Mask wearing hypocrisy

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 07:27 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts
Default Mask wearing hypocrisy

We have been told that wearing a mask isn’t for the safety of the wearer, it’s for the safety of others. Therefore if you don’t wear a mask, you are selfish, you don’t care about others. The same people complain endlessly about servers in restaurants not wearing masks. So, let me get this straight, it’s okay for you to go to a restaurant and infect your server - That’s not selfish?!? You want your server to wear a mask so they can’t spread the virus to you, but you have no problem sitting at your table, potentially spreading the virus to your server?!? If you were truly concerned about others, you wouldn’t be eating at a restaurant. Or are you really only worried about yourself...
Old 07-01-2020, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,592 Times in 5,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
We have been told that wearing a mask isn’t for the safety of the wearer, it’s for the safety of others. Therefore if you don’t wear a mask, you are selfish, you don’t care about others. The same people complain endlessly about servers in restaurants not wearing masks. So, let me get this straight, it’s okay for you to go to a restaurant and infect your server - That’s not selfish?!? You want your server to wear a mask so they can’t spread the virus to you, but you have no problem sitting at your table, potentially spreading the virus to your server?!? If you were truly concerned about others, you wouldn’t be eating at a restaurant. Or are you really only worried about yourself...
I think that wearing a mask is for the protection of both the person wearing it and those nearby. Here is what Dr. Fauci recently said to Congress.

"Masks are extremely important," Fauci said, adding, "There's no doubt that wearing masks protects you and gets you to be protected. So it's people protecting each other. Anything that furthers the use of masks, whether it's giving out free masks or any other mechanism, I am thoroughly in favor of."
Old 07-01-2020, 07:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think that wearing a mask is for the protection of both the person wearing it and those nearby. Here is what Dr. Fauci recently said to Congress.

"Masks are extremely important," Fauci said, adding, "There's no doubt that wearing masks protects you and gets you to be protected. So it's people protecting each other. Anything that furthers the use of masks, whether it's giving out free masks or any other mechanism, I am thoroughly in favor of."
This is what the CDC says about masks: “ The CDC recommends that members of the public use simple cloth face coverings when in a public setting to slow the spread of the virus, since this will help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.”
Not to stop you from getting it, but to stop you from spreading it.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

not being able to take off one's mask in a restaurant to eat would certainly seem to defeat the whole purpose of going to a
restaurant...

many of these restaurants were not set up for a large scale 'take out' service ...they are struggling to survive and keep their staff employed

no easy solution on this one other than we all use common sense
Old 07-01-2020, 12:14 PM
John41

put your face mask on when your server approaches your table then take it off to eat.... we are going to learn to tolerate a little inconvenience to keep others safe and keep the economy open do people have jobs.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Moderators should merge the 500 mask troll threads into one mask superthread

The Villages Florida
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It ain't gonna kill you to wear a mask in public.

But it might kill somebody if you don't.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
You wear it for the greater good.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:43 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Moderators should merge the 500 mask troll threads into one mask superthread

The Villages Florida
Old 07-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
You wear it for the greater good.
So screw the server, as long as you, the patron of the restaurant don’t get the virus, the greater good has been served?
Old 07-01-2020, 03:17 PM
Default Mask Hysteria

As of this morning, 145,000 cases in Florida. 3400 deaths. Do the Math. All across the country the death rate from this virus has gone way way down. It is now just hovering above 2%. The regular flu kills 60,000 people a year and approximately 1% of people who get influenza die from it. So this particular virus is at 2% now. I’ll be darned if I’m going to live my life in a cocoon and this ridiculous hysteria that everyone has. If you feel that you want To wear a mask in public and in stores by all means I will honor that I will keep my 6 feet from you I will not try to make you feel uncomfortable if you want to live in a cocoon you go right ahead but don’t criticize me for not feeling uncomfortable going on with my life and not Shaking in my boots that I’m going to get this virus or die from it. Number one I am not afraid of getting it if I happen to get it I feel confident that I will be one of the 98% that will fully recover. Years from now they’re going to look back at this ridiculous hysteria and realize that throughout history we have had serious viruses and never reacted like this and fully recovered. Again I will keep my social distancing I will not make you feel uncomfortable by coming up and hugging you or getting anywhere near you but I will also feel very very comfortable going on with my life and not looking silly driving around by myself in the car with the windows rolled up an air conditioner on with a mask on.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:47 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
As of this morning, 145,000 cases in Florida. 3400 deaths. Do the Math. All across the country the death rate from this virus has gone way way down. It is now just hovering above 2%. The regular flu kills 60,000 people a year and approximately 1% of people who get influenza die from it. So this particular virus is at 2% now. I’ll be darned if I’m going to live my life in a cocoon and this ridiculous hysteria that everyone has. If you feel that you want To wear a mask in public and in stores by all means I will honor that I will keep my 6 feet from you I will not try to make you feel uncomfortable if you want to live in a cocoon you go right ahead but don’t criticize me for not feeling uncomfortable going on with my life and not Shaking in my boots that I’m going to get this virus or die from it. Number one I am not afraid of getting it if I happen to get it I feel confident that I will be one of the 98% that will fully recover. Years from now they’re going to look back at this ridiculous hysteria and realize that throughout history we have had serious viruses and never reacted like this and fully recovered. Again I will keep my social distancing I will not make you feel uncomfortable by coming up and hugging you or getting anywhere near you but I will also feel very very comfortable going on with my life and not looking silly driving around by myself in the car with the windows rolled up an air conditioner on with a mask on.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 07-01-2020, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
👍👍👍
Old 07-01-2020, 05:54 PM

Pass
Old 07-01-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
put your face mask on when your server approaches your table then take it off to eat.... we are going to learn to tolerate a little inconvenience to keep others safe and keep the economy open do people have jobs.
ridiculous
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, wearing, server, virus, selfish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.