANY thanks to the TOTV Collective

Wifey and I drove up from So Fla for a w/end mission of TV house hunting/recon. (BTW: what an amazingly intense storm that blew through Saturday afternoon; high-winds turned Lake Sumter into a white-capped meringue! Other than upending two newly planted trees within Morse median, I hope the squall didn't injure anyone or cause further damage.)

We stayed at the Waterfront Inn for the second time. We have also done one LPP and made one other w/end get-away, all visits since September. It turns out that we met a couple of couples who were checking out TV for the first time.

It's amazing what one learns w/out realizing it.

As a result of my regular lurking on the TOTV and of thorough on-line property research, I answered every inquiry, provided info and resource referrals (Yes...Of course, I touted the TOTV website and some of you Sages), and shared obscure tidbits such as the location of a cemetery in TV, which came as a surprise to an eavesdropping TV realtor.

I found myself serving as an informed TV Ambassador, and I don't even live there!!

Anyway, the main point of this thread is to thank you all- from the Host to the newest junior member- for making TOTV what it is. One simply never knows to whom or how your collective information will be beneficial.

Oh, I do have one inquiry:
Many of you out there are snowbirds but being from SoFla where the winter is warmer than it is in TV, meaning that I simply cannot relate to those of you who revel in leaving your winter climes for the "warmth" of TV , in the event that wifey and I eventually buy in TV, would we become sunbirds?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post
Wifey and I drove up from So Fla for a w/end mission of TV house hunting/recon. (BTW: what an amazingly intense storm that blew through Saturday afternoon; high-winds turned Lake Sumter into a white-capped meringue! Other than upending two newly planted trees within Morse median, I hope the squall didn't injure anyone or cause further damage.)

We stayed at the Waterfront Inn for the second time. We have also done one LPP and made one other w/end get-away, all visits since September. It turns out that we met a couple of couples who were checking out TV for the first time.

It's amazing what one learns w/out realizing it.

As a result of my regular lurking on the TOTV and of thorough on-line property research, I answered every inquiry, provided info and resource referrals (Yes...Of course, I touted the TOTV website and some of you Sages), and shared obscure tidbits such as the location of a cemetery in TV, which came as a surprise to an eavesdropping TV realtor.

I found myself serving as an informed TV Ambassador, and I don't even live there!!

Anyway, the main point of this thread is to thank you all- from the Host to the newest junior member- for making TOTV what it is. One simply never knows to whom or how your collective information will be beneficial.

Oh, I do have one inquiry:
Many of you out there are snowbirds but being from SoFla where the winter is warmer than it is in TV, meaning that I simply cannot relate to those of you who revel in leaving your winter climes for the "warmth" of TV , in the event that wifey and I eventually buy in TV, would we become sunbirds?
What a nice, friendly, complimentary post.

You could also be birds of paradise!

Welcome...Return often new friend!!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Gold member

[QUOTE=gmcneill;354754]Wifey and I drove up from So Fla
Lets not rerun "the wife" thread.
FYI, I say "my wife".
Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 AM

[quote=LI SNOWBIRD;354821]
Quote:
Wifey and I drove up from So Fla
Lets not rerun "the wife" thread.
FYI, I say "my wife".
I didn't intend to rerun that thread, which I read with detached amusement.

Wifey is my affectionate name for the lady/woman/female/person/better half/other half... [choose one or add another] who, clearly as a result of a temporary lapse in personal judgment, agreed to marry me.

We've been together as a couple since we met as teenagers in 1972, and have been married since 1980.

I am Georgie to her as she is Wifey to me, just as "Sweetie", "My Bride", "She who must be obeyed", and "My wife" are to other TOTV posters.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Sage

[quote=gmcneill;354849]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post

I didn't intend to rerun that thread, which I read with detached amusement.

Wifey is my affectionate name for the lady/woman/female/person/better half/other half... [choose one or add another] who, clearly as a result of a temporary lapse in personal judgment, agreed to marry me.

We've been together as a couple since we met as teenagers in 1972, and have been married since 1980.

I am Georgie to her as she is Wifey to me, just as "Sweetie", "My Bride", "She who must be obeyed", and "My wife" are to other TOTV posters.
Any name for a spouse, that is said with love, is beautiful. Your wifey is lucky to have a husband like you.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Sage

gmcneill:

Thank you for a lovely post.

This is the place to come for help and I wish I knew it existed when I first visited the visited TV for the first time.

TOTV rocks!!!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed your visit and keep on posting.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Veteran member

Cemetery????!
Where is the cemetery?
Thanks
Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
Cemetery????!
Where is the cemetery?
Thanks
There is an old (100 years plus?) small African American cemetery located next to the Caroline mail center/pool. It's technically not in TV but surrounded on all sides by TV. I believe it's still in use. You can easily drive by and not realize it's there because it's hidden by the vegetation.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Exactly. Specifically: the cemetery sits behind hedges and trees on the north side of Stillwater, between the pool/mail entrance on the west edge and Chesnee Place on the east edge.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Exactly. Specifically: the cemetery sits behind hedges and trees on the north side of Stillwater, between the pool/mail entrance on the west edge and Chesnee Place on the east edge.
I would like to find the cemetary as a visitor but not as a resident.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.