masks in rec centers

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2020, 06:48 AM

Masks are required if you can not maintain 6 feet of social distancing
Go back and read the rec news.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Masks are virtually useless for protecting the wearer. Masks are very effective to slow the spread of disease. Just wondering where you get your information. Scratching my head on that one.
Dr Russell Blaylock — google his information — states that they provide no protection. My own experience (admittedly non-scientific) bears out his believe that I am re-breathing and ingesting my carbon dioxide. I get a headache when wearing them, and have been unable to head to the rec centers as a result.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
As for me, in public venues I wear a mask indoors but rarely outdoors.
Well, I wear a COURTESY mask almost everywhere, including when I’m outside. I wear it when walking, riding my bike, and even in my golf cart. And, here’s why.

Yesterday morning I was riding my bike between the Colony tunnel and the road leading to Walmart when someone passed me in his red, Yamaha golf cart. Just after he pulled back in front of me, he sneezed out the side of his cart. He wasn’t wearing a mask and made no attempt to cover his sneeze. As I was just 20 feet behind him and going about 15 mph, I ended up riding right through that cloud of germs. There was nothing I could do to avoid it. I probably got germs all over me, including in my eyes. If this inconsiderate @#$&! is infected with C-19, there’s a possibility that I am now infected. As an asthmatic male over 65, that doesn’t bode well for me.

So, if you refuse to wear a COURTESY mask, just remember that you are committing reckless endangerment on your fellow human beings if you are unwittingly infected with C-19. This isn’t a matter of rights—it’s a matter of common courtesy and caring about the welfare of others. By refusing to wear a mask, you are condemning at-risk people to never venturing outside. You are taking away THEIR right to enjoy life in this trying time.

Just wear the stupid mask, already, and quit being such an inconsiderate snowflake! I’m not directing that comment at manaboutown, but to the militant people who think that being asked to wear a courtesy mask is an attack on their rights.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:01 AM
Send a message via AIM to USA2170

See ya....
Old 05-29-2020, 07:06 AM

You will not be missed. Masks have always been optional. Legally you are not required to wear
Old 05-29-2020, 07:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

What baloney! Stay home! I refuse to wear a mask for the rest of my life. If vaccines are so effect against the flu, why do you have to get one every year and why is it only about 50 percent effective? How long will it take, if ever, to have a vaccine for this? This thing is here to stay. All you can do is be as careful as you can and stop buying into the fear mongering.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:14 AM

The mortality rate of 100,000 people in three months is a great deal more than the flu which isn’t that high in a year. The masks are effective in reducing the droplets from a person. It’s only logical that they help both people. A person sheds droplets that can hang in the air for up to 14 minutes inside a room after they have left. It’s interesting that people have trouble wearing a mask that is not 100 percent protective but does protect to a certain extent. Is it vanity? Why is it so difficult. I would think that a mask would be better than risking a ventilator.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,537 Times in 1,461 Posts
Default So sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
Yes if you are weak or fearful stay home. Let all others enjoy their lives.
So sorry for you that the simple wearing of a mask in public would totally destroy your ability to enjoy your life.
Your emotional weakness and fearfulness of possibly being thought of as being "controlled" or "paranoid" is truly sad. If seeing people wearing masks in buildings acting responsibly and showing compassion and consideration for others is so frightening, maybe you should be the one to stay home and let the rest of us enjoy our lives.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:22 AM

Darn
This means I can’t French kiss the checkout lady at Publix?
😳🙀😆
Old 05-29-2020, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Wait -- Wait-- Wait a minute!!!!
I just thought -- Hey! Maybe I should wear a hardhat too, because:
THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!

But really, a mask DOES help if the wearer is prone to sneezing
or coughing. It reduces the spread of droplets, which is the medium
that carries the virus if that person is infected.

Personally I don't wear a mask, as I'm a believer in
the herd immunity theory.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:26 AM

Care about others or care only about yourself. Easy choice. And the masks are an easy indicator of exactly which camp you fall into.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:27 AM
Default Amen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
They just eliminated me from any activities when they changed from requiring you to wear a mask to "requesting" you wear one. I think I am free of virus, but I don't trust everyone else. Better safe than sorry if someone else does not care about you.
Amen!! I just do not understand why one would not wear a mask if that one step would stop the spread of the virus. I may not have the virus, but I could certainly spread it if I did not wear a mask.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
What baloney! Stay home! I refuse to wear a mask for the rest of my life. If vaccines are so effect against the flu, why do you have to get one every year and why is it only about 50 percent effective? How long will it take, if ever, to have a vaccine for this? This thing is here to stay. All you can do is be as careful as you can and stop buying into the fear mongering.
WHAT FEAR MONGERING? How old are YOU? If you are over 65 you had better be a little afraid of this damn bug.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:30 AM
Default Who are you going to catch the Virus from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWilliams View Post
No new cases in The Villages since April 28 so just who you gonna catch the virus from? And don't say "asymptomatic carriers" because if they've been around for the last month, they would have infected some of those golfers, dancers, restaurant goers, etc, etc whose pictures have been posted on this site.

https://floridadisaster.org/globalas...compressed.pdf

The Villagers have been amazing at sticking to their lockdown, protecting themselves when out and wearing masks. The reason is simple, we are far more vulnerable to dying than the younger crowd outside the village. I am personally not concerned about other villagers and would feel comfortable even in closer proximity at social gatherings.
However, out side the villages, the infection rates are much higher. The danger to villagers is not other villagers, it is from the younger waiters, clerks, cooks, bartenders who live outside and have been far less dilligent about protecting themselves.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Maybe because they shy well away from insisting that anyone does anything. Like saving chairs...And petting Buffalo. They tried very hard like double fencing those buffalo. People kept lifting their grandkids over the fence until one got hurt and now the buffalo are gone...……. They conveniently decided to redo the squares when the pandemic descended. I rather like they treat us like grown ups....

Also. A CDD probably can't enforce things that are just directions from the State Government level.
Sumter County can.

BTW, when people stop acting like children, maybe they will be treated like adults.
Closed Thread

Tags
wear, virus, trust, safe, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.