Mark Morse Kills Veterans Celebration and Vietnam Memorial Wall

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Sage
Default Does this spell entitlement?

My landlord owns property that would be perfect for my charity's event. Since it would be perfect, we do not want to hold our event anywhere else. We won't accept a lesser offer of another property from the my landlord, because the other property is not as perfect for us as the property we want.

Also, we don't want just one event but more than a half dozen because all of my sister charities want in on the act. No one has ever brought all these charities together before and we cannot do it either without my landlord letting us use the specific property we want because no other is as perfect; coordinating some of our events; paying for some of them; having all of his departments meet with us to coordinate logistics; coordinating yet more events to raise funds for us and taking the advice of a saleman on the safety of his product over the advice of his own experts.

My landlord will not agree to all of this. He should be ashamed of himself.

Of course, I haven't heard the other side of the story yet.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
My landlord owns property that would be perfect for my charity's event. Since it would be perfect, we do not want to hold our event anywhere else. We won't accept a lesser offer of another property from the my landlord, because the other property is not as perfect for us as the property we want.

Also, we don't want just one event but more than a half dozen because all of my sister charities want in on the act. No one has ever brought all these charities together before and we cannot do it either without my landlord letting us use the specific property we want because no other is as perfect; coordinating some of our events; paying for some of them; having all of his departments meet with us to coordinate logistics; coordinating yet more events to raise funds for us and taking the advice of a saleman on the safety of his product over the advice of his own experts.

I like it, no...I love it. Great analogy

Old 04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

"7) Don't kid yourself Mark Morse knew exactly what the plans were, and if he wanted us to work together to find a way to bring these activities to fruition it would have happened. But Mark didn't care. Why? I don't know.

Even a great person can make mistakes and is not beneath criticism. Grand Dad Harold Schwartz and Dad Gary Morse would never have let this occur."

Quote above from togetherwecan. Statement # 7 is totally your opinion, which you are entitled to, but if you never spoke or met with Mark directly it is a meaningless statement in my opinion, sounds like sour grapes to me. Who's kidding who, you never met with Mark so you don't know what his involvement was, and to make a statement that he didn't care is wrong.

Last statement about Harold and Gary is once again totally subjective, you have no way of knowing what they may have done under the circumstances.

I'm sure TV is presented with all kinds of events that are turned down every year. The fact that yours was one of them is just another statistic, doesn't mean it is not a worthwhile event, if you truly believe in this event it will still happen. I just don't believe you needed to go where you did, see #7 above and look at the title of this thread, Mark Morse Kills Veterans....., oh and thanks for thread #2.......................gn

pturner, well said
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
"7) Don't kid yourself Mark Morse knew exactly what the plans were, and if he wanted us to work together to find a way to bring these activities to fruition it would have happened. But Mark didn't care. Why? I don't know.

Even a great person can make mistakes and is not beneath criticism. Grand Dad Harold Schwartz and Dad Gary Morse would never have let this occur."

Quote above from togetherwecan. Statement # 7 is totally your opinion, which you are entitled to, but if you never spoke or met with Mark directly it is a meaningless statement in my opinion, sounds like sour grapes to me. Who's kidding who, you never met with Mark so you don't know what his involvement was, and to make a statement that he didn't care is wrong.

Last statement about Harold and Gary is once again totally subjective, you have no way of knowing what they may have done under the circumstances.

I'm sure TV is presented with all kinds of events that are turned down every year. The fact that yours was one of them is just another statistic, doesn't mean it is not a worthwhile event, if you truly believe in this event it will still happen. I just don't believe you needed to go where you did, see #7 above and look at the title of this thread, Mark Morse Kills Veterans....., oh and thanks for thread #2.......................gn

pturner, well said
NO TOMATO'S HERE Pt! The Villages Florida to both of you!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:

Well Done...

I want to write an editorial, but I think I better stop right here...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Yes, PTurner, again you have shown your skills in analogical arguments. Bravo!

And GN calls 'em right every time!

Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
My opinion, expressed earlier in this thread is unchanged.

Togetherwecare states that
"the Golf Fest, Christmas Parades, Hoe Downs, the proposed Renaisaince Fair in September, horse pulls, concerts, etc. are encouraged to use the Polo Field for the same reasons why we wanted to. Ability to handle large groups and safety."

