masks in rec centers

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It was always recommended, along with gloves. Highly recommended it you’re within 6 feet of someone that you don’t live with. Not supposed to get closer than 6 feet To the employee when signing in, they have lines on the floor and sideway entry.
Actually gloves are NOT recommended and not at all necessary.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I do not wear gloves but do wash my hands frequently and thoroughly. Today I pumped gas and visited an ATM. Just used a baggy over my right hand.
You obviously are right handed . I use both hands only because I don't want to wear out both hands.

It makes perfect sense to me.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
Wonder why they did this
Give John Rohan a call and Wonder no more.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:57 AM
Default Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It was always recommended, along with gloves. Highly recommended it you’re within 6 feet of someone that you don’t live with. Not supposed to get closer than 6 feet To the employee when signing in, they have lines on the floor and sideway entry.
Just curious how you think gloves are helping you. You still touch things and then potentially touch your face. Same thing happens with a glove as with your ungloved hand. Just don’t touch your face
Old 05-29-2020, 05:59 AM

Thank you. This mask thing is nothing more than another method to demonstrate how the powerful can control the sheep. This, or any virus, the CDC now tells us, is unlikely to be contracted from touching a surface or by simply being around someone. You have to somehow consume droplets of saliva. Also, a virus ranges from 20 to 400 nanometres which will escape a mask very easily. If you arent wearing a mask, or even if you are, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Didn't your mother teach you that long ago? Wake up people and stop being controlled.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Masks are virtually useless. If you’ve been reading what many doctors and epidemiologist say, their value is mostly just psychological. Anyone that is still paranoid about Covid which now has a mortality rate no worse than the flu, should probably just stay home and quit expecting everyone else to share in their paranoia.I respect The Villages’s decision to not force those of us that do not believe in masks to have to wear them. I think this is still America!
Not sure which doctors and epidemiologists you are following either. Anything less than an N95 is minimally effective to guard yourself, but almost any kind of mask reduces the risk of the nearly 50% of people who are asymptomatic from spreading it. I dont watch much Fox News, but i do pay attention to our own scientists and lead doctors, and those of other 1rst world countries around the globe are recommending. As well as CDC and WHO and others. When there are successful vaccines and effective treatments for this virus in existence (NOT hydroxychloroquine), THEN we can call it the flu. Right now, its the extremely high transmission/contagion rate that is the outstanding feature and its ability to explode and decimate hospital capabilities. Look at what is happening in Brazil and Peru and other Latin American countries. Mexico has been noted for excellent medical facilities, and the are drowning now. As far as the mortality rate, ....maybe. But 100,000 Americans dying in a matter of a few months is nothing to sneer at. Open your eyes, and show some respect for those who might be better informed and more at risk than yourself.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Masks are virtually useless. If you’ve been reading what many doctors and epidemiologist say, their value is mostly just psychological. Anyone that is still paranoid about Covid which now has a mortality rate no worse than the flu, should probably just stay home and quit expecting everyone else to share in their paranoia.I respect The Villages’s decision to not force those of us that do not believe in masks to have to wear them. I think this is still America!
I disagree. Masks will stop your coughs and sneezes from carrying virus droplets out into the air. They will not stop you from breathing in the virus. Wearing a mask should be seen as a sign of courtesy - I'm not going to infect you.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:10 AM
Default Masks in rec centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
They just eliminated me from any activities when they changed from requiring you to wear a mask to "requesting" you wear one. I think I am free of virus, but I don't trust everyone else. Better safe than sorry if someone else does not care about you.
No new cases in The Villages since April 28 so just who you gonna catch the virus from? And don't say "asymptomatic carriers" because if they've been around for the last month, they would have infected some of those golfers, dancers, restaurant goers, etc, etc whose pictures have been posted on this site.

https://floridadisaster.org/globalas...compressed.pdf
Old 05-29-2020, 06:10 AM

Let's face it, The Villages management (Rohan/Morse) is interested in only one thing - money. They will open The Villages to the fullest extent regardless of how many people are sickened or die if doing so means more money in their pockets.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

We should have been wearing mask for many years to protect people from flu cases and deaths.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Masks useless?!! This is what they said at the beginning of the pandemic, most likely to save the health sector's PPE from being overbought by the public. It's very clear that masks are used by healthcare providers to protect THEMSELVES from infectious disease they may be subject to. They can't tell us they don't protect US if we wear them, it makes no sense.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Can't make it up

You can't make it up that a number of people actually challenge the need for masks to protect against the spread of the virus! It is to protect the "other person" not the wearer! SO, saying you will not wear a mask is like saying you don't care about ther other person,
It is a pretty solid fact that a sneeze or a cough can spread the virus. It is a fact that a person who receives the droplets from a sneeze or cough can catch the virus. It is a solid fact that masks protect against the droplets from spreading. It is a solid fact that persons
who will not wear a mask don't care about the other person getting hit with droplets! It is a fact you can't make this stuff up!!
Old 05-29-2020, 06:26 AM

Yes if you are weak or fearful stay home. Let all others enjoy their lives.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:29 AM

Mask's help control the droplets when you sneeze or cough. That's fine if you are sneezing and coughing, but I have not seen people out in public sneezing and coughing uncontrolled. I think if you are, you should not be out. Remember when people carried handkerchiefs to sneeze and cough into? Come on people, exercise some common sense.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I agree, masks should, for the time being, be REQUIRED for INDOOR rec center activities. But to be clear, "they" did not eliminate you from activities, you eliminated yourself. And that may be a wise choice, only you can decide. Personally, I don't understand the objections to indoor masks. They're easy, help reduce the spread of the virus, and are a courtesy to those who are being extra careful. But more and more retail stores have dropped the mask requirement, some request them, others have no sign out at all. Hopefully this does not result in a "second wave"
Agree mask indoors Should be required, but it’s a shame Gator had to eliminate himself. All this because one guy won’t wear a mask. Called it political
Closed Thread

Tags
wear, virus, trust, safe, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.