May have spotted the Snoop

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Sage

Was the cart an older deep red with a big black square in the back and a white swim noodle shaped like an "A" in the back?
Old 09-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Was the cart an older deep red with a big black square in the back and a white swim noodle shaped like an "A" in the back?
It was around the front of our house didn’t get to see it, but front camera may have. Whoever this is she is really leaving herself open. Say something happens to a home, she is seen walking around the home that is not her residence, someone is going to call LEO. What ever her agenda is this is way out of line. Or waiting for someone to post on utube. Title: Is this creepy women looking in your windows.

Last edited by thelegges; 09-07-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Looking in your windows for lawn ornaments?
Old 09-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Paranoia is beginning to set in, really?
Old 09-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Chatbrat was well within his/her rights to ask what this person was doing. Where we lived in Tennessee there are Neighborhood Watch programs that encourage people to document and report suspicious people in the neighborhood. How do you know she is a village resident, maybe she was looking for places to burglarize by making a list of what was easy pickings for a thief? Maybe she is a village resident but that doesn't mean that she is an honest person. I have read a number of instances on this forum about people living in TV that were dealing drugs and stealing golf carts. Seems like there is an elitist attitude among some villagers that if you live in TV you are more moral and honest that the lesser people outside the bubble.
More than likely she is a self appointed vigilante who views herself as the righter of wrongs and right up there with God. If the people who live in the neighborhood don't have a problem with their neighbor's yards then that should be the end of it, its none of her business. Anonymous snitching is the cowards way. If you have a problem with me then approach me and we can talk about it.
To be clear I'm not advocating violence towards this individual. She is a mean spirited individual though and does not deserve any respect.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
I live in Tamarind Grove, spotted a woman riding around with a clip board-she stopped in front of several residences. The residences had lawn ornaments , one of them had a little white cross-I followed and asked her what she was doing-she said she was on a scavenger hunt.

If my neighbors get a visit from community standards--I got a good description of her & her golf cart + a video on my phone

Hope you turned off the sound on your phone while you were filming her because it is against the law in FL to film a conversation anyone without their permission. Florida is a 2 party state.

While it's generally legal to videotape someone in Florida, you are not permitted to record a conversation without the person's consent. Florida is a "two party consent" state, which means that it's illegal to record conversations unless all parties have given consent to be taped or overheard. As a home or business owner, it's best to err on the side of caution and install image-only recording devices. If your tape picks up a conversation, you might inadvertently fall foul of the state's wiretapping laws.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Hummm had a women last week walking through our property. I was sitting on lanai, asked what she was doing, I startled her, she said she didn’t she me sitting there. And quickly left to her awaiting cart.

What gives anyone the right to snoop around my windows or lanai. Or I could look at she is looking for a way into my home. Now you want creepy that’s creepy. If she is looking for compliance issues, this is way over the top. Plus she is now on all of my cameras.
That's a whole different story...than what the OP is whining about.

Personally, I would have been tempted to race her back to her cart, grab her keys...then call the cops.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:53 PM

Why can’t grown up people simply follow the rules as they agreed when they purchased their home??
Old 09-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Note to the person who was on a cart scavenger hunt....a popular past timein the Villages.....

That lady following you, AND FILMING you, and writing down your description was not a stalker, she was just another Villager who agreed to how things are done here, but for some reason changed her mind....

Not to worry, and if are posting about her somewhere, she is posting about you.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Sage

If you forgot to turn off the sound while videoing you can edit it out for court.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
That's a whole different story...than what the OP is whining about.

Personally, I would have been tempted to race her back to her cart, grab her keys...then call the cops.
This person has been noticed in our neighborhood more than once. She was apparently looking at our landscaping which is next to our windows, and around our lanai. We have some whiteish bark plants, that flowers once a year. Our neighbor said she is looking for white crosses, and could not get to them without going thru our yard.
Since she set off all 4 of my cameras, it’s not paranoia, it’s gotten out of hand that she needs to walk around your home to see what one may be hiding in your flowers.
I get the deed restrictions, but for the traveling self proclaimed Creepy lady, she is going to get a rude awaking from someone one day.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
She has a pet peeve about "little white crosses" and American Flags on the lawn--those where the only houses she stopped at.

This flies in the face of the poster who alleges a woman looking in her windows, etc. could there be more than one SNOOP?

The plot thickens...
Old 09-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
+1. While I never had strong feelings one way or the other with respect to anonymous violation reporting, I sure do understand the reason for it now and fully support the concept.

I hope the TV powers that be read this thread and never change the policy. We don’t need self-appointed vigilantes.

If I were stopped by someone and asked what I’m doing, I’d have some choice words, and if that person started videoing me, I’d call the Sheriff.

Maybe the heat got to the OP. We can only hope.
One has no right to absolute privacy when on a public street. It is entirely legal to photo/video anyone when in that venue. Calling the sheriff would accomplish nothing except taking them away from their critical tasks.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Paranoia is beginning to set in, really?
Be happy to send her to your home and then you can choose if a weird person walking around your home is paranoia. My hope is she picks the house where that 100 pound dog comes out to protect their space. Since my security picked up her movements, from the front of our home up the drive, down the side of our home between houses, and then walking around our lanai, looking in the beds, I don’t have to make it up. It’s all there in color and her face all the video is very clear

Last edited by thelegges; 09-07-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Sage

Yes, when I was house shopping we had a short time only and drove through most of TV so hubby could choose an area he liked. I went around many properties first. Not looking inside just to see if there were fences or how big the property was in order to see if we wanted an agent to show the house to us. On one property a lady came out leaving her barking dogs inside. I saw a shotgun too but she did not point it. I remember thanking her for that and mentioning that I was looking at her property to buy. She invited us in and told us her plans to move to the new area etc.

I gave up looking at houses that way, the grass was too painful to walk on in sandals anyways.
Closed Thread

Tags
residences, spotted, doing-she, scavenger, hunt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.