However, those events either make money, or cost very little. My opinion stands.

Meanwhile, the event is taking place in another location. So why belabor this issue?
EXACTLY! :agree
Old 04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm with ya swim and k9 and many others before, we've debated this one ad nauseum. i am truly sorry togetherwecan had this negative experience because i believe he is dealing with an extremely worthwhile cause and i thank him for all of his efforts. good luck togetherwecan and keep up the good work...gn
Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 AM

As both a proud Vietnam Veteran, (USAF) and an active supporter of wounded veterans, (Grateful American Coin) I am also disappointed to learn this event was canceled. From what was written, it was well thought out and planned and would have been a great tribute to both Veterans and our Troops serving today. I think we can all agree there is nobody more deserving of recognition then our military heroes and veterans.

There are always two sides to a story and it would be nice to hear from the other side exactly why they failed to support this event. I can understand the concern about damaging the polo field and the costs to repair. Perhaps some compromise might be reached agreeable to both sides? While it is too late for any celebration of this scale for 2011, perhaps with a meeting of the minds about the event, 2012 might be the year?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
As both a proud Vietnam Veteran, (USAF) and an active supporter of wounded veterans, (Grateful American Coin) I am also disappointed to learn this event was canceled. From what was written, it was well thought out and planned and would have been a great tribute to both Veterans and our Troops serving today. I think we can all agree there is nobody more deserving of recognition then our military heroes and veterans.

There are always two sides to a story and it would be nice to hear from the other side exactly why they failed to support this event. I can understand the concern about damaging the polo field and the costs to repair. Perhaps some compromise might be reached agreeable to both sides? While it is too late for any celebration of this scale for 2011, perhaps with a meeting of the minds about the event, 2012 might be the year?
I am off campus, but I read in the POA newsletter that it was being held at the American Legion in early June. The American Legion grounds are contiguous to The Villages, right on Rolling Acres Road.

It wasn't cancelled.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Default what is the bottom line?

I too saw that the wall WILL be at the American Legion, so what's the real problem? the Villages group won't get credit for putting this on? that certainly does not seem honorable!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am off campus, but I read in the POA newsletter that it was being held at the American Legion in early June. The American Legion grounds are contiguous to The Villages, right on Rolling Acres Road.

It wasn't cancelled.
Gracie is correct. The event was not cancelled. There never was an event on any schedule, so it is impossible for it to be "cancelled". Seems to me that the event planners/steering committee simply found a different location during their planning process. In that a veterans group is hosting the event, the location sounds very appropriate.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

It is more appropriate to have the "Moving Wall" at the American Legion than on the Polo Grounds.

It is done, the American Legion has agreed to host the Wall. 'Nuff said on this matter.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Default American Legion Has Declined to Host the Vietnam Memorial Traveling Wall

Unforunately, despite what was written in the POA newsletter, the American Legion has declined to host the Vietnam Memorial Traveling Wall. The reason given was that there was insufficient time.

Like everything else written by me these are the facts. You may choose to actually investigate what occurred or speculate. You may check with the American Legion if you like. More important perhaps you should direct your speculation and questions to the Villages Entertainment Department, or to Mark Morse himself. Your choice.

Regardless this would have been a grand series of events that was planned to honor our past, present and, yes, future veterans. It was planned to be respectful with the Traveling Wall and solemn, and at the same time allow for a celebration of the sacrifices of our veterans and their families, including the families and soldiers of our local area, and the children and grand children of our Villages residents.

It was to included ALL or our Villages "Military Groups", non-profit groups aiding current military and their families, as well as many Villages groups who just wanted to show their support. Those of you who have voiced negativity towards our plans are in the small minority.

Unforunately, the support of the few whose assistance was necessary to provide the facilities to make these events come to fruition was not forthcoming. It is on their conscience that they could not care enough, like all those who were behind our plans, to support our troops.

You can refute my "opinions" all you want, but the two previous generations of thoughtful and intelligent leadership and solid businessmen WOULD NEVER HAVE SPIT in the faces of the Village's residents like the present generation of VILLAGES of Lake Sumter, Inc. has.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.