Marriage

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
In our case, the rocks in his head fit the holes in mine!
Very cute!
Old 05-22-2017, 03:58 PM

With two working parents, five kids wth all their activities and occasional "disagreements" concerning money, an occasional wrench got thrown into the works. We survived it all and have been married 39 years.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
This means either you were widowed twice or if you were divorced twice, then they could not have been happy marriages.
maybe he was divorced 3 times and is very happy
Old 05-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
We're from the Boston suburbs and married in 1972, 45 years.

We're from Boston as well. Married 48 years in August

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post

Originally from MA, married 48 years this August, too!
Old 05-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post

Bless your wife. 48 years damn that's good. Congratulations to you both a real accomplishment. Mom deserves a special meal. Try that Rose Plantation, you won't be disappointed. Bless you also Mr. Dave. Wicked good!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:33 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I was sadden when my daughter divorced and surprised when she said to us "You and Mom made it look easy".

I apologized explaining that we believed the difficult parts of marriage ought to remain between husband and wife. We were reared in the age of reticence
Old 05-23-2017, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I was sadden when my daughter divorced and surprised when she said to us "You and Mom made it look easy".

I apologized explaining that we believed the difficult parts of marriage ought to remain between husband and wife. We were reared in the age of reticence
How true Rubicon, we were never allowed to see any problems in the home. My Mother was the strong partner and my Father liked a quiet life. In my case we are both very strong willed, but we make it work.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-23-2017, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Bless your wife. 48 years damn that's good. Congratulations to you both a real accomplishment. Mom deserves a special meal. Try that Rose Plantation, you won't be disappointed. Bless you also Mr. Dave. Wicked good!

I'm a very lucky guy, Nucky.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

45 years this November. Good times, bad times, sad times. its a work in progress, never take anything for granted.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

From Pittsburgh. We'll be married 47 years in August. My divorced friends used to tell me how lucky I was to have my husband. So true. But I did point out it takes two to tango. Our two sons and their spouses say they are the only ones of their friends whose parents have had just one marriage. I like to think the examples shown by the three sets of parents taught them about commitment.

It helps that he likes cats and dogs. And travel. And anything I cook. Lately. Early on, I'm not so sure.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
From Pittsburgh. We'll be married 47 years in August. My divorced friends used to tell me how lucky I was to have my husband. So true. But I did point out it takes two to tango. Our two sons and their spouses say they are the only ones of their friends whose parents have had just one marriage. I like to think the examples shown by the three sets of parents taught them about commitment.

It helps that he likes cats and dogs. And travel. And anything I cook. Lately. Early on, I'm not so sure.
If a girlfriend is still holding the cutlery after making the meal and I am trying it; I am making her out to be usually the next Top Chef.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well said.

It is our first marriage, but it is more luck than sense on my part to have found him when I was not old enough yet to know what a prize he was and is. And before he knew what a ....load I am.

Many of our friends have been divorced a couple of times. And many are widowed. Many are living together as a couple to preserve their inheritances for their heirs.

Sometimes I think that the only folks who want to get married anymore are gay.
Gracie darling, Honey and I have been together since 1976; we got married in 2004 when several brilliant Massachusetts Supreme Court justices declared it unconstitutional to deny marriage rights to same-sex couples. I knew he was he right guy then, and haven't dated another man since.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Gracie darling, Honey and I have been together since 1976; we got married in 2004 when several brilliant Massachusetts Supreme Court justices declared it unconstitutional to deny marriage rights to same-sex couples. I knew he was he right guy then, and haven't dated another man since.
Love is a wonderful thing. Marriage is a complicated thing. Many of us have managed to circumvent the roadblocks and find enduring happiness. I am grateful and happy to be around people who enjoy each other and live comfortably together.

I am thinking that our happiness has more to do with luck than sense. Many of our friends didn't find the right person on their first try, but are happy in their second or third marriage. Some are living with people that are very challenging.

I celebrate your happiness HenryK. The love of my life is named Henry too.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

If my Bride is happy, I B 2.

Thru thick or thin..............but we don't talk about who is thick or thin.
Closed Thread

Tags
i’m, curious, marriages, you’re, n.y

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.