May have spotted the Snoop

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Sage

She has a pet peeve about "little white crosses" and American Flags on the lawn--those where the only houses she stopped at.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
Pass the popcorn please!
Old 09-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

I invite this woman to give is a descrition of the man who approached you a video recorded you.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Pass the popcorn please!
Yes and I saw more dog poop today.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
If true, she has been a menace to many peoples well meaning happiness .. what a shame if the tables were turned a bit..
Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
She is a menace because she is helping maintain TV's appearance standards, as spelled out in covenants we all "signed off on" when we bought?
I don't follow your logic.....unless you think people's happiness is dependent upon their choosing to ignore our rules.
Valuemkt, I think this is a situation which will forever polarize residents.
But I'm curious, why did you sign the deed restrictions if you feel strongly that yard ornaments should be allowed?

Last edited by Barefoot; 09-07-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Let people put lawn ornaments, what's the crime on our postage stamp lots ?-- My neighbor is retired army he has a small statute of a soldier saluting the flag

Maybe it will stop her for making other peoples' live miserable--they came to TV, to spend their retirement , free from condo commando's
What part of "no lawn ornaments" dont you get?
Old 09-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Chatbrat and others are the exact reason that annonymous reporting is needed and will stay in place. This is absolutley a call to retaliate.

Just what do want someone to do once you give them the 'good description'? As soon as a story comes out that this woman was harmed, you can beam with pride that you enabled it to happen.

Please move away. Hateful people have no place here.

+1. While I never had strong feelings one way or the other with respect to anonymous violation reporting, I sure do understand the reason for it now and fully support the concept.

I hope the TV powers that be read this thread and never change the policy. We don’t need self-appointed vigilantes.

If I were stopped by someone and asked what I’m doing, I’d have some choice words, and if that person started videoing me, I’d call the Sheriff.

Maybe the heat got to the OP. We can only hope.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

I started a thread a few weeks ago about how my son was anonymously reported for his lawn not being in compliance, because it was done in stone. So, he fly's down to deal with the compliance dept, and has made arrangements to have it taken care of, even though the home was sold to him by The Villages as low maintenance a month or two before the complaint. The morning of the day he's returning home, he finds another notice on the door that someone has anonymously reported that now his backyard is out of compliance. This is going on in a patio villa neighborhood that has 20+ homes that also have all stone landscaping, but, according to the compliance dept., only three complaints. Now, I understand the need for compliance to keep our home's value and appearance held to a high standard, but this anonymous reporting goes both ways. While some may have a perfectly honorable motive for secretly reporting someone, there are those who probably do it just for the thrill of watching someone have to jump through hoops because of their actions. There have been anonymous complaints in my own neighborhood(not against me), and while I don't know if it's the same person, it sure sounds similar, and I'm in a nearby village. I might be willing to accept someone reporting people anonymously in their neighborhood because they fear retribution, but driving around streets randomly reporting people makes me think that these people have a real problem

Last edited by laryb; 09-07-2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-07-2019, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Waiting for the sequel to the Snoop and the Yenta.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
So now you may know who is complaining. What do you suggest is an appropriate community response to this information? I would take your posting as a threat of retaliation. It is exactly that mindset which has made it necessary for the complaint system to be anonymous, that some people feel "snoops" as you labelled this person should be outed and apparently punished by the community.

EXACTLY!
Old 09-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Well, she has established herself as a liar!

Sorry, but given that truthfulness has become something that is way down on a lot of people's list (if it's even on the list), of what's important...I just couldn't help myself.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
While you may mean well, why do you think she or anyone owes you an explanation? Maybe she thinks YOU’RE a snoop.

What a waste of your time and an affront to a stranger’s privacy. Did you ask her permission to video her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
This is just creepy.

YEP!
Old 09-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Hummm had a women last week walking through our property. I was sitting on lanai, asked what she was doing, I startled her, she said she didn’t she me sitting there. And quickly left to her awaiting cart.

What gives anyone the right to snoop around my windows or lanai. Or I could look at she is looking for a way into my home. Now you want creepy that’s creepy. If she is looking for compliance issues, this is way over the top. Plus she is now on all of my cameras.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

I almost didn’t buy a house because there was a white little cross... my background is Bible College, I am Christian... but I was under the impression someone or thing had been buried there. Because that is the sign we use all over North America to indicate a person has died at that spot. Now I know different, but not everybody does.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Hummm had a women last week walking through our property. I was sitting on lanai, asked what she was doing, I startled her, she said she didn’t she me sitting there. And quickly left to her awaiting cart.

What gives anyone the right to snoop around my windows or lanai. Or I could look at she is looking for a way into my home. Now you want creepy that’s creepy
Trespassing.
Closed Thread

Tags
residences, spotted, doing-she, scavenger, hunt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.