Mark Morse Kills Veterans Celebration and Vietnam Memorial Wall

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
What a waste of time posting! I was answering a question. Its obivious you never played these sports inside or out. Playing sports outside is NOT why I moved to Florida.
Enlighten us when you return to your mail (said you were away for several days) ....why did you move to florida? Incidentally, I also never agreed to fund an indoor facility with my amenity fees nor did I expect one when we moved here.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Playing sports outside is NOT why I moved to Florida.
Odd. That's EXACTLY why I'm moving to FL. Well, to each his own. And yes, I play every sport you mentioned. OK, not the gymnastics
Old 04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
What a waste of time posting! I was answering a question. Its obivious you never played these sports inside or out. Playing sports outside is NOT why I moved to Florida.
That's where you are wrong Mary Jane. I was tall for a girl and I played basketball in high school. Our neighborhood had a volleyball group, and I always played tennis and golf. I also played racquetball but never soccer or hockey. I took ballet well into my forties. But I really meant it when I questioned you about gymnastics for seniors.

I am sorry you are disappointed about having no gym, but what made you think you would have an indoor gym? Were you misled by a sales person or did you not understand that this is a CDD form of government?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Too busy to be posting so I'm not looking for an argument. I just want to say that for years people have been working to get an indoor gym for the 80,000 and all the sports that can only be played in a gym. Many petitions, signatures, and money offered. We promised it to be a money maker as we were all willing to pay. We were all given hope for years. This year for the first time, we were told "NEVER". This is just one more small example of the changes I see under Mark. No bashing. I won't be back on TOTV for days as I'm just too busy playing in gyms in other places-I maean out of state.
Larry,

Two thoughts - one is that TV is pretty planned our in advance. The second is that maybe Mark Morse is being more truthful. At least you got an answer - not more stalling.

Not tying to argue either...

k
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

I started watching this post early on because I was interested in the Traveling Wall. When the discussions started getting more contentious than informative, I tuned out. Now I clicked on the last page to see if the American Legion was still hosting this event only to find that the discussion morphed into indoor swimming pools!!! I had to go back 4 pages to find out that the American Legion wasn't able to host after all (the Wall, not the pools).

I'm calling out the hijack cops on all y'all. You guys make my head hurt...
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Guilty Logdog. Sorry.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
I started watching this post early on because I was interested in the Traveling Wall. When the discussions started getting more contentious than informative, I tuned out. Now I clicked on the last page to see if the American Legion was still hosting this event only to find that the discussion morphed into indoor swimming pools!!! I had to go back 4 pages to find out that the American Legion wasn't able to host after all (the Wall, not the pools).

Yeah Boy!! (as we say in the south.)

I don't think TOTV has a hijack cop any more - me thinks he's out eating donuts.... LOL.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Try slipping a pillow between your head and your keyboard. Worked for me!

Xavier
Old 04-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Try slipping a pillow between your head and your keyboard. Worked for me!

Xavier
I tried that and now I've got feathers everywhere...
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:

Amen to that...

aj
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Ya lookn' fer me lad?

The Villages Florida
Old 04-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Not a chance !!

I promised I would stay out of this and not comment but its just to juicy not to...
First of all we could have had a wall , The Morse's were leaning our way ,but no we couldn't leave it at that , we had to start piling on things like traveling bands , floats, Elvis Presley lookalike contests, a retired space shuttle , the Boston Philharmonic orchestra , Top Gun and Red Flag dueling at 2000 ft. and Lee Greenwood in a Ugo...and why do we have to send Greenwood a Royalty every time we want to stand up? We never did it for Kate Smith or Francis Langford...
I'm a Korean Vet and if you want to see a Wall then do what I did , go to Washington DC and see the real thing,
I don't need a song, show me a FLAG.....
"As you were, I'll be in the area all day."

Last edited by The Great Fumar; 04-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
I promised I would stay out of this and not comment but its just to juicy not to...
First of all we could have had a wall , The Morse's were leaning our way ,but no we couldn't leave it at that , we had to start piling on things like traveling bands , floats, Elvis Presley lookalike contests, a retired space shuttle , the Boston Philharmonic orchestra , Top Gun and Red Flag dueling at 2000 ft. and Lee Greenwood in a Ugo...and why do we have to send Greenwood a Royalty every time we want to stand up? We never did it for Kate Smith or Francis Langford...
I'm a Korean Vet and if you want to see a Wall then do what I did , go to Washington DC and see the real thing,
I don't need a song, show me a FLAG.....
"As you were, I be in the area all day."
Old 04-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Default verrry funny stuff!

Quote:
ok - this is one of the funniest posts I read in a long time!! I'm bellylaughing like a 3 year old!!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
I hope for your sake there wasn't any tar involved!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.