Mask wearing hypocrisy

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2020, 03:15 PM
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
I guess the question is - how much more proof do we need that this virus is not nearly as deadly as once feared? All of this mask wearing feels like enabling hysteria to me. Actual science is telling us that things are not that bad.
I couldn’t have said it better. Mark my words, years from now they will look back at this virus hysteria and will have learned from it. Laugh if you want but letting a group of doctors and worse than that politicians who issue executive orders, dictate to us how we will act, how we will behave, ordering the closing of schools, businesses, restaurants, stay at home orders, erodes the fundamental rights people have to choose. We all know that cigarettes cause lung cancer and kill hundreds of thousands every year yet we give people the right to choose to smoke.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrose19337 View Post
Has everyone forgotten that the CDC initially told us mask wearing wasn't necessary and could even be counter-productive in the prevention/spread of this new disease?

(The mind staggers when seeing some of the filthy face coverings some people are walking around with and to know how many germs are being harbored right there on their face.)

Now, the CDC tell us how absolutely necessary mask wearing is.

So, were they lying to us then or are they lying to us now?
Last time I answered this post the moderators deleted it for some unknown reason. Bottom line is a little reading sometimes 'learns ya' sometin.' I might suggest searching for the reasons they originally said to not wear them. You could become informed.

ONE out of the numerous reasons was at the time they said that (back in March I believe) there was a shortage of any PPE type of equipment and they didn't want people hording them and keeping them from the first responders. Most people were PAYING ATTENTION and staying home and didn't really have enough need for them to keep them away from first responders. Also over time, unlike many, they learned something and modified their position.

As I am SURE you really do understand it had nothing to do with lying, just learning. If you want to actually look for real lying about the virus there are many other obvious places to look.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
If I were symptomatic I would stay home.
I find it hard to believe anyone at this point in time does not comprehend many are non-symptomatic and this disease can be transmitted by people without symptoms?

You are playing Russian roulette thinking otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	50DCA49E-C079-4F11-BAAD-16999AF1CB28.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	84960  
Old 07-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
We all know that cigarettes cause lung cancer and kill hundreds of thousands every year yet we give people the right to choose to smoke.
No, not really. You picked a poor analogy. You can't "choose to" smoke anywhere in crowded public spaces. You are prevented from smoking in public buildings of any kind. You're choice to poison yourself in your own home, in your car or far from me outside but not in any store or restaurant or airport or theater or movie or bar or men's room or ladies room or doctors office or hospital or dog pound or bakery and many other places where your smoking could harm others. Smoking is far more limited than the courtesy of wearing a mask when in those same places to protect others. So while you have the choice to smoke your choice to smoke inside public places is virtually non-existent. SUCH TYRANNY!
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:06 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.
Me too... Villagers have bought into the hysteria.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
I couldn’t have said it better. Mark my words, years from now they will look back at this virus hysteria and will have learned from it. Laugh if you want but letting a group of doctors and worse than that politicians who issue executive orders, dictate to us how we will act, how we will behave, ordering the closing of schools, businesses, restaurants, stay at home orders, erodes the fundamental rights people have to choose. We all know that cigarettes cause lung cancer and kill hundreds of thousands every year yet we give people the right to choose to smoke.
Silly post....throwing "rights" around like you are the only one with them, there are those that have their rights as well and they disagree with yours. Comparing cigarettes to this is also silly and oh yeah, it was a group of doctors and worse than that politicians who dictated to us how we will act, how we will behave. Businesses got right on board and shut out the smokers who probably feel they have a right to smoke. I know, it's all and only about you.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, wearing, server, virus, selfish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.