Massey Services

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The point was, if J does not have a large friend base, posting of FB will not be effective.
Wow, would of never figured that out, Mr. Helpful.
Excuse me, now Mr. Wonderful??
Old 11-18-2021, 08:24 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdm1222 View Post
Wow, would of never figured that out, Mr. Helpful.
Excuse me, now Mr. Wonderful??

I'm still helpful.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
If not Massey then who is recommended? New to TV and looking for recommendations on lawn maintenance.
SO NOT USE DEANS!! They are worse than Massey - get an independent company that WANTS your business- I used DEANS and they stopped doing my lawn when I was a snowbird and continued to charge me - pics from my neighbor showed them how they are scammers!! YOU ARE WARNED!!
Old 11-18-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
We have used Fertigator for 9 years and are very happy.
Not sure if they are taking new customers..............but it's worth a call.
Just for straight mowing, there are a number of small guys out there.
Also, check with neighbors.
Good Luck.
we use dean's for mowing, but am having problems finding someone to trim shrubs/tree. does fertigator do shrubs?
Old 11-18-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
SO NOT USE DEANS!! They are worse than Massey - get an independent company that WANTS your business- I used DEANS and they stopped doing my lawn when I was a snowbird and continued to charge me - pics from my neighbor showed them how they are scammers!! YOU ARE WARNED!!
deans is ok for us, as all they do is mowing & blowing dirt away. sorry you got scammed
Old 11-18-2021, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
By you posting your experience it has cost them business with profits far exceeding what they owe you. I don't understand why companies do that in this age of social media. If someone wants a pre-payment that means they don't have enough money to stay around without cheating people. I would never pay in advance for anything.
I don't pay anyone in advance, including Massey. They only get paid when they perform a service.

I won't hire Dean's because they require a credit card that they can automatically charge.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default The Worst

We had Massey for a few years and they destroyed part of our lawn and then tried to allegedly lie their selves out of it. We fired them and hired Dean. The decision appears to be the right one, Massey would show up spend 2-3 minutes spraying a rather small area
and 4-5 minutes preparing the bill. Yesterday Dean had 2 persons spend over 45 minutes a piece working the lawn. There are a number of homes around who have had the same experience with Massey and I see there are others by reviewing the TOTV input.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

I have used Massey for 10 years for lawn and bug treatment and have never had a problem. I have a big piece of property and it is free of weeds, red ants etc. Watch out who you hire. The grass always looks greener when you first hire a new company. I was recently given a new termite contract for 10 years by Massey, with a pretreatment at a very fair price. I have hardly had any bugs in my house (few Anoles), and an occasional roach will fly in, but they are quickly removed.I use an independent guy for sprinklers and another for Lawn maintenance.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

We had Massey for three services and now only one/

Hired them for irrigation service and started off a year ago great.

Than over the year had total of 5 service calls and than each guy (five different ones) set up irrigation differently. Asked them to call and make an appt and that happened once.

Asked for renewal a few weeks ago told them why not and didnt seem to care.

Hired them for fertilizing and weeding and not satisfied and gave that elsewhere.

Guy doing pesticide is good guy doing fine and keeping that service only.
Old 11-18-2021, 12:34 PM
Default Community Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
We're sorry for your experience. Our records do indicate that one of our crews missed your service on June 6, 2016. You likely remember that we dispatched a crew immediately after this mistake and even credited your account for twice the value of that service for any inconvenience.

Despite this correction, you demanded more money and ultimately your account had to be cancelled by a senior member of Management because you were abusive to our staff during their efforts to help.

Several years have passed, and I'm sorry this is still a concern, but we hope you've had time to find another company that's a better fit for your needs. In the meanwhile, we remain proud of our outstanding reputation (A+ BBB) and willingness to address concerns fairly and honestly.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersweeney View Post
I think they spray water out of their little jugs….
That's food for thought.

I always wondered when they come with those large tanker trucks in front of your house
and act like their spraying chemicals, what's in those tanks and if it's diluted.

I'd like to collect a sample and have a lab tell me what it is and how strong the solution is .

Last edited by Michael G.; 11-18-2021 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

As far as Massy, I'm sure they mean well, it just harder to fine good help these days
Old 11-18-2021, 02:24 PM
Default Alternative to Massey for lawn service and plantings

I am interested in an alternative. Any recommendations? Is there such a thing as a gardening service in the area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
If not Massey then who is recommended? New to TV and looking for recommendations on lawn maintenance.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I have used Massey for 10 years for lawn and bug treatment and have never had a problem. I have a big piece of property and it is free of weeds, red ants etc. Watch out who you hire. The grass always looks greener when you first hire a new company. I was recently given a new termite contract for 10 years by Massey, with a pretreatment at a very fair price. I have hardly had any bugs in my house (few Anoles), and an occasional roach will fly in, but they are quickly removed.I use an independent guy for sprinklers and another for Lawn maintenance.
Massey does a great job for me on bug control, weed prevention, irrigation, and termite prevention. I do not use them for mowing, tree trimming or bush trimming.
I would love a recommendation for someone who would select proper plants for the area and keep them healthy for ne. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:33 PM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIII View Post
I'm waiting for a refund too... lets see if we get it.
It maybe that the mail is slow!!
Closed Thread

Tags
corporate, number, weeks, massey, process

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.