May have spotted the Snoop

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2019, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My camera has a ‘save’ option. I often take photos using an app call photomgrpro on my iphone. And it discards the picture if you do not save it. Why are people so skeptical about what someone posts?
The poster did not have a smartphone so there was no app to delete his videos.

I have that (excellent) app as well on my iPhone but mine doesn't delete anything from the camera roll unless you explicitly turn on "delete after importing" in the settings after *.heic conversion but then it saves the converted file unless you explicitly choose to delete it. It also backs up the original file to my Apple iCloud account.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

I have that (excellent) app as well on my iPhone but mine doesn't delete anything from the camera roll unless you explicitly turn on "delete after importing" in the settings after *.heic conversion but then it saves the converted file unless you explicitly choose to delete it. It also backs up the original file to my Apple iCloud account.
the OP didn't mention videos, I don't think? I'm pretty sure that was another poster talking about video cameras engaging after some woman was romping around his property.

The OP was referring to a camera on his cell phone - there are cell phones that predate the smart phone - flip phones, that can take pictures of things. I don't know how the cameras work, but I'm wondering if maybe those are the types of cameras that require you to save, or not save. They have limited memory.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

I take photos with the app and not go through Apple’s roll because of the iCloud. This app is password protected even if someone breaks into iPhone. Apple is hacked sometimes but it is not publicized. So app good for credit card etc info. I don’t import from camera roll, I use photomgrpro directly. Also much to Apple’s chagrin, we share all our cell phones in the family. Wanted a common Apple ID. No, they can’t do that, would sell fewer number of phones. And they want your personal stats on everything. Like Facebook for future mining.

In any case why would OP mention that he no longer has video? But to reassure who ever is concerned about it.

Last edited by Velvet; 09-08-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I take photos with the app and not go through Apple’s roll because of the iCloud. This app is password protected even if someone breaks into iPhone. Apple is hacked sometimes but it is not publicized. So app good for credit card etc info. I don’t import from camera roll, I use photomgrpro directly. Also much to Apple’s chagrin, we share all our cell phones in the family. Wanted a common Apple ID. No, they can’t do that, would sell fewer number of phones. And they want your personal stats on everything. Like Facebook for future mining.

In any case why would OP mention that he no longer has video? But to reassure who ever is concerned about it.

Off topic but I am curious. I've been using that app for years. How do you take photos WITH THE APP? I see no option for that as the app is only a photo MANAGER and EDITOR. I still have to use the camera app to take a photo. All my photos get saved to the camera roll. I can then move them to protected folders but not by default or automatically.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Sage

There is a little camera on the bottom right side when you go into your folder. You need to have folders first. You have; tools, import, sort camera, new. The camera takes either photo or video.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Sage

I guess I’m going to have to get a Facebook account. Maybe ‘Velvet’ is available.
Closed Thread

Tags
residences, spotted, doing-she, scavenger, hunt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.