Mask wearing to continue for me.

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2021, 06:02 PM

Sorry for your diagnosis. Hope you do well with treatment.
Your post is a good reminder that mask wearing is not political. Take care.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,510 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
My father who was born in 1898 contracted the Spanish Flu and survived. He was almost 94 when he died.
That's great that he survived it. Has nothing to do with my post, which was in response to someone who insists that the *only* people who died from it were vaccinated. Even though - there was no vaccine for Spanish Flu that millions of people took. Just more fiction on this forum.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Thanks, I believe I gathered that. But even IF his physician is an oncologist, and IF he was only seeing patients with active disease, there is no concrete evidence that the vaccine is substantially less effective in those with hematologic malignancies, over and above the immunosuppression that goes with those disorders, and certainly not at 1000 times the national rate in general.
Agree, but, I hold the belief that people need to do what makes them feel safe and confident, I believe it is a fundamental for good mental health and this pandemic really made that so obvious. The amount and degree to which people began to argue with others over things like wearing "cute" masks made of cotton fabric, was amazing. Yet, such masks made some people feel protected, others felt safe and protected by wearing full face shields made of plastic. It became so obvious over these months of the unknown, that is was so important for people to at least feel they were doing "something" to feel safe. Frankly I believe we have a lot yet to learn about this particular "plague", so while I personally have had nothing in my education that tells me a home made cotton fabric mask protects from any type of microbe, I would never try to convince others to adopt my opinion. Seems there is a awful lot of that type of thing on social media already. Do what makes you feel happy and confident.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:52 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyg View Post
Sorry for your diagnosis. Hope you do well with treatment.
Your post is a good reminder that mask wearing is not political. Take care.
Yes, wishing you the very best and a complete recovery; follow YOUR doctor's suggestions (if you have faith in him/her of course) and ignore remarks and suggestions of others. You need to do what is best for YOU, others need to decide their own path. ALL individual's deserve more respect than some pay them.... so many seem to feel confident ONLY if they can get you to do what they do ! LOL ! !
Old 06-16-2021, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
As a research academic geek type, I was thinking the very same thing ! I also ran the stats as you did, came up with nearly same figures. Something IS REALLY MISSING from this doctor's, or villages, stats, that is for sure. Not sure what it is, could be some variables are unstated ? Or, even unknown ? But yes, something is wrong about this. Hope all will discuss with their doctors, the thought of going through the rest of life in a mask would be daunting, but, if it must be it must be. I wonder if the REAL death rate from Covid is this huge in The V's ? You never hear how many per day or week are still dying from it do you ? News reported cruise ship with fully vaccinated crew had 19 members developed Covid.... must to discover yet about all this. Could they have had active Covid at the same time they were being vaccinated ? I fear we are going to be learning more and more int he future, some may not be good news !
Yes, but if you look at the excerpt from the Lancet that I posted in #12, it is possible that an oncologist with a patient population of mostly immunocompromised patients could have a breakthrough rate up to 100x the general population, so his statement could be accurate
Old 06-16-2021, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I read in the NY Times that 10% of new cases is the DELTA variant, more contagious and more DEADLY. It is estimated that because of DELTA and many states opening completely recently that cases will tick up. And in the fall with schools and other factors, cases could tick up again as unvaccinated people get CV.
There's a new variant called the DELTA variant?

Gee, I wish someone had brought that info to everyone's attention...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-16-2021, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Those harping on the increased death rate should look at the chart in post #125...

Yes, we've seen a slow creep in the increase in per capita deaths. It's been going on for 6-7 years. Well before covid...

What could possibly be the cause of the creep? Oh, I dunno'... Maybe all of the Baby Boomers reaching the age where death is a distinct possibility?

The largest population bubble in history is now 60-75+ years old... Nah, that can't possibly be it...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-16-2021, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Not all masks are the same. Some even split your droplets into smaller particles which allows them to stay in the air longer. Covering the face is a psychological comfort. ESP since few know how to take them on and off without contaminating themselves.
Very true of those neck gators. That was established very early on in this pandemic. Even wearing double thickness neck gators, they split droplets into much smaller aerosols. And to think.....many sports teams use neck gators with their logos on them. I never understood why.

Tags
vaccine, mask, moving, mine, cancers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.