May have spotted the Snoop

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
Why can’t grown up people simply follow the rules as they agreed when they purchased their home??
I have no idea why grown up people have so much difficulty with deed restrictions.
No need for complaints, anonymous or otherwise, if everyone adhered to the rules they agreed to when they purchased their home.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:16 PM

Audio recording without permission will get you in deep trouble in Florida. deed restrictions were hopefully read before signing. It is not about crosses or other yard fixtures, it is about rules.

If the lady is trespassing or peeking in windows that is a different problem. Walking on a public street taking notes is her right.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 09-07-2019, 06:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Be happy to send her to your home and then you can choose if a weird person walking around your home is paranoia. My hope is she picks the house where that 100 pound dog comes out to protect their space. Since my security picked up her movements, from the front of our home up the drive, down the side of our home between houses, and then walking around our lanai, looking in the beds, I don’t have to make it up. It’s all there in color and her face all the video is very clear

What did the Sheriff say?
Old 09-07-2019, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

If she had an acceptable reason for doing what she did, she would have said it.

As it is, the police should have a copy of your camera’s video. (I’m talking about the one looking inside.)

Last edited by Velvet; 09-07-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:38 PM

I think that people driving around doing this have another agenda than deed restrictions. I would have stopped her and asked about what she was doing. I have had my home broken into and am always suspicious of something like this. Never hurts to ask !
Old 09-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

Was the woman on the PUBLIC street or on private property? Maybe she was noting covenant compliance violations, or maybe she was checking out different landscaping for ideas for her property. Maybe she is doing a home appraisal and is making notes about the condition of the home and property. We had our home appraised for a refinance and not only did she take notes, but she even took photos of the property. If she is on a public street and taking notes, that may not be enough to warrant asking her about what she is doing. How many women, by themselves on a public street, would feel comfortable with a stranger approaching her asking her of her business? If she was using binoculars to appear to be looking in windows, well that would reasonably considered to be suspicious, but then, why not call the police or at least Community Watch and let them handle it? If she is actually on your property, you have every right to ask her to leave. If she was on private property looking into windows, the call that should be made is to the police. You could make that video of her and show that to the police when they arrive on the scene. She could then explain to them what is going on.

I have no sympathy for anyone reported for violating a covenant that they AGREED TO when they bought their home. There is a process that was set up to seek official approval for changes/additions that are potentially desired. Should one choose to not follow the process (which also doesn't guarantee approval), then they basically are crossing their fingers that a violation report doesn't get filed. Just because someone was violating their covenants for years without being reported doesn't entitle them to get a free pass. We are after all, an advanced age community, which means that homes on average will turnover faster than in non-age restricted communities. There may be new neighbors who may not be of the same opinion on the "tasteful aspects" of yard decorations that are violations.

I readily admit that the covenants are one of the reasons we chose to live here. No one held a gun to our head when we signed the paperwork and agreed to comply with the covenants, and I have yet to hear that such drastic measures have ever been needed to make a sale in the Villages. If the covenants are personally too restrictive, why not sell and move out of the Villages to a home without covenants or homeowner associations? Or, even better, just say NO and don't buy here.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
One has no right to absolute privacy when on a public street. It is entirely legal to photo/video anyone when in that venue. ---clip---
Yes, absolutely correct, but not (IN FL) to record and share a conversation (if any) one has with a person on a public street without their explicit permission.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
One has no right to absolute privacy when on a public street. It is entirely legal to photo/video anyone when in that venue.
I don't understand.
If one has a right to absolute privacy on a public street, wouldn't photographing someone mean a lack of privacy?
Old 09-07-2019, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

With all the fun things to do in the Villages, even the longest days of the year are way too short. It is beyond my imagination how someone could be so pathetic that they choose to wast their time driving around neighborhoods with a clipboard recording deed restriction violations when it is not their job?
Old 09-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Hummm had a women last week walking through our property. I was sitting on lanai, asked what she was doing, I startled her, she said she didn’t she me sitting there. And quickly left to her awaiting cart.

What gives anyone the right to snoop around my windows or lanai. Or I could look at she is looking for a way into my home. Now you want creepy that’s creepy. If she is looking for compliance issues, this is way over the top. Plus she is now on all of my cameras.
She could be legally shot as a burglar for crossing the curtilage in some parts of the country. Curtilage - Wikipedia

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I don't understand.
If one has a right to absolute privacy on a public street, wouldn't photographing someone mean a lack of privacy?
The statement was "One has NO right......"

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-08-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
With all the fun things to do in the Villages, even the longest days of the year are way too short. It is beyond my imagination how someone could be so pathetic that they choose to wast their time driving around neighborhoods with a clipboard recording deed restriction violations when it is not their job?
Well, actually it's all our job.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Well, actually it's all our job.
Not if you don't get paid for it!

I agree it is all our jobs to report BLATANT and OBVIOUS deed restrictions in our IMMEDIATE neighborhood. But it is not our jobs to travel throughout the Villages with the sole intention of finding any nit picking little thing to report. Get a life!
Old 09-07-2019, 09:22 PM

I'm selling torches and pitchforks to anyone interested.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

Please , please, please post it on a Villages group on fb. PM me and I'll post it myself..
Closed Thread

Tags
residences, spotted, doing-she, scavenger, hunt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.