Mark Morse Kills Veterans Celebration and Vietnam Memorial Wall

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have found that the developer and most people in The Villages react quite rationally to situations that arise. I guess the experiences of a lifetime reduce the tendency to jump and react brashly. There seem to be a number of reasons why this project hasn't taken hold, and flinging insults at those who find the circumstances of the event to be unworkable is not fair.

Maybe the project proponents should look inwardly and ask themselves why this event at this time is not working. It is most objectionable that they would publicly question the sincerity and, or patriotism of those who are unwilling to participate for what appear to me to be good reason.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I have found that the developer and most people in The Villages react quite rationally to situations that arise. I guess the experiences of a lifetime reduce the tendency to jump and react brashly. There seem to be a number of reasons why this project hasn't taken hold, and flinging insults at those who find the circumstances of the event to be unworkable is not fair.

Maybe the project proponents should look inwardly and ask themselves why this event at this time is not working. It is most objectionable that they would publicly question the sincerity and, or patriotism of those who are unwilling to participate for what appear to me to be good reason.

The Villages is what it is due to the Morse family and aren't we here because of what they have given us? If so don't you think that they (in general) would try to keep this place as close to what was developed as possible.

So when something comes up that could hinder our life style or safety (traffic, stealing etc) wouldn't you think that has to be a concerd?

I think this was more about the safety and liability of 'OUR' community than anything and not pointed at anti war vets.

Look at the whole picture...

aj
Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Too busy to be posting so I'm not looking for an argument. I just want to say that for years people have been working to get an indoor gym for the 80,000 and all the sports that can only be played in a gym. Many petitions, signatures, and money offered. We promised it to be a money maker as we were all willing to pay. We were all given hope for years. This year for the first time, we were told "NEVER". This is just one more small example of the changes I see under Mark. No bashing. I won't be back on TOTV for days as I'm just too busy playing in gyms in other places-I maean out of state.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:

In addition to what you've said, perhaps it's time to put the blame game to an end and start looking forward with planning toward next year, planning that would reduce the possibility of excuses and planning that will make sure that it happens.

Continuing any blame game can only breed resentment that could hinder any efforts towards making sure it will eventually become a reality. Ultimitely, success comes from positive, not negative thinking and actions, and that thinking has to begin with planners!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
In addition to what you've said, perhaps it's time to put the blame game to an end and start looking forward with planning toward next year, planning that would reduce the possibility of excuses and planning that will make sure that it happens.

Continuing any blame game can only breed resentment that could hinder any efforts towards making sure it will eventually become a reality. Ultimitely, success comes from positive, not negative thinking and actions, and that thinking has to begin with planners!
Well said
Old 04-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
Too busy to be posting so I'm not looking for an argument. I just want to say that for years people have been working to get an indoor gym for the 80,000 and all the sports that can only be played in a gym. Many petitions, signatures, and money offered. We promised it to be a money maker as we were all willing to pay. We were all given hope for years. This year for the first time, we were told "NEVER". This is just one more small example of the changes I see under Mark. No bashing. I won't be back on TOTV for days as I'm just too busy playing in gyms in other places-I maean out of state.
I'm not looking for an argument either, but you've made some pretty bold statements that just can't stand alone. Who are WE? I never signed a petition. I never promised it would be a money maker, I never was willing to pay. Who are WE, all 80,000 of us? Perhaps the High School and Elementary School gyms have some unused time the WE could take advantage of.

Just asking.

Xavier
Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

I have never been told that TV lifestyle included a gym. Go to last weeks "Our Place " in the recreational news....good article explaining why there are no gyms, indoor pools, racket ball courts, etc.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I have never been told that TV lifestyle included a gym. Go to last weeks "Our Place " in the recreational news....good article explaining why there are no gyms, indoor pools, racket ball courts, etc.
I'm not on campus and there are a lot of us who had to go north and can't get our paws on that issue Bogie. Could you kind of give us the gist of the article?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Sage

Gracie - I'm not Bogie, but the article basically said that the entire Villages is already planned out, including all the rec centers and what they will or will not contain. To alter the plans for a rec center, say south of 466a, to contain a gym or indoor pool instead of what was already planned may solve the problems of those who want those amenities, but at the cost of removing amenities for those who live near those rec centers. Let's say they put the gym or indoor pool at Odell instead of the meeting rooms, billiard room, etc. Residents of that area would have to go to Truman, or elsewhere to get the same amenities others have at their neighborhood rec center. Is that fair? Apparently the developer thinks not.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I'm not on campus and there are a lot of us who had to go north and can't get our paws on that issue Bogie. Could you kind of give us the gist of the article?
They are posted on the VCDD web site under Recreation Department. Here is the one I was referring to. Enjoy.
http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...es/recnews.pdf
Old 04-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Indoor pools and gyms

Indoor pools are incredibly expensive with high operating costs. If there was a viable market for one , an entrepeneur would construct one someplace near or in The Villages. Many people will answer surveys indicating that they want something until they are called upon to share the costs or pay a fee that covers the costs. I really don't understand what a gym would be used for. Can someone enlighten me ?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM

A large indoor facility could provide a venue for indoor basketball, volleyball, soccer, gymnastics, hockey, tennis, track, martial arts, badminton, and squash/racquetball/handball courts. An indoor pool would provide those who can't take the sun (as is true about all the above) with pool exercise and pool sport opportunities. The school can handle very little for villagers, as the student groups need the facilities 90% of the time, so those facilities are not adequate for the needs of our large community. Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
A large indoor facility could provide a venue for indoor basketball, volleyball, soccer, gymnastics, hockey, tennis, track, martial arts, badminton, and squash/racquetball/handball courts. An indoor pool would provide those who can't take the sun (as is true about all the above) with pool exercise and pool sport opportunities. The school can handle very little for villagers, as the student groups need the facilities 90% of the time, so those facilities are not adequate for the needs of our large community. Hope this helps.
But....Larry. One can play basketball, volleyball, soccer,hockey, and tennis outside. That's the reason we moved to Florida.

And um...gymnastics...for the over 55 bunch???
Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
But....Larry. One can play basketball, volleyball, soccer,hockey, and tennis outside. That's the reason we moved to Florida.

And um...gymnastics...for the over 55 bunch???
Hey Gracie, how about you and me give it a go!

The Villages Florida The Villages Florida The Villages Florida The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-19-2011, 08:59 PM

What a waste of time posting! I was answering a question. Its obivious you never played these sports inside or out. Playing sports outside is NOT why I moved to Florida.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.